Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    SCH Getting Cure V would kill WHM, even with their Cure VI.

As an example:

WHM - Cure VI - 50% potency, 70 VIT and 150 MND = 1407
    SCH - Cure V - 27% potency, 70 VIT, 100 MND, Light Weather, Rapture (available every 48 seconds) = 1447 --- With EAF+2 Hat that goes up to around 1600

Also SCH can cut the spell down in MP cost to less than Cure IV.

I include Weather as SCH can give itself it whereas WHM can not and stratagems are readily available with no problem. Whereas Divine Seal is 10 minutes.
    As WHM main, this would drive me crazy. WHM's cures with Orison Body +2 are better. A friends ls actually wont let her come WHM cause she doesn't have +2 body yet, cause they prefer the highest cureskin. Makes them sound insecure to me, cause I don't think it makes or breaks anything. But I can see how it would be nicer.

And just to stay on topic of RDM, it would be cool see to more melee Red Mage.
    (0)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    In all honesty I love the way abyssea NMs, VNMs, and Quest Clear NMs treat RDM. Also with the SE development team gearing each job to be better at their jobs makes things even better imo. I would love to see cure V added to our cure spell list and I feel rdm WILL be getting it. I don't know why when I speak to other rdms in abyssea ptys and in my LS they all have had similar experiences as most of you where rdm seems to be almost useless in abyssea. In my experience we are useless in regular exp parties but not in NMs and clears by anymeans. Sure it's not often for us to be used in proc but we can if needed but I'll tell you that there were countless times when I saved a tank, or whm getting too much hate and I have the mob so enfeebled that it almost can't do shit. I love the fact that atma's and the new gear for rdm focus on our enhancing and enfeebling skills. We just have to use them.

I know it only takes a few secs to cast, land, and keep up enfeebles but thats when we need to focus on supporting the rest of the pty by sleeping adds (if any) haste, and the normal things. Adding cure 5 would be perfect for us as a support mage to help out the whms or schs in main curing and not a main source to replace whm.

This is just my opinion and my experience which I honestly love how abyssea is. Sure it may have hurt some jobs and low levels but it's an MMO and things have to change we just need to learn how to change with it or move on. For now i'm very happy with what SE has been doing with the game and can't wait for more content threw the rest of the year.
    (1)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Meh, id be surprised if RDM didnt get Cure V before 99 anyway.
    (1)
    Last edited by blowfin; 04-16-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Player
    RDM is............THE........... enfeebler

WHM is...........THE............healer

Enfeebling a monster reduces the damage it does to your tank

Healing your tank makes the tank...live

Sounds good!

Abyssea[

However, many strong NMs are immune to a few enfeebs, making rdm a lot less useful suddenly.... then those rdm can also not heal through the damage the NM does since it cannot be enfeeb'd easily/at all by many spells

Whm can heal through the damage the NM does to the tank with ease without the monster even needing to be enfeeb'd
    ]

Enfeebling in many places can fail easily, and be useless.
    Healing other than for zombie status, does not fail......

Thanks to this trend, tanks mass up on HP atmas in abyssea on stronger mobs, and have an artillery of whms to bomb their tank with heals. While the rdm can't enfeeb the insanely powerful monster, and pulls threat like crazy when spamming cure IV...

This isn't balanced :\

Root of the problem- Enfeebling fails, healing really doesn't. Making whm king(or queen) as a support in abyssea. Rdm either needs cure V, or to be able to enfeeb monsters so its actually worth coming rdm instead of bombing 1.4k+ cures as whm.
    (0)
    Last edited by Felren; 04-17-2011 at 03:17 AM.

RDM and WHM were unbalanced for years before. WHM wasn't wanted for merit parties. I don't think it will kill RDM to have WHM be preferred over it for abyssea. With the revamps to dyna and the new battlefields, people might not be living in abyssea any more. Outside abyssea WHM barely even needs Cure V, let alone Cure VI.
    (1)

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So far in my experience in Abyssea it's mostly a toss-up. Usually a RDM's niche is healing, but when there are 2-3 WHMs things start getting hazy for what role you're considered for.

So far I've been pulling, sleeping mobs, emergency curing, and the occasional nuking. I melee if there's absolutely nothing to do.

Cure V and Raise II would be nice to have, and I expect Cure V before 99, but more as a novelty. I don't think we -need- it.
    (0)

Player
    Whm still trumps Rdm in Cure potency, efficiency on cures with Emp legs, Cureskin from solace/emp body, has better barspells with relic/blessed/emp body/beneficus, aoe stat ups, and esuna/sacrifice/misery. I don't see Cure V going to others suddenly obsoleting Whm being a main healer at all, it will just allow other jobs to get by. Especially if they just change it so for not Whm Cure V gives normal enmity.
    (0)

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    wtb better heals on rdm than I have on my blm.
    (2)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18