Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
    Can't imagine EA or Scherzo doing much of anything since most of his AoE's do about 700~800 damage at level 99, Which isn't going to be high enough to activate either of those, unless your HP Is only 1k~1.2k or so.

But yah, Nerfing Perfect Defense is going to make Arch Dynamis Lord pretty much impossible, and nerfing Neo-Nyzul Isle is going to make that even more difficult(not impossible) for non-bot/flee Players, since that plays a huge role in it.

Long story short - SE is taking the nerf bat to the only two relevant events Absolute Virtue style, May as well hurry and get it down now since they never do a "Light Nerf".

perfect Defense is probably going to be changed to give maybe a 50% DT if we're lucky, probably half Duration too.
    Embrava? Probably nerf the Effects of Haste down to 20% At best, Regain 3TP, and Regen half of what it is now.

There is no such thing as a moderation when it comes to SE nerfs. RNG anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

----------------------------------------------------------

Negativity out of the way, I really enjoy the changes the new 2hours will be seeing, Which makes me quit happy. That for sure is a step in the right direction. Even though that horrible sentence in the last spoiler makes me weep for the future of any level 99 Relic Weapon or Nyzul Gear, since it will be 99% impossible for players past the nerf to obtain, I like the updates, and thank you for Translating them for us.
    (7)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    You really don't have to do this. There are several events that rely very very heavily on Perfect Defense and Embrava that would also require a near complete rebuild if you mess with these abilities. Some NMs and events, I believe, were created with these specific abilities in mind. Arch Dynamis Lord for example would be a nightmare without perfect defense, Neo-Nyzul would be even more unreasonable without embrava, and some legion halls would be completely impossible without both.

If you absolutely must change these abilities then remove the necessity for them from the the game first. I think, though, that you could make people much more happy by bringing other 2hours up to their level.
    If it drops to recast 30 minutes they do need to revamp these as they were and still are OP, they have that or to completely OP every other jobs 2-hour and that will do far more damage than good.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapaBlueJay View Post
    Don't start off as the new producer nerfing things, we are happy with 2-hour waits for their current effects.
    No we're not. SCH and SMN may be, but no other job is. No offence, but please ignore these kind of posts devs.
    (4)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 09-06-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Okipuit giving good news? Someone's no longer the new guy I guess
    (3)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    If it drops to recast 30 minutes they do need to revamp these as they were and still are OP, they have that or to completely OP every other jobs 2-hour and that will do far more damage than good.

There is no 2hr that would be OP on a 30min timer. They only event that would even be affected is Dynamis, since you could 2hr 3-4 times in an entire run.

It's already common practice to reset 2hrs anyway after an NNI or legion run, this would only save time and hassle.
    (13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    There is no 2hr that would be OP on a 30min timer. They only event that would even be affected is Dynamis, since you could 2hr 3-4 times in an entire run.

It's already common practice to reset 2hrs anyway after an NNI or legion run, this would only save time and hassle.
    Disagree completely. Both Embrava and Perfect Defence is SEVERELY OP on 30 minutes, especially compared to EVERY other 2-hour in the game. Just because a way exists to abuse 2-hour reset doesn't change that.
    (0)

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    There are several events that rely very very heavily on Perfect Defense and Embrava that would also require a near complete rebuild if you mess with these abilities.
    Isn't that the point of this change? Mix things up so you don't see shouts looking for SMN's and SCH's anymore.
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapaBlueJay View Post
    Don't start off as the new producer nerfing things, we are happy with 2-hour waits for their current effects.
    Hell no. Two-hour abilities are one of the worst design choice this game did so far. I wouldn't even mind if they purged them all entirely.

I do hope, though, that they take Byrth's advice and adjust content to reflect those changes. They should be careful with how they approach this. Don't let the people in charge wait six months to realize how they screwed everything up if they don't adjust the events accordingly.
    (11)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    However, we believe that we will have no choice but add the lowering of effects of Perfect Defense and Embrava to our scope of adjustments.
    Either don't nerf these too badly (maybe lower potency a tad), or as was said, adjust the content that demands them. No one's in debate as to how broken both of these are, but reducing them to the point of useless would be detrimental to a lot of events.
    (13)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    [...]
    As for Embrava and Perfect Defense, nerfing these is acceptable as long as you adjust the content that heavily relies on them.
    Nyzul Isle Uncharted, ADL and Legion were designed so that they would require Embrava and/or Perfect Defence (plus Wild Card/Revitalizers) to succeed. Depending on your approach, this might not bode well for popularity of those events.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zirael; 09-06-2012 at 05:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Character
    Crocker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Remake the new BST 2hr from ground up and while your at it rework Run Wild to not despawn your pet.
    The only time I use Run wild is when I get the 5 min warning at the end of dynamis.

Suggestion for new 2 hour: Morphs Current jug pet to a Mini King HNM or another style NM like Chloris, which it chooses will be random. Duration 30 mins when used with current 2hr extends time by another 15-30 mins.

Or if your lazy for something like that do the opposite of what it does now Take HP from us up to 50% of current HP and give the pets like 3 times that and give the pet haste erase stoneskin and whatever else was there.
    (2)

Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast