Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballed View Post
    But, didn't you just say it wasn't due to the 'system'?
    The system is not preventing you from building ye olde six man parties. The players on the other hand are. It is the players who are turning you down. The players don't want to participate in the grind. They have never wanted to participate in the grind. That is the source of your problem and it is something you cannot change.
    (1)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    So your solution is what? Petition SE to change the leveling system against the wishes of the majority of the player base to take things back to the way YOU like?
    Yes, because they are a child.
    (1)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So your solution is what? Petition SE to change the leveling system against the wishes of the majority of the player base to take things back to the way YOU like?
    More to the effect of removing the option to auto-repeat book pages. I think that's a fair and plausible proposition. If this can't or won't be done, then the question arises, (I've asked this over and over and I don't recall a direct response), what is the point of EXP and level-based progression? Should it just be removed? Can you answer?
    (0)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    The system is not preventing you from building ye olde six man parties. The players on the other hand are. It is the players who are turning you down. The players don't want to participate in the grind. They have never wanted to participate in the grind. That is the source of your problem and it is something you cannot change.
    Please see my last post and answer the questions, then, if you would.
    (0)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    More to the effect of removing the option to auto-repeat book pages. I think that's a fair and plausible proposition. If this can't or won't be done, then the question arises, (I've asked this over and over and I don't recall a direct response), what is the point of EXP and level-based progression? Should it just be removed? Can you answer?
    We (the players [via this forum and other means]) requested auto-repeat book pages from SE as a means to eliminate the tedium of running back and forth to the book which served as nothing more than a waste of time. Eliminating auto-repeating books does not accomplish any goal other than to increase player frustration.
    Years ago, FFXI was as much about gaining EXP as it was other aspects. That dynamic has changed. There is a plethora of activities and content available to a player at level 99, while there are much fewer things to do at the lower levels. As a result, the players strive to achieve level 99 as soon as possible, in order to enjoy these activities.
    Should the level progression be removed, no. Should people be forced to undertake that progression under somebody else's limited ways, no.
    (2)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    We (the players [via this forum and other means]) requested auto-repeat book pages from SE as a means to eliminate the tedium of running back and forth to the book which served as nothing more than a waste of time. Eliminating auto-repeating books does not accomplish any goal other than to increase player frustration.
    Years ago, FFXI was as much about gaining EXP as it was other aspects. That dynamic has changed. There is a plethora of activities and content available to a player at level 99, while there are much fewer things to do at the lower levels. As a result, the players strive to achieve level 99 as soon as possible, in order to enjoy these activities.
    Should the level progression be removed, no. Should people be forced to undertake that progression under somebody else's limited ways, no.
    You could say they put the option to auto-repeat to avoid the tedium in going back for new pages, yeah. But you can also say that people want it kept just as much if not more because of how it can be abused. As I said before, such frustration didn't even exist before the books came along. You went to camp and did your thing without being tied to this object of your misery. You killed only what you wanted, and weren't 'restricted' to finding X-number of this mob and then X-number of that mob before you'd accomplished any real progression.

How does EXP and level-based progression even play a role in the game any more if the majority is only bothered with the Endgame? Why do you say it's still necessary?
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I think the OP is laughing from her tower at the destruction and chaos she has wrought.
    (0)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I think the OP is laughing from her tower at the destruction and chaos she has wrought.
    Unfortunately, for you guys, I have internet access at work and just started a 12hr. shift. Ho-hum.
    (0)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You could say they put the option to auto-repeat to avoid the tedium in going back for new pages, yeah. But you can also say that people want it kept just as much if not more because of how it can be abused. As I said before, such frustration didn't even exist before the books came along. You went to camp and did your thing without being tied to this object of your misery. You killed only what you wanted, and weren't 'restricted' to finding X-number of this mob and then X-number of that mob before you'd accomplished any real progression.

How does EXP and level-based progression even play a role in the game any more if the majority is only bothered with the Endgame? Why do you say it's still necessary?
    I agree with you that people want the books kept because of how easy it makes it to level/leech sub jobs, alternate accounts and what-not. But I don't agree that it should be taken away.
    I dont exactly agree with your statement about the lack of frustration before the books, nor about being 'tied' to the book. Years back, during the 6-man party days, your options were actually quite limited, and thinking "outside the box" for exp wasn't always received well. Basically, you solo'd to 10, PTd in the dunes on lizards, crabs, flies & pugs, until you moved to Qufim and did worms, crabs & pugs, only to move to the jungles and fight mandies & gobs. The books are no different than past 6-man groups. You fought what was popular, or you struggled to build your own group to do something outside the norm.

EXP progression at this point is more of a formality, something that needs to be done because that's the way it's always been done. It's one of the building blocks that FFXI was built on, seeded sooo deeply that its nearly impossible to remove. There is still much to be learned thru leveling tho. You still learn things about your job, about how others play their various jobs, not to mention learning about the mentality of your fellow players, make friends, find linkshells to join, or maybe the opposite, figure out who's a douche bag and who you don't want to associate yourself with later in the game.

I don't mind the EXP system as it is now. I'm sorry that you dislike it so much.
    (0)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I agree with you that people want the books kept because of how easy it makes it to level/leech sub jobs, alternate accounts and what-not. But I don't agree that it should be taken away.
    I dont exactly agree with your statement about the lack of frustration before the books, nor about being 'tied' to the book. Years back, during the 6-man party days, your options were actually quite limited, and thinking "outside the box" for exp wasn't always received well. Basically, you solo'd to 10, PTd in the dunes on lizards, crabs, flies & pugs, until you moved to Qufim and did worms, crabs & pugs, only to move to the jungles and fight mandies & gobs. The books are no different than past 6-man groups. You fought what was popular, or you struggled to build your own group to do something outside the norm.

EXP progression at this point is more of a formality, something that needs to be done because that's the way it's always been done. It's one of the building blocks that FFXI was built on, seeded sooo deeply that its nearly impossible to remove. There is still much to be learned thru leveling tho. You still learn things about your job, about how others play their various jobs, not to mention learning about the mentality of your fellow players, make friends, find linkshells to join, or maybe the opposite, figure out who's a douche bag and who you don't want to associate yourself with later in the game.

I don't mind the EXP system as it is now. I'm sorry that you dislike it so much.
    I applaud you for at least having whatever it takes to provide an answer, as the others don't seem to have. Would it be OK with you in future games if there were no EXP or levels to grind at all? Why or why not?
    (0)

Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast