Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Tupsimati Enhancement suggestions

Let us face facts here, Tupsimati is extremely weak. Its damage does not come close to any of the magian staffs +2. Although I do not know how much MAB the aftermath gives. Its magic accuracy is still subpar, or close to, the hq staffs(Its very close). Again I do not know how much MACC the aftermath gives. However, it is extremely difficult for sch to build tp with a staff (like most staff users), so I don't find that relevant. The enmity - 20 trait for the weather is nice, but it is not strong enough to make Tupsimati worth it. Overall, I find Tupsimati to be underwhelming and lacking in uniqueness. Mythics are suppose to enhance something special about each individual job. Tupsimati does not. Enmity- is not unique.

Suggestion for Change (I believe on more the following should be added to the 95 and 99 versions):

1. Add Magic affinity to Tupsimati to make it compete in the dark arts mode with the magian staffs. (Will need to add this to blm at same time to be fair).

2. Add a sch ability enhancement to Tupsimati.
    Suggestions: -Enhances Light and Darks (increase the -mp%, -casting time, etc)
    - Enhance Storm spells (double weather effect)
    - Enhances Helix spells (halves the time between each tick)
    (Would be very powerful)
    -Enhances Manifestation and Accession. None of our current Af3+2
    gear does this. Probably because these two are very powerful abilities
    in and of themselves. My idea is to make these two abilities work for
    all magics that the arts enhance. Would need to nerf the nukegas.
    Although enfeeblegas wouldn't be too powerful for all the work put
    into making a mythic.
    -Occasionally conserves Strategem charges.

3. Gaining tp with a staff is slow and not wise. Mages should not be in AoE range. This is an easy fix but in an indirect way. Raise the tp given by aldoloquim(or however you spell it), and or, give sch a higher occult accumen trait to gain more tp via casting. Sch is the strategic mage, gaining tp through magic sounds like a sch like thing.

I think these changes will make tupsimati a unique and powerful weapon worth the effort it takes to make it. Although the quest to make it needs some adjusting because it is simply rediculous in the current state of the game. But that is a topic for another post.
    (0)

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    You're asking SE to completely recreate an item, which to my knowledge, has never been done. I wouldn't get too worked up about Tupsimati, anyway... to my knowledge, there's only one on all of the servers. It's like asking them to make Nagi useful- it's just not going to happen- maybe try to focus your energy towards something else.
    (0)

Player
    Tupsimati is worthless? This is news to me.
    (0)

I think this is a great idea, and for how incredibly hard it is to obtain the item, not to mention expensive, the things you listed are reasonable. Right now a set of magian+2 destroys the mythic, this should not be and is kinda dumb. Great suggestion could not have said it better my self
    (0)
    -Kashel of Sylph.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    its easy to fix.

first off stop with the MAB on weapon

get rid of the MAB and magic acc ( BLM and SCH need this)

elemental magic/dark magic potency +40
    elemental magic/dark magic accuracy potency +40

+ magic acc is worthless, MAB on weapon is worthless, I try sending them e-mail ever since mythic came out

bascially you need to put in word what elemental staffs do but higher. elemental staff is +15% damage/ some unknowen acc. (the numbers that float around are theroy, hard to prove or state due the nature what a magical "miss" is)

at 75 the elemetal staffs out did blm and SCH mythics, well not on BLM if using lol ES on a nuke.

I been posting such things on the mythic and relic threads how mythic are really underpowered for some, SCH and BLM are great exmaples of that.

I think SE does not understand the effect of MAB and potency, with all the weapons that came out in AHU before mythics, it seems to support that theory. Its more of thow on stats that seems good and hope it works.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-18-2011 at 08:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    99% of relics/mythics need to be re-worked and rebalanced in light of emperyan weapons.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    99% of relics/mythics need to be re-worked and rebalanced in light of emperyan weapons.
    A lot of mythics needed rework without the emperyan weapons, That issue just became bigger because of emperyan ( maybe not staff lol dd weapon for mage). Hopfully SE sees the issue now with everyone speaking out on it
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    im assuming that you have a tupsimati, however, if you do.... that makes you a liar by your signature :P

since you DID spend 5 years getting a weapon to have it out done by weapons that can be done in a week :P
    (0)

Player
    Mythic weapons weren't even released 5 years ago...

Has anyone who thinks this weapon is worthless ever actually crunched the numbers? I'm not saying Tupsimati is by far the best staff in the game, far from it. But worthless? By 99 when we're not getting a surplus of MAB from Atma it should come out on top. As it is now I'd trade a couple hundred damage less for only needing one staff. Hell, I don't think I ever even checked to see how it fairs with the Lv.2 Aftermath in effect, which lasts for 3 minutes and only needs 200-299TP, which is piss for a Scholar to get at least.

Only possible thing I can agree on in this thread is that Duties, Tasks and Deeds needs adjusting. But then again most are saying it's too difficult, so I'll probably disagree regardless. It's not even needlessly time consuming, SE just forces us to do one step a day for a quest that has over 200 steps. Well even if they remove the waiting time on Assault Tags, Mythics are still nigh-impossible thanks to a complete lack of reason for anyone else to do Einherjar.
    (0)

10. 03-19-2011 09:52 AM

Character
    Jomen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yes, I can see through Rambus' points that the OP was pretty on the money. I never really cared (nor do I) enough to get a mythic weapon because I didn't want to spend forever getting one. But the addition of affinity would make a difference.

Also, Fetus, go troll some WoW forums.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast