Page 78 of 112 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    So... Is there are reason you guys decided to nerf drg like this?
    (12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Translated by: Slycer

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
    Regarding New SP Abilities

Please base your testing and feedback on the current effects of jobs which have abilities currently introduced on the test server.

Regarding the automaton's Eagle Eye Shot, we are not considering adjustments to the new individual automaton SP abilities. However, we are considering an overall review on the power of Eagle Eye Shot in the future, in which case any adjustments will also be reflected in the automaton's version of this ability.

For COR, RDM, NIN, and MNK - we are currently making final adjustments to the new SP abilities and plan to introduce them to the test server this week. We will have more information for you on the abilities' effects very soon, so please stay tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin.Amplifier
    I tried using the new WHM SP ability to prevent the petrify gaze of Grim Glower from Abyssea - Misareaux's peistes and I got petrified. I think the effect of gaze-based and probably all AoE debuff auras isn't prevented while this new SP is in effect.
    {{Couple other quotes with similar ideas}}

The effect imparts a strong debuff resistance equivalent to the PLD job ability Fealty. As far as preventable effects, they are also similar to the ability Fealty, but based on the discussion recently, I believe that most people would also like us to pursue the route where we add resistances to amnesia, terror, death, and doom.

However, it does not prevent status abnormalities that are given by a field effect such as a sphere effect. As in the feedback above, this includes Grim Glower (a gaze effect which debuffs in the target area).
    Translated by: Slycer
    (1)
    Last edited by Kalilla; 11-16-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Greetings!

With this week’s Test Server update we will be implementing the new special abilities for monk, red mage, ninja, and corsair, so I would like to share with you each of the new effects!
    • Monk
      While the effect is active, your max HP will be doubled and upon activating the ability HP will be recovered for the amount that is added.
      • The effect will stack with items and other max HP enhancing effects.

Since large problems were discovered through testing for the previous counter effect, we changed the effect while still keeping to the idea of a defensive ability, and made it so there is an HP increase effect to increase your endurance and deal with large damage.

• Red mage
      The next enfeebling magic spell cast will receive a boost in accuracy. (Effect duration: 60 seconds)
      • As long as the target does not have immunity, it is guaranteed to land. (There is a possibility for a half-resist)
      • The ability will have no effect on monsters that have immunity.
      • Effect will wear off after 60 seconds or once an enfeeble spell lands.

This makes a 100% accurate enfeebling spell. While it is not something that can be used frequently, by selecting the situations to use it, you will be able to greatly impair and neutralize monsters.

• Ninja
      While the effect is active, depending on the number of shadows, the number of regular attack rounds performed will increase. (Effect duration: 30 seconds)
      • The effect will stack with job traits, equipment, and other effects. However, the maximum number of attacks per round is 8.
      • Effect is not applied towards weapon skills.

Number of shadowsIncreased number of attacks
      1+1
      2+1-2
      3+1-3
      4+1-4
      5+1-5

We’ve adjusted this ability to be more focused on attacking. The more shadows you have the stronger the effect will become, so by skillfully not taking the attention of your target or positioning yourself in a good attack position it will be possible to take advantage of this effect.

• Corsair
      Special ability cool down timers for all party members in range will be reduced. (Effect duration: instant)
      • Amount of time reduced depends on the number rolled. Maximum reduction is 50%.
      • Effect will not apply to this special ability, including other characters.

Number rolledReduction
      1-5%
      2-10%
      3-20%
      4-30%
      5-40%
      6-50%

We changed this effect to focus on special abilities. With this effect it will be possible to use special abilities more frequently. Wild Card will completely reset cool down timers at a specific rate, but the new special ability has a guaranteed effect with varying degrees.
      *Currently the above effect will apply to Wild Card as well, but we will be looking into whether this should be changed.

We are planning to add new special abilities for thief, paladin, and beastmaster during next week’s Test Server update.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Appraisal:
    * Monk's 2-hour is going to lead to it being the exclusive job for some zergs. I do not see this as a good thing. I don't know what other ideas you had for this 2-hour, but I recommend you find one of them. I mean, it definitely fits the job, but I worry about balance when you make it so Monk is suddenly the only job that can double its own HP and full-heal itself.

* Red Mage's is horrendous unless the description is somehow a terrible mistake in both the JP and EN versions. One spell with enhanced accuracy, but not ones the monster is immune to? That's just a restricted version of Elemental Seal on a much longer timer. Even Troubadour (10 minute recast, 1:20 duration with AF2+2) allows you to cast multiple songs. I do not foresee this ability having useful applications.

* Ninja's is cool. I would lengthen the duration to 60 seconds given that casting Utsusemi takes away ~4 seconds of melee time.

* Corsair's is okay I guess, but feels like a weak rehash of Wild Card. I would have stuck with three rolls.
    (13)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Monk: It's an alright ability, trading off doing damage from counters for being able to take enemy WS. Double HP for only one minute seems kinda dinky though.

Red Mage: Wow, seriously? An ability that's actually weaker than elemental seal as a hour recast ability? Tell the devs to make it work for immunities and make the enfeebling 2-3x potency and duration or don't even bother. The previous SP was better.

Ninja: While an offensive SP is welcome, I would really like it if this ability either not tied to shadows, or came bundled with some kind of ability to reduce the effect of AoEs on shadows. Take a look at Mighty Stikes and Hundred Fists- not only do those not have a crippling prerequisite for thier use, but they last 15 seconds longer. As Ninja has a pretty useless SP1 ability I would ask that this ability be strengthened considerably if the dev team does not plan on making Mijin Gakure better in any way.

Corsair: While it's nice to target a specific ability, the random-ness of the ability kinda kills its strategic use. With that handicap it's just...okay.
    (3)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    lol the new COR one sucks;
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Mnk: Incoming 20k HP Galka mnk screenshots. Value: debatable, but I could see some use to it.

Rdm: So... Elemental Seal on a 60 minute timer? That only affects Enfeebling Magic? And is still blocked by immunities? I'm not seeing the point..

Nin: Interesting. Is that per-weapon, or per-round? If per round, would it only affect mainhand, or only offhand? Still pointless on mobs that like to spam AOEs (which is basically all endgame stuff right now), though. Also, duration is too short given that you may have to recast shadows to keep its potency up.

Cor: Does this reduce the current remaining cooldown for a given JA, or does it reduce it by the percentage of the base cooldown? EG: If Berserk has 1 minute left before reuse, does a 50% reduction drop it to 30 seconds, or would it remove 2:30 from the remainder, putting it at 0 (ready)? Overall, though, it just seems like a variant on the SP1. If you didn't want to have the third roll (which could be a bit clumsy to manage), why not make it a 3 minute ability (like brd and smn) that boosts roll potency by 50%-100%?
    (6)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Camate I'm at a complete loss of words on the RDM change. I understand that none of us have seen it or tested it or even know it's true potential. But the enhancing bit seem like a really decent idea, why did they ditch it for this? Did they decide it was too self serving? Or they just couldn't balance it out correctly?

I'm all for having a enfeeble actual land and do it's job, but sheesh. I'm just kind of blown away that they change things over to this.
    (5)

Character
    Thore
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Rdm might as well not even have a second 2hr if that's what they're going with...
    (15)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    NIN looks awsome, RDM and COR are useless. Not surprised, DEV team keeps on givinghints that they do not care about RDM at all. MNK is interresting.
    (2)

Page 78 of 112 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast