Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lileth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think we need to look at the bigger picture here. Starting at level 21, WHM approximately receives a new cure spell every 20 levels:

Cure III - level 21
    Cure IV - level 41
    Cure V - level 61
    Cure VI - level 80

I take the jump of only 19 levels from V to VI as a hint that the devs intend to give WHM Cure VII at level 99. At that point, it should not represent a balance issue at all to give RDM (and SCH) Cure V.
    (0)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    The game has progressed to the point where WHM is the ONLY legitimate healing support job for a large majority of (admittedly largely Abyssea) fights - this is a huge balance error. Even with CureV RDM will not overtake WHM - it will simply be usable. WHM is currently the game's most overpowered job.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by RaenRyong View Post
    The game has progressed to the point where WHM is the ONLY legitimate healing support job for a large majority of (admittedly largely Abyssea) fights - this is a huge balance error. Even with CureV RDM will not overtake WHM - it will simply be usable. WHM is currently the game's most overpowered job.
    Blu is passable too
    (0)

Player
    Outside of abyssea I can live with only cure IV... but inside abyssea with the insane HP, and insane amount of damage taken, Cure IV is embarrisingly outdated to have as a top heal for rdm/sch. Spamming Cure IV in some situations isn't enough, but the biggest problem with Cure IV is the amount of threat it draws. In a lot of situations, you just can't get away with a rdm spamming heals due to this.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Cure V would most certainly be useful, Raise II would be nice but less necessary than Cure V
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I personally think RDM Healing is okay the way it is now. RDM has always been a support job, and a little help goes a long way, whether it be also nuking in a party full of BLMs while throwing out refreshes, or taking healing duties over for a WHM resting for MP. Primarily though, I love Enfeebling and Enhancing.

SE needs to think on this one carefully, though- I'd hate to become a Pseudo-WHM like the Treasures of Aht Urhgan era transformed the job to be, and WHM would again be overshadowed like Draylo said. The only reason RDM was the perfect healer before Abyssea is because Cure 4 can proportionately heal enough HP, where Cure 5 or 6 seems more like a wasted effort, especially on the MP pool. I like the Curasa suggestion personally, as it adds a new trick for RDM that differentiates it from WHM. Plus, you certainly get more buffs and debuffs on the side to make enemies go down easier.
    (0)

Character
    Dinah
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Personally I think red mage could benefit from abilities akin to the Afflatus JAs. Perhaps a JA that will modify your next cure potency dependent upon the amount of damage of your last casted nuke. I realize this is situational, but it could still have its uses to balance the playing field with RDM and WHM.

Another thought I have had in the past was a JT that compares to "Double Attack", but with magic instead. "Double Cast" maybe? Perhaps either (1) Occasionally doubling the potency of a spell, or, (2) The same spell is occasionally cast again immediately after the first cast, with a reduced MP cost if any cost at all.
    (0)

Outside of Abyssea, where Tanks don't have HP in the 4k range, Cure IV is okay. Inside of Abyssea, I might as well just come BLM to everything instead of RDM unless I'm soloing an NM (and an NM NIN/DNC can't take care of faster than RDM could, at that). Perhaps make a relatively easy-to-get Staff with:

Cure Potency +10%
    Visitant Status: "Cure V"
    85 RDM SCH

Or something like that. Though I'd rather have the spell natively.
    (1)
    Aliekber of Carbamesh
    RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think we will be getting Cure V prior to capping at lvl 99. We got cure IV at lvl 48. At lvl 99 thats over 50 levels ago without another cure spell. They will give us Cure V. As for another raise, honestly I feel no need for it but I do think we need a more diverse enfeeble spell list, more potent mix, or create another tier with more merits.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Cure V would be nice, however honestly I would rather see RDM get Reraise than Raise II
    (0)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast