Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112
Results 1,111 to 1,118 of 1118
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Also to clarify the above slow, sleep, and poison (well bio/dia but meh) are set durations. The rest are really weird probably some kind of many resist states causing weird randomish durations.
    Yeah, I never remember Poison exists since it is so bad, but really the most important enfeebles are Paralyze, Slow, Addle, & Silence, 3 of the 4 are random durations, thats all I was trying to get at.

Give it a 30 second duration and make it so the enfeebles land fully with no partial resists then it might be semi worthwhile (though really rdm enfeebles outside of silence don't make that much difference in the fight anyways)
    I would say Paralyze and Slow are fairly helpful too, Addle can be too, but its not most of the time.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Was just clarifying.

Helpful yes. Worth a party slot or waiting an hour for recharge no. Especially if you can only land it once in the fight. It's nice but wont change the outcome of the fight kind of thing. Which is why it has mostly fell into disuse except when you have someone with it that has nothing else better to do. It's like putting some evasion gear on your pld after you finish the rest of the defense stuff... will it help you evade another hit. Sure but meh. They really need to update the enfeebles in general. There was no reason naked elegy should've ever been stronger than full merited slow II or that saboteur only half works against nms which is where you actually could use it.
    (0)

Player
    Was just clarifying.
    :x

saboteur only half works against nms which is where you actually could use it.
    I see people say this all the time on here but I'm curious, what do you mean by that?
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    So, when are we replacing Stymie? Good riddance to bad rubbish, I'd say.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Player
    Stymie would be good if RDM had better debuffs to use it with. Random spells don't make wipes, random autoattacks don't make wipes, attack speed of the mob does not make wipes. What wipes alliances and parties are powerful TP moves that are used in close succession for example Ark Angel EV's Arrogance Incarnate being used very often at low HP. Nothing in RDM's arsennal can mitigate powerful TP moves, neither by weakening them or slowing their useage rate. To make Stymie, and by extension RDM useful, RDM needs something unique, a way to slow a mob's TP gain drastically, lower their special ability damage or rate of special abilities. Stun was great for this but now new NMs are immune to stun.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    :x

I see people say this all the time on here but I'm curious, what do you mean by that?
    Ok saboteur without getting into af3 doubles the effect and duration of a debuff. But against mobs that check ITG it will only increase it by 50%. Which is kinda silly since why would you even waste saboteur on a normal mob that dies so fast.

Also should note that saboteur as well as the enhance enfeebling effect gear do not work on bio/dia (at least not in the def/att down portion and who cares about the dot) which would be the most useful spells to use them with
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    So, when are we replacing Stymie? Good riddance to bad rubbish, I'd say.
    At the very least make it a 2 minute duration that works on all magic. Another step would be to make it work on immune mobs. Even that would be kinda mehish given the state debuffing has been in for awhile.

I wouldn't mind the original idea they had of a 1 minute one that increased the duration and potency of buffs cast in that time. Except of course the duration part never even made it to test server and just potency would be meh.

Could also do something like sch or smn with special spells/abilites during this time. Like maybe gain access to all the monster debuff spells that we don't get. That would be sp2 worthy without being too broken. And personally I would think would be interesting. Would be enough for us to reexamine how we do some fights.

Hell I'd rather have nothing so I don't accidentally use it up and waste the 1 second it takes to use and block a useful sp2 for an hour lol
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 01-23-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Player
    Ok saboteur without getting into af3 doubles the effect and duration of a debuff. But against mobs that check ITG it will only increase it by 50%. Which is kinda silly since why would you even waste saboteur on a normal mob that dies so fast.

Also should note that saboteur as well as the enhance enfeebling effect gear do not work on bio/dia (at least not in the def/att down portion and who cares about the dot) which would be the most useful spells to use them with
    Knew most of that, just didn't know the whole 50% thing, that's stupid, but, nothing new, SE screws RDM even when they give them something.
    (0)

Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112