Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
    Player
    Heroes VNMs are probably spammed on EVERY server, just an assumption but I have a near impossible time of finding them alone on Phoenix, and I'm sure were not the only server who wants Ochain PLDs & DBRDs.
    (0)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Exactly, when in truth I think it should be accessible by all, somewhat difficult, and always rewarding. I have a point system that people seem to somewhat ignore or at least never respond to all to much, that I think would be great for VW type content. If RNG is screwing you long enough it eventually adds up to giving you the item anyways. Making people go 1/1 while others go 1/300 is stupid in game design, but so is closing off content to half of the players due to their personal time constraints or inability to play a game at certain times. Neither should be acceptable in game design, all content should be available to all players, and everyone should stand an equal chance at acquiring things, while if given enough time you can get whatever you wish, and luck still gets to play its part up to a point.
    You might get sick of me referencing XIV, but if it weren't due to the fact that that game is virtually this game with enhanced graphics, I wouldn't be (nor would I have a frame of reference). And before anyone says "That's a different game, it's irrelevant here!" - give me a chance to say that I'm only trying to figure out where SE and major MMO developers are trying to go with this design philosophy. It isn't just about this game. Everything I've tried to cover up to this point was just a stepping stone to get to a bigger picture.

And that bigger picture is why do we need this approach? Does SE really care about what you want, (yes, you), or are they really only trying to please the casual crowd (majority?) in order to get more subs? Can it work? Should it work? Where do the people who enjoy a real challenge going to end up?
    (0)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    And by the way Demon, SE did implement something that resembles your point/ticket system on the primal fights in FF14. People complained also about spamming 100+ fights and getting no return, so what they did was put an item in the treasure coffer called an "Inferno Totem"; 10 of which could be traded in for one of the prized Ifrit weapons.
    (0)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This whole thread is an embarrassment.

You should be really sad for what you've done.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballed View Post
    And by the way Demon, SE did implement something that resembles your point/ticket system on the primal fights in FF14. People complained also about spamming 100+ fights and getting no return, so what they did was put an item in the treasure coffer called an "Inferno Totem"; 10 of which could be traded in for one of the prized Ifrit weapons.
    Honestly how they should redo VW a little, that way its worth doing. Content without a definite reward dies out because people lose the will to participate in events they could be completely wasting their time on.
    (2)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticleg View Post
    This whole thread is an embarrassment.

You should be really sad for what you've done.
    I'm saving the standard for multiplayer (MMO) video games. That, or desperately seeking out their salvation.
    (0)

Player
    I'm saving the standard for multiplayer (MMO) video games. That, or desperately seeking out their salvation.
    No, at this point you are simply feeding your own ego. Nothing more and nothing less.
    (2)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    No, at this point you are simply feeding your own ego. Nothing more and nothing less.
    The purpose and function of a Discussion Forum is to, obviously, discuss. We make topics relevant to the subject and comment around that topic. We don't jump in from thread to thread tossing out personal attacks against people we don't agree with and then hop right back out again. Last I checked, my name was nowhere in the title of this thread, nor is it a part of the subject, either. Blocked. Bye.
    (0)

Player
    The purpose and function of a Discussion Forum is to, obviously, discuss.
    You have made it abundantly clear over the course of this thread that you have absolutely no intention of holding a constructive discussion with anyone.

Blocked. Bye.
    This is trolling.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    You have made it abundantly clear over the course of this thread that you have absolutely no intention of holding a constructive discussion with anyone.
    As shown by the fact I have been having a civil conversation for the last few pages...
    (0)

Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast