Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Since Rune Fencer uses Great Swords, Will they be able to use the Empyrean/Relic?

I'm hoping to get a heads up maybe on if Rune Fencer will be able to use the Caladbolg or the Ragnarok, as I am very excited to level this job and pimp it out, If the Devs can confirm or deny the usage of one or both of these weapons it would be very nice to be able to prepare for it while I wait for the new expansion.
    (0)
    The one who walks the road of Twilight. Bow to no one. Defeat everything.

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...t-can-use-them.

"So SE said in a interview that Geo and Rune fencer will not be able to use Relics and Empyrean weapons."
    (0)

Player
    You get Mythic, and a new weapon type if it comes with the expansion most likely, other than that, better get some gil together for an AH GS, cause that looks to be the best your getting for now within the realms of realism unless your prepared to drop 30k Alexandrites on a job which is already set on a wobbly basis.
    (0)

square all ready said not going getting them for fencer , also if notice they blocked out his other hand so more and likely going be able to duel wield a 2 handed weapon with a single handed weapon sword or dagger. So I see no reason for empy or relic weapon if that what there doing to that class. also we will get a new set of insane gear anyways.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sc4500 View Post
    square all ready said not going getting them for fencer , also if notice they blocked out his other hand so more and likely going be able to duel wield a 2 handed weapon with a single handed weapon sword or dagger. So I see no reason for empy or relic weapon if that what there doing to that class. also we will get a new set of insane gear anyways.
    Or that could have just been for artistic reasons. Someone holding a 2-handed weapon in an art picture doesn't mean much. But no, so far they're only going to be on mythic, as far as we know.
    (0)

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    PUP already doesn't get Spharai.

Yeah no; if a job didn't exist when they introduced relics, they don't add them a relic. And they said it'd be the same for empys.

Now, what it did sound like they were saying though, is that there'd be a new class of weapons that would include the new jobs. Which would be great for PUP and the like, which only have empys and mythics to go off of.
    (0)

Character
    Mathieu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60
    I'm not sure what image you are going by. The images I saw do show the Rune Fencer holding a great sword one handed, but is because they are using a rune with the other hand.
    (0)

Character
    Smeggles
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    You get Mythic, and a new weapon type if it comes with the expansion most likely, other than that, better get some gil together for an AH GS, cause that looks to be the best your getting for now within the realms of realism unless your prepared to drop 30k Alexandrites on a job which is already set on a wobbly basis.
    There is no Mythic Great Sword.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeggles View Post
    There is no Mythic Great Sword.
    Yet, notice, there is 1 Mythic for every job, with the new jobs we will be getting new Mythics as well, 1 for each. SE said this the same time they said that was the only super weapon the new jobs would be getting because Mythics are made for certain jobs, meaning they can easily be balanced, however Relics & Emps are for many jobs, which makes them harder to balance and they would need to adjust the Relics/Emps for the new jobs if they were to add them to them.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    square all ready said not going getting them for fencer , also if notice they blocked out his other hand so more and likely going be able to duel wield a 2 handed weapon with a single handed weapon sword or dagger.
    If that was possible, PUP animators would be in the sub slot. It wouldn't surprise me if RNF had B+ sword skill though, with access to the heavy swords used by PLD and DRK that RDM cannot use, as well as all sword and greatsword weaponskills (excluding relic/empy).
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast