Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm so glad PD and Embrava are getting nerfed cause the idea of full time embrava and pd for all endgame was zzzzz

As for where this will leave SCH and SMN

SCH with it's Regen V + nearly infinite mp makes it a better healer than WHM in alot of places and also makes it take the spot as second healer. (not to mention SCH/BLM is an amazing stunner)

SMN has been broken for too long

All it really has now is Shock squall and fights like Proto-Ultima

It needs a DMG boost and when it's DMG isn't useful it should get better surrport options.
    (5)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 09-07-2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Somewhat of an inconvenience? Talk about a huge understatement. I am all for you all creating content that doesn't revolve around us needing to be invincible in order to win consistently. The problem I have is that you still don't seem to understand that certain jobs have practically ZERO use in endgame content
    Hyperbole much ....

SMN has Shock Squall and as others have said, it's pretty amazing provided the SMN has their skill capped. SMN could stand to have those stupid timers lowered to 30s or less though. Also needs it's buffs duration set to 3~5min so that they could use them more frequently.

SCH is wow ... if you seriously so ignorant as to think SCH has "no use in end game" then there's nothing anyone can say to convince you otherwise.

Otherwise there are indeed jobs that are left out due to their near uselessness, none of those jobs were mentioned in this recent info and if anything having their "2hrs" on a 30min timer might make them a bit more useful.

What's really happening is people are scared sh1tless that SE is about to nerf the two mechanics they've been abusing to beat SE's stupid "Evil GM" content. Content that was designed to never be regularly beaten and to suck playtime out of you. I was worried about this until the recent message stating they were already aware that some content currently requires those special ability's to beat. They will be looking into revising that content to be frequently be beatable without having to resort to abusing PD / Embrava mechanics.
    (7)
    Last edited by saevel; 09-07-2012 at 06:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Maybe it will help push the game back in the right direction of tanks actually being viable over just zerging everything.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrua View Post
    Maybe it will help push the game back in the right direction of tanks actually being viable over just zerging everything.
    Not until they fix enmity. Right now your melee are your tanks and absolutely no other way for it to work. Doing a 3K WS nets you approx 3000 CE and 9000 VE, the enmity caps are 10000 CE and 10000 VE, "Provoke is 1800 VE and 1CE, Flash is something like 1280 VE and some small amount of CE. So you can see that damage by FAR outweighs all other sources of hate gain, and once multiple people are at 20,000 TE the monster will target the last person to hit it, aka the person with the lowest delay / most haste. This means that in order for "tanks" to get anywhere near the top of the hate list they need to be rocking full DD gear spamming high damage WS's while being super buffed by a COR and double BRD rotation. At that point they've sacrificed so much that their no longer "tanks" and are just "gimp DDs". Try to imagine a PLD/WAR with a Rag in Phorcy's using resolution over and over again to keep "hate". At that point in time wouldn't it just be better to use a WAR or DRK instead? PLD's primary advantage is that it takes less damage then other melee's, but if it has to throw that away to obtain mediocre damage output, why even use them at all.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Matsui..... my current feelings regarding your leadership are below.

please take my first born son as payment as well.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    Next, I’d like to provide a follow-up in regards to the separation of the recast timers.
    With the separation of the recast timers it will be possible to utilize the two special job abilities together; however, since the effects were originally added with the idea that they could not be used at the same time, there are some effects currently that create bad balance. We will be adjusting this when we revamp the current effects.

If it would create bad balance (that word is a hideous mockery now, a foul, warped abomination of human language; can we use something else, like "equilibrium" or "parity" instead) to use two special abilities at the same time; instead of nerfing abilities and making them less useful, just set it up so we can't use two at the same time. This could be done in one of two ways. If you have a SP icon, trying to use the other job ability would have no effect but not use the timer. (Like in the olden days when you had to have an avatar out in order to use Astral Flow, trying to trigger the JA without one would just not work.) The other option would be that when you use a SP ability, the other SP ability goes on a slight delay if it is ready or close to ready; note the use of the word "slight," perhaps varying on the duration of the special ability. (For example, if a Bard uses Soul Voice which has a 3-minute duration, he/she wouldn't be able to use the other SP ability for 5 minutes; for Benediction or Eagle Eye Shot a two minute delay for the other SP ability since they do not have durations. Or maybe a set 5 minute delay for all SP abilities.) This way you don't have to worry about players finding combinations of special abilities that will cause the world to burn down (because we will, believe me we would find a way) and every job gets a new ability that has a practical value. (Except for Warriors, Thieves, Blue Mages, and Scholars- their new abilities are kind of lul-worthy, but you can't win them all.)
    (2)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Of course it's doable. But what exactly is scherzo + EA doing for you? What ability does ADL use that does 800+ damage in a single hit? Even though he synchs his WSs perfectly when he splits, they're both checked seperately for whether or not scherzo will have an effect. Having dozens of ADL attempts under my belt, I have yet to see him do any attack besides Thundaga IV on a single target or Dynamic Assault which would actually cause scherzo to proc. If Thundaga IV is on a single target, you're in trouble anyways. Dynamic Assault he only uses at higher HPs, is a single-target attack, and is still survivable by most melees.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm getting at. I'm not saying "it's impossible to win without PD." I'm saying "why are you using scherzo?" Scherzo is almost completely worthless vs. ADL. You may as well be using aubade to increase sleep resist.

Fair enough.

We did have them up during our non-PD wins whether they did anything or not. Maybe it atleast saved our poor Taru WHM with 1k HP....lol
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think everything Mr. Matsui has said has made perfect sense so far. Past experiences with SE have made me a pessimistic beast, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He appears to have actually listened to most of the (rational) feedback on these forums in regards to this topic. I hope he does the same with other topics.

NNI and Legion clearly need more adjustment if they plan on having people do them without the use of PD / Embrava with any sort of regularity. As far as ADL, won't Sam's new SP ability negate almost all his attacks? or am I reading that wrong?
    (6)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    Fair enough.

We did have them up during our non-PD wins whether they did anything or not. Maybe it atleast saved our poor Taru WHM with 1k HP....lol
    Yeah, Scherzo is for the mages.

One nice fix for ADL would be to lower the range of his AoEs which seems to be some outlandish number like 40+ yalms. My LS messed around with some non-PD strats for ADL and the biggest problem was that there was just no way to be taking part in the fight without taking huge damage and getting hit with enfeebs. If you could have a tank pull one ADL out of range so you only had to worry about 1 TP move at a time that would be tremendous. Increasing the delay on Teraslash and Dynamic Implosion to something much more stunnable would go a long ways as well. I think with those changes you could fight him and his clones indefinitely until you found the right one.
    (2)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm happy with the direction this is going. PD and Embrava + Ragnarok is getting old. Apparently we just kill boss mobs for the most part now and well......I've played Chrono Trigger. I know what Boss Fights feel like when they are fun. This game, not so much some days.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast