Page 26 of 112 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    While I'm all for unreasonably overpowered effects, The duration being 1 minute is unimaginably unreasonable. Almost every single 2hour so far is 30sec, baring some few of the crazy requests... You're essentially asking for Half Chainspell, Half Manafont, Full Ignoring of Defense, and Level Correction removed?

I think THF's new 2hour should Ignore Defense, Have 100% Triple Attack proc, and all Hits are Sneak Attack tier Criticals that have no direction restrictions. This Effect Works on Weaponskills as well.

That is the level of insanity of that request. However, 2hour Ignoring Level Correction would be reasonable, and offer a strong boost to BLU Spells. Could shoot the duration to 30 seconds and throw in "Sets Recast timers to 0" and it seems less like asking for an All-In-one-Zerg Kit.

Messing around aside, Good contribution :3
    Yeah, I thought the 100% ignore defense + 1:00 minute might be too much . Prothescar is, among a couple others, more or less the authority on BLU in the BLU community. So, I figured I should post his idea here on the official forums so it would have a better chance to be seen.

I like the changes you suggested. Change duration to 30 seconds, forgo the 100% defense ignore and set recasts to 0. Obviously, I'd have to get permission from Prothescar to change my original post.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mettle View Post
    Actually, it says Soulsoother Head: Benediction (Will apply to the party members and automaton itself)
    I think you need to learn to read the dates shit gets posted, hun. When the post you quoted was posted, it very much did NOT say what you're pointing out. There's a post later on that makes clear that there was initially a typo. Read the whole thread before you reply snidely, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Volarione View Post
    Idc what anyone says about the pup new two hour, having him be able to use benidiction rocks. I guess you just cant please some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    I agree, pup get 5 new 2hrs, I think that pretty good.
    Pup didn't get 5 new 2hours. Pup got shitty copies of 6 already existing 2hours. Pup got absolutely nothing new or original. Instead, we got:

Invincible, which we didn't need

Benediction, which they implemented broken, and didn't bother fixing before they left for the week

Gimped EES (damage modifier is reduced from 5x to 4x, it can't crit, and requires near impossible levels of fSTR to be good)
    Gimped Mighty Strikes (Using harlequin head lowers valoredge's melee weapon damage, thus it's over all DoT, VE doesn't have any WS that area really able to take proper advantage of mighty strikes, harlequin just sucks, and it doesn't affect sharpshot's ranged attacks at all)

Gimped Chainspell (Doesn't affect the 4sec global recast on all spells, so it limits Stormwaker to 12 spells maximum, and also, due to lowering all the category recasts, sets back the clock, removing the AI fix that allowed Stormwaker to cycle spells between categories; during CS it casts Buffs -> enfeebles -> nukes, in that order, and even if you set it up to do 12 nukes, it doesn't have enough mp to back that up, and using mp restoration will cost you a nuke due to JA lag)

Pointless Manafont (Seriously. ADD. Activate -> Deploy -> Deactivate. Infinite MP. In what way is this useful? Even in situations where using ADD isn't easy, it doesn't cause spiritreaver to do anything different, it just gives it a few extra underpowered nukes before it starts spamming aspir.)

How, exactly, do you people continue to think these are good, new, or useful? The only real gain we got is benediction, which is basically just an ohshit button for solo, because there's no way you can swap from another puppet to soulsoother fast enough to use benediction in a situation where a whm would use it as an ohshit button, and solo's the only situation where it's normal to have soulsoother out, baring random lowman dicking around, which rarely ever gets to the point of needing benediction anyway.

The garbage they gave pup is nothing other than appeasing the fanbois who think "pup is an speshul butterfly job." You know, the same pups who used to try to join meripos in full AF/eva gear and subbing dnc, after grinding all their levels in campaign because no one would invite them (because their gear sucked ass). Those very same pups that perpetuated the stigma of "lolpup; pup sucks" for so long after SE fixed our shit and we stopped sucking. Then again, most of the shit SE gave as "new" 2hour abilities are just rehashed abilities they've already given the same job, or another job. I think the only completely original ability was brd's.
    (4)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    I think you need to learn to read the dates shit gets posted, hun. When the post you quoted was posted, it very much did NOT say what you're pointing out. There's a post later on that makes clear that there was initially a typo. Read the whole thread before you reply snidely, please.

Pup didn't get 5 new 2hours. Pup got shitty copies of 6 already existing 2hours. Pup got absolutely nothing new or original. Instead, we got:

Invincible, which we didn't need

Benediction, which they implemented broken, and didn't bother fixing before they left for the week

Gimped EES (damage modifier is reduced from 5x to 4x, it can't crit, and requires near impossible levels of fSTR to be good)
    Gimped Mighty Strikes (Using harlequin head lowers valoredge's melee weapon damage, thus it's over all DoT, VE doesn't have any WS that area really able to take proper advantage of mighty strikes, harlequin just sucks, and it doesn't affect sharpshot's ranged attacks at all)

Gimped Chainspell (Doesn't affect the 4sec global recast on all spells, so it limits Stormwaker to 12 spells maximum, and also, due to lowering all the category recasts, sets back the clock, removing the AI fix that allowed Stormwaker to cycle spells between categories; during CS it casts Buffs -> enfeebles -> nukes, in that order, and even if you set it up to do 12 nukes, it doesn't have enough mp to back that up, and using mp restoration will cost you a nuke due to JA lag)

Pointless Manafont (Seriously. ADD. Activate -> Deploy -> Deactivate. Infinite MP. In what way is this useful? Even in situations where using ADD isn't easy, it doesn't cause spiritreaver to do anything different, it just gives it a few extra underpowered nukes before it starts spamming aspir.)

How, exactly, do you people continue to think these are good, new, or useful? The only real gain we got is benediction, which is basically just an ohshit button for solo, because there's no way you can swap from another puppet to soulsoother fast enough to use benediction in a situation where a whm would use it as an ohshit button, and solo's the only situation where it's normal to have soulsoother out, baring random lowman dicking around, which rarely ever gets to the point of needing benediction anyway.

The garbage they gave pup is nothing other than appeasing the fanbois who think "pup is an speshul butterfly job." You know, the same pups who used to try to join meripos in full AF/eva gear and subbing dnc, after grinding all their levels in campaign because no one would invite them (because their gear sucked ass). Those very same pups that perpetuated the stigma of "lolpup; pup sucks" for so long after SE fixed our shit and we stopped sucking. Then again, most of the shit SE gave as "new" 2hour abilities are just rehashed abilities they've already given the same job, or another job. I think the only completely original ability was brd's.
    Invincible is pretty good, I played pup for years, I'm happy with the 6 new 2hrs. Plus the automaton is a pet you can't expect the 2hr to be exactly like the original jobs from which they came, that would be ridiculous.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Invincible is pretty good, I played pup for years, I'm happy with the 6 new 2hrs. Plus the automaton is a pet you can't expect the 2hr to be exactly like the original jobs from which they came, that would be ridiculous.
    They don't have to be the same, but at the very least they should be relevant for puppets. Why Eagle Eye Shot instead of Meikyo Shisui? Why Chainspell or Manafont when the AI cannot handle it?

I think PUPs would prefer (at least, I would) an ability that acts as an Automaton Revitalizer, restoring HP, MP and TP to max and reseting all automaton abilities. That would allow each automaton to do what it does best, instead of forcing it to use a questionable ability.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Of the two-hours RDM's needs to be upped to at least 3-minutes duration like SCH (I'd personally do 5:00), you can't even finish casting your own buffs in that time let alone on anyone else.

That said this would buff RDM, so I already know the answer.
    (7)

Are these abilities meant to supplement the original 2 hour abilities or are they replacements? I get the feeling that the forums would be on meltdown mode, but since I haven't seen it explicitly stated anywhere, I just wanted to be sure...
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Pretty sure they're just alternatives; they just happen to share the same recast timer (like Jump and Spirit Jump).
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    Yeah, I thought the 100% ignore defense + 1:00 minute might be too much . Prothescar is, among a couple others, more or less the authority on BLU in the BLU community. So, I figured I should post his idea here on the official forums so it would have a better chance to be seen.

I like the changes you suggested. Change duration to 30 seconds, forgo the 100% defense ignore and set recasts to 0. Obviously, I'd have to get permission from Prothescar to change my original post.
    Proth is a Cool dude I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
    (0)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Proth is a Cool dude I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
    OK, edited. I really hope our reps translate them.
    (0)

Greetings!

The Development Team has returned from their summer break and has started preparing their responses in regards to all the feedback we have been receiving on the new 2-hour abilities.

To start off, I like to first share some changes that are being planned.
    • Paladin
      We will be adding the same enmity increase effect as Invincible.
      The reflected damage can be increased via magic attack bonus and shield skill, but as we have seen cases where enemies were resisting it we have decided to increase the rate of accuracy and make adjustments so that it is more difficult to be resisted. We will also be correcting the bug where other effects such as reflected damage from spells would take precedence.

• Beastmaster
      We will be keeping the HP recovery and status ailment recovery as is, but we will be changing the reraise effect to a stoneskin effect. The strength of the stoneskin effect will vary depending on the pet. The idea is that Familiar will increase the pet’s offensive capabilities, while the new 2-hour ability will enhance the master’s defensive capability.

• Samurai
      In exchange for making the effect duration low, we will be making it so that elemental abilities are also evaded.

• Puppetmaster
      The same enmity properties for the player version of Invincible and Benediction will be added.
      (In cases where the head’s respective 2-hour ability will not work due to the combination of head and frame, such as a sharpshot head with a frame other than a sharpshot frame or a stormwaker head with a valoredge frame, we will be making it so Mighty Strikes is used.)

Finally, I have one request when submitting feedback. We have been seeing comments stating that “we don’t want this” and “totally remake it.” Your feedback is something we wish to utilize in our efforts to make the game better, so instead please try to be as specific as you can with how you’d like it aspects to change.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 26 of 112 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast