Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballed View Post
    As well, my 200+ criticals on Colibri with Manji Shuriken would like to have a word with you. But then again, I highly doubt you ever used them, so how would you know?

Bird parties, no THF, and that Penta Thrust SAM isn't taking hate off me. Not before it dies out-right.
    How many times could you have swung your katanas in the time it took you to hit your ranged attack macro to toss that shuriken and how much dmg would you have done per swing? How much TP would you have gained from those swings versus what you gained from the shuirken? How many times could you WS just meleeing versus throwing shurikens? How much overall dps is your happy fun time with shurikens costing you and your party?

I could sit here and regale you with stories of the times I put up nice numbers doing something out of the ordinary, but it doesn't mean that what I was doing was ideal or efficient. It's great that you got nice dmg out of your shuriken, but there's very good reasons why that's not the normal way of damage dealing for NINs.
    (4)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    How many times could you have swung your katanas in the time it took you to hit your ranged attack macro to toss that shuriken and how much dmg would you have done per swing? How much TP would you have gained from those swings versus what you gained from the shuirken? How many times could you WS just meleeing versus throwing shurikens? How much overall dps is your happy fun time with shurikens costing you and your party?

I could sit here and regale you with stories of the times I put up nice numbers doing something out of the ordinary, but it doesn't mean that what I was doing was ideal or efficient. It's great that you got nice dmg out of your shuriken, but there's very good reasons why that's not the normal way of damage dealing for NINs.
    Did you use shuriken on Colibri? Was your throwing skill capped? Do you think I threw more than 1-2 per fight (first being as it was coming in, just before voke). Do you really know what you're talking about, or just attacking something because it's not the route you or any of your friends took? Regarding your first question, did I miss something or did Ninja lose auto-attack somewhere? The ranged in question has a 1.92 delay. See here.
    (0)

Player
    Somebody get Wish in here, quickly.
    (2)

Player
    That Penta Thrust SAM wasn't pulling hate off of you because he was holding back. If he wasn't then he was doing something very, very wrong. If he was holding back it's because you weren't holding up your end of the bargain. He was probably riding Seigan instead of Hasso, slowing down attack rounds and lowering DPS and WS frequency. The accuracy that comes with Hasso may have made a difference too depending on level and camp. If the SAM isn't going as hard as he can that is slowing down the already painful process of leveling.

The math has been done, if you take the time you can look it up. Throwing shuriken on NIN is a loss in DPS, which means less hate, which means it's making it harder for you to tank.

EDIT Oh the fail is strong now. That's a 192 delay not 1.92. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's 3+ seconds delay (plus animation? not 100% sure on that). In that time you are definitely getting in at least one attack round if not 2. According to that link they can be bought from an NPC for 7-10k gil, or made as a medium-high level crafting recipe (above the old soft cap of 60), and involve a HQ result from making Steel Ingots. If these were ever even made they went for a pretty penny. On top of the already (moderately) expensive cost of ninja tools (especially if you were using those as often as you claim) that's a lot of gil down the drain to make you do LESS damage overall.
    (3)
    Last edited by Slaxx; 08-07-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Player
    I just read lack of knowledge of game mechanics and blaming burn parties on gimps that would have existed anyway without burn pts being around.
    (4)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaxx View Post
    That Penta Thrust SAM wasn't pulling hate off of you because he was holding back. If he wasn't then he was doing something very, very wrong. If he was holding back it's because you weren't holding up your end of the bargain. He was probably riding Seigan instead of Hasso, slowing down attack rounds and lowering DPS and WS frequency. The accuracy that comes with Hasso may have made a difference too depending on level and camp. If the SAM isn't going as hard as he can that is slowing down the already painful process of leveling.

The math has been done, if you take the time you can look it up. Throwing shuriken on NIN is a loss in DPS, which means less hate, which means it's making it harder for you to tank.
    Where is this math? You brought it up. I don't have any need to.
    (0)

Player
    Yours was the original claim.The burden is on you.
    (2)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballed View Post
    Where is this math? You brought it up. I don't have any need to.
    I did find this, however: Related Link.

Which speaks quite the contrary to everything you're saying. Then again, I have first-hand experience in its capabilities, so I'm not sure why I'm even discussing it. It's not up for debate.
    (0)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    And this: Related Link.

And this: Related Link.

Seems like they do exactly what they were intended to do, with the biggest down-side being cost. Sorry, try again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eyeballed; 08-07-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Player
    All I read was lack of knowledge on how dual wield and haste works.

Like really 05 threads, seriously? You have to be trolling.
    (3)

Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast