Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1118
    Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I have even less of an idea what you mean by this. Flip a coin for what?
    AV using 3 SP at once?
    (0)

Player
    Not a bad point really, if a mob uses more than 1 SP, what happens? Say for instance something uses Manafont, Chainspell, and Mighty Strikes all at once, what is taken? Are they all taken somehow, or is it only the last one used, or is it still random, just it will definitely be a SP ability?
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    AV using 3 SP at once?
    If that's what he meant, why make such a big deal out of it? I'm pretty sure that's already how it works. He seemed to get upset about something and I can't figure out about what, or with whom, or why.

Also, is there any mob other than AV that does it? And I only know about AV using 2 at once, although I haven't fought it since Lv.80, so I could be wrong.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Stealing mighty strikes, hundred fists, etc. is only a huge deal if your group is unprepared for the event. WHat event are people doing right now where they don't have things like PD and CS to block those sort of moves? Is anyone really thinking that your group is going to replace a support job with a thief?
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Does it really matter if you can use the ability or not? I mean I can understand the Astral flow thing very well. THF shouldn't be able to start raining avatar death down on a mob. But at least the ability would stop the mob from doing the same. Even if the effect is wasted on the thf who's unable to take advantage of it.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Is anyone really thinking that your group is going to replace a support job with a thief?
    No, but they may use the TH whore that's already on the spot and replace the SMN with something otherwise useful.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    [..] But at least the ability would stop the mob from doing the same. Even if the effect is wasted on the thf who's unable to take advantage of it.
    But how is that supposed to work? The ability is instant. Aside from using the SP ability preemptively I don't see how it can be solved any other way.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    But how is that supposed to work? The ability is instant. Aside from using the SP ability preemptively I don't see how it can be solved any other way.
    eg: you use SP2 on a nin NM before it mijin gakure and put an enfeeble which prevents the use of mijin gakure for a short period of time.

this additional mechanic can also made to work with stealable SPs too. the thf could use it and prevent a stealable SP before it goes off instead of stealing it. for zergs fights, it could even be better than stealing it after the SP actually goes off.
    (1)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    As others have suggested, it would be better if THF SP "stole" the mobs SP before it actually uses it and let you select it from job ability menu. This would probably be difficult to code however. On a semi-related note, I think I read somewhere that people were wondering if Perfect Dodge could be stolen since I think normal steal always fails during or something. Anyway I can confirm you can, in fact, steal it with the new SP. So yay for that I guess.

Is there any word from the Dev's if PLD SP is working as intended on the test server? Cause if so, it's going in the useless pile with RDM and maybe BLU depending on what unbridled learning spells are added in the future.
    (1)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well PW from what i recall uses astral flow then the avatars hunt everyone down to spam bloodpacts so in that case stealing Astral flow would be extremely beneficial. I could just be remembering an inaccurate description though.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    No, but they may use the TH whore that's already on the spot and replace the SMN with something otherwise useful.
    What event are you currently doing where the summoner is only there to block a single SP move every 30 - 60 minutes? And remember that this won't even block a lot of SP moves.
    (0)

Page 104 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast