Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    This ability shouldn't be "fixed" or "sent back to the drawing board". It should be put to sleep, so that the dev team can restore HP and get a reraise effect.
    I hope the dev's don't start cannibalizing their pets...
    (6)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

To put this in perspective, this ability is kinda like giving pld a new 2hr that restores them to full, removes status effects and gives them reraise, and in exchange, encumbers their shield slot for 5 minutes. Yep. It's just that good.
    (6)

Character
    Tigeriss
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So instead of boosting power to our tanks (pets- charmed or jug doesn't matter) as beast master it will just do like dragoon does and give us boost and help us? I think this might be more of a nerf then a help but only time will tell and yes that is my opinion on this, sorry if I misread it but that is what it sounded like to me.
    (3)

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Here you go Devs... you can have this one for free:

Job Ability
    Primal Surge - Recast: 2:00:00, Duration: 0:30
    While under the effect of Primal Surge, pet TP gain will increase dramatically, Sic/Ready commands will have a 0 second recast, and Ready commands will not require charges.

Basically, it would allow you to get 3-4 Ready commands off in a row. Being able to do this once every 2hrs is not overpowered AT ALL and would be a much better "emergency" 2hr than cannibalizing your pet for a damn reraise.
    (17)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post

Job Ability
    While under the effect of Primal Surge, pet TP gain will increase dramatically, Sic/Ready commands will have a 0 second recast, and Ready commands will not require charges.

Basically, it would allow you to get 3-4 Ready commands off in a row. Being able to do this once every 2hrs is not overpowered AT ALL and would be a much better "emergency" 2hr than cannibalizing your pet for a damn reraise.
    Awe, I think Blizzard just patented your original idea. Its to bad we get nothing but shit this whole year, thanks devs.

I am sure its been said, and I know every one here has thought that this pitiful so-called "2 hour" and wild run were drafted as one single JA. When used, the jug gets the hp regen and w/e haste for 5min. then poofs... and this "game changing" 2H ja would grant the said buffs to the Jugmaster. but I'm sure some lazy fuck or asshole said "No,No,No, we can milk this and save a years worth of development costs". I hope this is the case, if not your par is pathetic.
    (3)
    Last edited by deces; 08-07-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post

Job Ability

that would be more situationally useful, its more like Meikyou shisui for pet. which I suggested once also, but I would prefer if we could skillchain w/ it.
    (8)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Totally agree with many of the posters here, this new 2 hours really really suck and one of the WORSE thing ever. Somebody there in the team does not like beastmaster apparently.
    (7)

I've wracked my brain trying to think of a use for this ability, and the result I came up with is: If you can actually come up with a way for this ability to be useful, odds are, you're playing the job wrong. Seriously, I really tried. I can't come up with any possible use for this ability that doesn't have a better alternative. And besides that, even if theoretically I could come up with a reason why I might need to sacrifice my pet for a sudden hp restore, odds are I'm fighting something strong enough that I already used familiar and prepped myself with reraise.
    (12)

Really need to get rid of this and design something better, this is terrible
    (11)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Raborn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Before I go an give my 2 cents on a "better idea" for BST's merit 2 hour. I see opportunity in this. In your testing, did you get your pets hp to < 10% or <1% and what is the hp ratio returned to the master?

So here's the scenario: Your pets almost dead, you've been getting thwacked on by AOE's, no healers in sight. You know the second your pet falls you're going down, what do you do? pop the 2 hour get cured to full, pop another pet, slam it back on the monster. I don't understand the whole recast of 2:00:00 on ready but I'm pretty sure the devs will look into that (there is no reason what so-ever why the devs would need to restrict our pets tp usage). As long as this 2 hour DOES NOT reset Call Beast this could be very useful in high end engagement material (potentially stuff like higher level legion type matches or upper area KSNMs in bad spots) On top of this you get reraise 3. So if you die later on guess what? Chances are your call beast timer is back up so you reraise and throw another pet on it.
    Almost seems like SE is setting us up to win. Can't tell you how many times pre-75 cap break I died and wished I had just one more pet to throw out to finish off the fight.

I know its not the best 2hr but it does answer the few cries of those who are complaining about gil loss. (Now you guys dont need to blow alot of money on reraise items!) /trolls
    (1)
    Last edited by Raborn; 08-09-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast