Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    just got off test server tinkering w/ new special ability and /drk
    I've a very good hp+ build on my galka mnk.

player hp caps at 9999
    outside abyssea I was able to get 7104 (using hp gear, mantra and full melee+2)
    slight improvements to gear would make it ~7400
    IN Abyssea w/ ebon hoof, razed ruins and sanguine scythe, I had hp of 9743

w/ soul eater, and the new special ability up, every punch does ~1000 in abyssea
    crit hits vs detector-types w/ arcane circle did 2.5k

outside abyssea the best you could hope for is around + 370 damage per hit
    not sure if 100 fists will stack... didn't test it, but embrava, marches etc should probably get you to cap w/out gear... I think.
    someone else can check that.
    This special ability works to save you from a BIG nuke or can be used in zerg situations w/ /drk.

Its very fun.
    The most challenging part is getting the Ja's to go well. 30 seconds is not alot of time. one might want to pop this on ADL AFTER PD wears off to survive the first terraslash or somesuch..
    at 1k damage per hit you loose 3k HP per attack round on average.

If your numbers are right (350/hit outside abyssea), you lose on average 1k HP every attack round, ie -1k HP every 2 second. No one healer can keep up with that.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    just got off test server tinkering w/ new special ability and /drk
    I've a very good hp+ build on my galka mnk.

player hp caps at 9999
    outside abyssea I was able to get 7104 (using hp gear, mantra and full melee+2)
    slight improvements to gear would make it ~7400
    IN Abyssea w/ ebon hoof, razed ruins and sanguine scythe, I had hp of 9743

w/ soul eater, and the new special ability up, every punch does ~1000 in abyssea
    crit hits vs detector-types w/ arcane circle did 2.5k

outside abyssea the best you could hope for is around + 370 damage per hit
    not sure if 100 fists will stack... didn't test it, but embrava, marches etc should probably get you to cap w/out gear... I think.
    someone else can check that.
    This special ability works to save you from a BIG nuke or can be used in zerg situations w/ /drk.

Its very fun.
    who care about souleater zerg when 90% of HNM are resistant or build resitance to it
    + what Monchat said
    (3)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageoholic View Post
    BTW welcome back to the forums
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    who care about souleater zerg when 90% of HNM are resistant or build resitance to it
    + what Monchat said
    He made a post about the new MNK ability in the thread discussing new abilities. Truly, he is a terrible man.
    (2)

Greetings!

First let me start off by saying that the Community Team understands everyone's concerns with red mage's new special ability and we are doing our best to collect all your feedback and share it with the development team. It might take a bit before we get a solid response, but we will continue to collect and submit everything we see.

While on the topic of red mage, please note that there is currently a bug on the Test Server where enfeebling effects may land on monsters with immunity when using the new special ability and the development team is working to fix it. As announced, this ability cannot be used on monsters with immunity; however, resistance adjustments for Abyssea monsters have not yet been finished and in the future we will be applying adjustments and will be removing a great deal of monsters with immunity.

Next, some more monk feedback.

There were some comments mentioning that monk's new special ability wouldn't help much for tanking since the effect duration is only a minute long. While the development team will continue to adjust the effect duration as testing is performed, they're thinking about keeping the maximum duration at 60 seconds. The effect duration was set this way to act as a method of surviving a crisis, much like Invincible or Perfect Dodge, and not to maintain the increased HP for an entire battle.

Also, there was a request to change the HP increase value to a static number instead of doubling the amount of HP the character has due to differences in races. While we will look into this, by making it a completely static value we will no longer be able to address the HP per level, so the effect would have to be added by either "level x n" or "VIT x n."

As long as we can make it in time, we will switch to a static value increase for the next Test Server update so you can all try this out for a while.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

First let me start off by saying that the Community Team understands everyone's concerns with red mage's new special ability and we are doing our best to collect all your feedback and share it with the development team. It might take a bit before we get a solid response, but we will continue to collect and submit everything we see.

While on the topic of red mage, please note that there is currently a bug on the Test Server where enfeebling effects may land on monsters with immunity when using the new special ability and the development team is working to fix it. As announced, this ability cannot be used on monsters with immunity; however, resistance adjustments for Abyssea monsters have not yet been finished and in the future we will be applying adjustments and will be removing a great deal of monsters with immunity.
    Here's some 'feedback' for you to 'collect' and 'submit', Camate: "fixing" the "bug" in the new RDM SP where it actually did something that had a slight chance of being vaguely useful is a complete waste of time. Instead, they should have been fixing the issue where sometimes it did not ignore immunities. Considering how weak enfeebles actually are, landing them on even completely immune mobs once per event isn't even close to being unbalanced.
    (21)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    Here's some 'feedback' for you to 'collect' and 'submit', Camate: "fixing" the "bug" in the new RDM SP where it actually did something that had a slight chance of being vaguely useful is a complete waste of time. Instead, they should have been fixing the issue where sometimes it did not ignore immunities. Considering how weak enfeebles actually are, landing them on even completely immune mobs once per event isn't even close to being unbalanced.
    It would be unbalanced if you could sleep absolute virtue during two hours.
    (0)

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    what happened to the double effect on enhacing magic to rdm? wasnt that the original idea? i liked that one, i dont like new one
    (8)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    It would be unbalanced if you could sleep absolute virtue during two hours.
    Oh wow, we can use one of our SP abilities to neutralize one of the mob's SP abilities on a one-for-one basis! This is unheard of, as no one has ever decided to use Invincible during a NM's Mighty Strikes before! Being able to counter one of Absolute Virtue's two hour every few minutes abilities with an ability on a one hour timer is so unfair! Oh no, we might able to beat L75 content now! Well, actually, we've been beating this particular piece of L75 content since L80 thanks to Perfect Defense, which is a hell of a lot more powerful than the RDM SP ability we're talking about.

P.S.: Using Break instead of Sleep would be more useful since DoTs won't make it wear prematurely.
    (12)
    Last edited by Hashmalum; 11-20-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Dear Camate, could you let the developer know and understand, special ability is just that, special. You can only use it every now and then. IT SHOULD LAND the enfeeble with 100% accuracy for the duration of the 2 hours. Let's face it, it usually 30-90 seconds at best, can be based on enfeebling magic if you want. People should be able to BEAT the content 100% when they work together as a group and formulate solid strategies that utilizing the jobs ability and know how with maxed skills and good gears. This is what separate newbies and hardcore who actually understand how the game works and each jobs potential.

When you can synchronize everyone's action, you should have easier time to beat the NMs. It is called teamwork and communication, and everyone knowing their roles and what it is expected from each members. Regardless if they are executing cheap moves or not. This is called balance, where developers created a game, and players able to beat them in their home turf. It is also showing that you have subscribers with some intellect who actually able to complete the challenge and solve the problems. Take this to heart and stop creating content where it is unbeatable. When this keeps happening, we will just stop paying, how is that for chain reaction.
    (4)

Page 88 of 112 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast