Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    same problem here with confluxes, avatars etc.

and recently lag spikes during zergs due to new WS animations, especially when Resolution and ukyo's fury is spammed (this is no joke lol). Higher tier have the same effect to lagspike wise. tough those are nearly not as bad as the one mentioned above (confluxes, avatars etc.)
    (1)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I only notice a slight lag with telepoint crystal and confluxes. And occasionally with earth weather if I have weather on. The biggest lag I experience is from the floating maw by the Abyssea Surveyor when I try to get time/atmas/cruor buffs. The responses from controller to screen are so sluggish I feel as if I could freeze or disconnect at any second.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I get a serious drop in frame rate around confluxes and smn's avatars, omg I hate smn's (I'm 99smn). Funny the Titans, Garuda's etc that are the mobs in abyssea that just roam around don't cause the lag, but a smn's garuda, esp if more than one causes the problem. My own avatar when playing Smn doesn't see to effect me unless I get with other Smn's.
    (0)

The reason for the drop is that it isnt just a normal glow around the edge. Its essentially cloning the avatar 7 times and rotating it slowly behind itself (as can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_eeyPFLlBU)

I havent looked at avatar glow in a long time but im sure it could be replaced with a more efficient glow, although the way they did it was best for the engine they are on. It will follow the avatars movements 100% and stay behind the avatar thus making the glow.

Of course it can be turned off through the dat so probably no reason why it couldnt be turned off through a menu.

-edit-

Oh Telepoints probably just need to be remade, the effects from 1.0 FFXI are not the best when it comes to looks and efficiency.
    As for Confluxes im not sure why those would cause lag. (I dont get lag from any of the above so its all word of mouth to me :[ )

-edit2-

Looked into the Conflux, the pretty cone like glowing effect uses quite a few things repeating over themselves to look like that, so thats likely why So pretty though
    (2)
    Last edited by Mooshywooshy; 08-04-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    All these things cause lag for me aswell - telepoints, confluxes, avatars - everything that has a glow. So yes please, make it so that we can turn that effect off.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Foxfire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Pandemonium Warden when he does Astral Flow, holy shit mother of lag.
    (1)
    Opinions are opinions. Keep 'em that way.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    Pandemonium Warden when he does Astral Flow, holy shit mother of lag.
    Oh god yes lol, I can barely move if we're unlucky and AF goes off. Terrible.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3