Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1058] RDM Merit 2 Hour

Just wanted to provide feedback on the 2 hour ability.

It seems a little confusing that the idea is to give them a boost to effectiveness and duration on their Enhancing Magic, when it's already at a B+ rating (White Mages (C+ rating) with gear outshining it with the use of AoE on the same buffs).

Instead it would have been so much more useful to have the merit 2 hour ability as:

Focus Fire (2hour):

Shares cooldown with regular Chainspell, however this allows the Red Mage to target any player in their Alliance and grant them a 20 second Chainspell ability. During this time, the Red Mage will also be able to cast Stoneskin, Blink, Aquaveil and Phalanx I on other alliance members.

The idea of giving RDM the ability to become slightly more effective at buffing while other classes in your party/alliance would be aoe buffing anyways, once every 2 hours (for 30+ minute buffs which might be increased slightly by this, and gear) is silly, not even considering that they don't have AoE buffs as standard, as it still leaves them even more out of the rotation for endgame.

In any case, no RDM would use a slightly more powerful enhancing magic 2 hour in lieu of Chainspell, as the functionality of CS is far above that which a few extra defence points can offer in an emergency.

A targetted chainspell would concrete a RDM or 2 into every Alliance again, as right now, while my enfeebles are really useful in low man content, the slot I take up in the alliance could be far more useful held by a Scholar for example. A class needs to be on par with every other, and part of the decision to be included, not completely forgotten and left to gather dust.

Edited for brainfarts
    (0)
    Last edited by 0nionKn1ght; 08-01-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0nionKn1ght View Post
    Just wanted to provide feedback on the 2 hour ability.

It seems a little confusing that the idea is to give them a boost to effectiveness and duration on their Enhancing Magic, when it's already at a D rating (Paladin's and White Mages far outshining it).

What are you talking about? RDM has the highest native Enhancing skill among all jobs, it's B+ rated. WHM's is C+ (though gear can make it equal to RDM), and PLD's is D.
    (2)

Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    What are you talking about? RDM has the highest native Enhancing skill among all jobs, it's B+ rated. WHM's is C+ (though gear can make it equal to RDM), and PLD's is D.

Actually honestly don't know what I was on about there. I checked it earlier while writing this post, and saw D instead of the actual rating lol. Just got my brain confuddled. However the lack of AoE is still correct, barring a sub job. Hardly the main point of the post though.
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The problem is, you, me and every one else really have no idea how potent this new ability is going to be. If it double's potency and duration, we could be looking at a truly awesome combo /sch with accession. Now i'm only speculating here "because we don't know" but I believe phalanx caps at 42? double at 84 that would be a hell of a damage reduction tool. And would give all sort's of call for a enhance out rdm. Again double potency on stoneskin would give up to 1000 damage before even being broke. And "if" the ability break's the cap on the Haste spell, that would be incredibly sweet.

Now if it's something lame like a 10% increase, with no way to increase it. Yeah I would agree waste of time.

Note: Sorry if my number's are off on phalanx and stoneskin, Too lazy too research.
    (1)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 08-02-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah ill take what they are trying to give us currently instead.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Yeah ill take what they are trying to give us currently instead.
    Even though it was incorrect, and the corrected version is such rubbish? Yay! Increased Haste Potency for 9 minutes with Composure, 3~6 minutes for party members.
    (0)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by 0nionKn1ght View Post

Actually honestly don't know what I was on about there. I checked it earlier while writing this post, and saw D instead of the actual rating lol. Just got my brain confuddled. However the lack of AoE is still correct, barring a sub job. Hardly the main point of the post though.

Maybe you saw SCH's native rating sans Arts?

Nevertheless, our B+ rated skill has, thusfar, been almost as laughable as our A+ skill is.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    Nevertheless, our B+ rated skill has, thusfar, been almost as laughable as our A+ skill is.
    One of the problems is that it doesn't affect a whole lot. What does Enhancing skill manipulate; Bar-spells, En-spells, Stoneskin? Phalanx, maybe Aquaveil?

Would it be so wrong if we could improve Refresh and Regen with Enhancing skill, improve Protect and Shell, maybe improve the accuracy of Blink's shadows? Would it be wrong for more generous defense tiers on Bar-spells, more generous damage caps for tier 1 En-spells, to calculate tier 2 En-spells per cast instead of per attack?

Enhancing skill encompasses an extensive list of spells, but doesn't do much for many of them.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    One of the problems is that it doesn't affect a whole lot. What does Enhancing skill manipulate; Bar-spells, En-spells, Stoneskin? Phalanx, maybe Aquaveil?

Would it be so wrong if we could improve Refresh and Regen with Enhancing skill, improve Protect and Shell, maybe improve the accuracy of Blink's shadows? Would it be wrong for more generous defense tiers on Bar-spells, more generous damage caps for tier 1 En-spells, to calculate tier 2 En-spells per cast instead of per attack?

Enhancing skill encompasses an extensive list of spells, but doesn't do much for many of them.
    Enhancing does a lot for RDM, but only for the RDM. This wouldn't be that bad if SE introduced a larger variety of spells to buff ourselves / alter our casting and melee stats, but as it stands it's kinda sh1t. RDM needs more JA / JT / spells (basically the entire job needs rebuilt) to give it a purpose, even if that purpose is to quickly change job roles.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Enhancing does a lot for RDM, but only for the RDM. This wouldn't be that bad if SE introduced a larger variety of spells to buff ourselves / alter our casting and melee stats, but as it stands it's kinda sh1t.
    I meant Enhancing skill itself. It manipulates a few Enhancing spell lines (Phalanx, Stoneskin, Bar- spells, En-spells, Spikes spells, Gain spells), while the remaining, pivotal few are static (Refresh, Regen, Protect, Shell, Blink, Aquaveil, Haste) and probably could stand to be more dynamic.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast