Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1118
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    What event are you currently doing where the summoner is only there to block a single SP move every 30 - 60 minutes? And remember that this won't even block a lot of SP moves.
    I'm not doing anything that involves SMN, which is precisely my problem. On the other hand, everything I do already has a THF there.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I'm not doing anything that involves SMN, which is precisely my problem. On the other hand, everything I do already has a THF there.
    Just to be clear, what content is this good for and why? Because so far all I've seen is that this move would be useful on one monster in legion, and I'm not even sure that that is true.

I mean obviously anything that hurts an NM and helps you is useful, but this is an SP ability. It is in no way game changing or job defining. It won't make anyone change their strategy for any event even a little and I suspect that will not change when they add more jobs / content. I really think that everyone is going to regret it if they don't speak up.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Just to be clear, what content is this good for and why? Because so far all I've seen is that this move would be useful on one monster in legion, and I'm not even sure that that is true.
    Actually, almost every monster in Legion. I only mentioned Gallu because you'd probably save it for the worst. It would also be useful on sky gods, sea jailers, some MB mobs, AV, pretty much everything anyone can do, except for Odin and NNI.

It is in no way game changing or job defining.
    Nor should it be. Anything game-changing or strategy-redefining would be overpowered and would have to be nerfed again, similarly to Embrava or Perfect Defense. SP abilities were and still are a horrible idea, it's terrible game design. They should always be situational and never be able to be relied on.

I really think that everyone is going to regret it if they don't speak up.
    I'm not speaking up because I don't know how they could do better (aside from improving upon it, something like steal more buffs or whatever, but same idea). I wouldn't trade this for anything I can think of at the moment. What would you suggest? 30 seconds of Resolution-like WS damage and triple damage on melee swings? That's horrible. It would help you kill one mob faster solo, two tops. It would speed up lowmanning big NMs by a noticeable but largely irrelevant margin (and only one NM too). And you'd still be a horribly gimp DD in alliance situations. Where is the upside in that? I don't see it. Giving THF a new SP ability is not going to make them a relevant DD, nor should it be doing that. That's what regular abilities and traits are for. Something that's only usable once every hour is never gonna redefine a job unless it's broken (see SMN and SCH).
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Actually, almost every monster in Legion. I only mentioned Gallu because you'd probably save it for the worst. It would also be useful on sky gods, sea jailers, some MB mobs, AV, pretty much everything anyone can do, except for Odin and NNI.
    I meant really useful. People were mashing all that stuff (with the exception of AV) out en mass long before the level increase or any mention of new abilities.

Nor should it be. Anything game-changing or strategy-redefining would be overpowered and would have to be nerfed again, similarly to Embrava or Perfect Defense. SP abilities were and still are a horrible idea, it's terrible game design. They should always be situational and never be able to be relied on.
    Actually that was the whole point of putting abilities on such a long timer. It was because the abilities were supposed to be able to define strategy. They made a few abilities too powerful and a few events too hard to go with them.

I'm not speaking up because I don't know how they could do better (aside from improving upon it, something like steal more buffs or whatever, but same idea). I wouldn't trade this for anything I can think of at the moment. What would you suggest? 30 seconds of Resolution-like WS damage and triple damage on melee swings? That's horrible. It would help you kill one mob faster solo, two tops. It would speed up lowmanning big NMs by a noticeable but largely irrelevant margin (and only one NM too). And you'd still be a horribly gimp DD in alliance situations. Where is the upside in that? I don't see it. Giving THF a new SP ability is not going to make them a relevant DD, nor should it be doing that. That's what regular abilities and traits are for. Something that's only usable once every hour is never gonna redefine a job unless it's broken (see SMN and SCH).
    I'm not saying that they need to completely replace it. But I do think it needs to do more. One way would be to have it just steal the abilities before they are used. Ie. if you are fighting a war/blm NM and you use your SP ability, you are granted 45 seconds of mighty strikes and / or manafont, while the NM is blocked from using those for the duration that you have it. Or, they could add some amount of TH boost to it, or they could make it steal all buffs, or they could add an additional effect of amnesia, or they could make it set all our other ability timers to 0 for 30 seconds, or they could add a huge triple attack bonus that degrades over a few minutes or... you get the point.
    (1)

Greetings!

I have some information to share about puppetmaster (and I suppose ranger too indirectly) and ninja.
    • Puppetmaster
      We will be proceeding with puppetmaster’s new special ability as it currently is on the Test Server.

Aside from this, based on suggestions that we received for this new special ability, we are considering some things for future adjustments and would like to share them with you.
      • Eagle Eye Shot
        There have been a lot of requests to improve the damage capabilities of Eagle Eye Shot, but we will not be making adjustments specifically for automatons. Since this ability’s owner is the ranger, we are planning to revamp Eagle Eye Shot and we will make the changes to the automaton version based on this.

• Strengthening Automatons
        In regards to suggestions for abilities to strengthen automatons, we believe that instead of having this done via the new special ability it should be realized through Overdrive. In the future, we will be performing adjustments on Overdrive and would like to use your ideas as reference.
      We will continue to make adjustments to puppetmaster as a whole including attachment adjustments.

• Ninja
      Based on feedback, to make better use of ninja’s new special ability we will be increasing the effect duration from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.

Though there may be differences depending on equipment and other support effects, the effect of this ability should increase the amount of attack rounds so that you can fire off 3-4 weapon skills in those 45 seconds.
    (15)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Still waiting to hear Red Mage's latest SP abortion has been eliminated and Encomium returned with double duration and potency.

Anything less is unacceptable.
    (14)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Double Duration/Potency... and SE has decided to change Accession so it stacks with all forms of white magic.
    (10)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Is there anything SE could do to make the current RDM SP2 functional? Perhaps we should give improvement suggestions for it as well, just in case the devs are married to the whole enfeebling theme.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 12-01-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Player
    Besides adding new spells that are worth using, or reworking how current spells work, no, nothing would really make the current ability any good at all.
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Double Duration/Potency... and SE has decided to change Accession so it stacks with all forms of white magic.
    This x 10000. Also, it's totally awesome that so far the only responses to the PUP and NIN SP dev post are about the RDM SP.
    (1)

Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast