Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xikeroth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llama View Post
    Absolutely. The director is still new at his job though, I wish him much success.
    The new director will get praise and respect when he earns it. When he can prove he can help move this game forward and make better changes and abilities than this crap RDM one. Maybe actually balance the jobs, Tanaka downright refused to and only made the "liked" jobs more powerful while giving other jobs the shaft.

When the new director can prove he is better than Tanaka (which shouldn't be hard) He'll earn the respect of anyone that is able to criticize something.

SE stated the new director is working on FFXIV 2.0, and when finished he'll come to FFXI

People really need to stop blaming Tanaka, his FFXI was far better then today's.
    As for Yoshi-P cleaning his mess, please FFX14 launch - now is very much the same.
    All he did was add more content, change/remove some spells, abilities, around. Small tweaks here and there, but aside from that the core game play has not changed at all.
    14 failed due to lack of content, and bad programming decisions, not one man.
    You do realize Tanaka is notorious for making insanely difficult code right? That its almost impossible to change without screwing something else up. They didn't do many huge changes because they are relaunching FFXIV with new engines, clients, maps, mobs, races(male mithra/female galka) and content overhaul. Even the essential programs are being changed, the only thing staying the same is the characters.

The changes Yoshi-P made were praised by everyone that played more then 80% of the time including the critics. Tanaka can never claim this, his biggest enemies in FFXI and FFXIV are the critics. Yoshi-P removed the stuff that made it complete junk(which Tanaka refused to) and he listens to the community. Something the FFXI development team has yet to prove they even do.

While I agree the OLD FFXI was better than todays we also have to remember Tanaka made the road map we are currently on, he set out the plans for abyssea in the first place, as well as voidwatch. So if right now isn't as good. It is still Tanaka's fault.

Tanaka never listened to what the community wanted and before they removed him from the FFXIV director chair he wasn't even considering making changes, 4-5 months after Yoshi-P took over there were sweeping changes. Ones that actually got the FFXIV community excited and made more people want to play. Before they stopped selling FFXIV to prepare for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn they were GAINING players at a higher rate then FFXI is right now. FFXI is actually losing more players per month then they gain.

The game, when it shutdown a week ago and when it was run by tanaka are a completely different experience. Anyone that has actually played FFXIV from launch to shutdown can tell you that.

Yoshi-P Changed almost everything about the game, but was very limited due to the fact Tanaka's code is terrible. There is no doubt in my mind that if they left Tanaka in charge FFXIV would have been dead 2 years ago. He had 5 years+ to develop that game and still gave us nothing amazing. (The name rapture ring a bell? That was its code-name)

Tanaka never listened to the community, Yoshi-P does. That's the major difference between the FFXI and FFXIV development team. The FFXIV dev team listens, In fact, all of the SUCCESSFUL MMOs in the world, the ones with triple FFXI's population or MORE all listen to, reply to and consider player feedback. All Tanaka ever said is "I'll consider it" or when they said it was a good idea at fan fests it still never made it into the game. What does that tell you?

The core game could NOT change because when they were getting around to it they decided "lets change the entire game, what we're doing isn't working" Whats the point in changing what we currently have when they knew they would only relaunch it anyways with a completely different client and code.

It wasn't just content. The way the jobs were played, the abilities they had, the way the armory system works are all completely different to when Tanaka was in charge. The game play and experience changed dramatically. Playing FFXI since NA launch I can tell you this. Yoshi-P made more real changes to FFXIV in a year then Tanaka made to FFXI in a 10 years. The only thing Tanaka did was add content and the only time it changed dramatically was when abyssea was launched which is terrible content compared to the old FFXI content. (don't even get me started on how stupid the stagger system is. The only decent stagger system is the dynamis one. VW and Abyssea sucks in that respect too. The ONLY thing that should EVER effect drop rate is Treasure Hunter.)

All were changed by Yoshi-p. SO instead of defending a sub-par director, hows about you look into some facts before you actually say something.. Tanaka stopped being good when he came out with Abyssea(if you remember correctly he briefly passed director to someone else after FFXIV was launched) Abyssea, voidwatch, re-releases of Limbus, dynamis, nyzul, salvage, etc... are all Tanaka's doing.

From what people are saying almost everything in A Realm Reborn is different. its BETTER. Due to restrictions they aren't allowed to post screenshots or anything... silly agreements NDA's <.<;
    (4)
    SE needs to be more original with content, because spreading the same content and copying it everywhere isn't going to keep people playing for very long. STOP WITH WEAKNESS TARGETING! It is NOT that good of a concept!
    If you don't like what I say, that's fine, you don't have to. But don't think that I care if you agree with me or not. Soooo... if you don't like what I say, don't reply, and move on with your life

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    You are ignorant about FFXIV. FFXIV failed because it was impossible to play due to server lag.
    That, and it was an awful game.

People really need to stop blaming Tanaka, his FFXI was far better then today's.
    As for Yoshi-P cleaning his mess, please FFX14 launch - now is very much the same.
    All he did was add more content, change/remove some spells, abilities, around. Small tweaks here and there, but aside from that the core game play has not changed at all.
    14 failed due to lack of content, and bad programming decisions, not one man.
    They're making/made some pretty fundamental changes to the game. As much as I hate FFXIV I give them credit for seeming sincere in their desire to rectify the awfulness. While I think it's silly how people always blame a single man for something that involves hundreds of people working on it, the fact of the matter is that a lot of the core system that people hated (like fatigue and such) are straight out of Tanaka's book of design based on his track record. It's pretty much the same as people blaming terrible movie scripts on the director. Never made sense to me, but people will still do it, because they're the ones that also get all the credit when everything goes right.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kincard; 11-18-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    On another note, as there has been a lot of feedback mentioning that there is a problem with enfeebling effects being too weak, we would like to make it so the effects are more apparent, and will be adjusting this moving forward separately from the topic at hand.
    Not to be a complete jerk, but every post in RDM forums has mentioned this either as the topic or in passing. The reason RDM are such an angry mob to deal with is because they have legitimately been ignore and invalidated for a very long time. Either the Dev weren't listening or you weren't telling them that they left one of the most popular jobs crippled for over 3 years. The Dev team pruned off all the niches that RDM had developed for itself and then crippled it's only A rank skill. The development team is solely at fault for this. They destroyed Enfeebling Magic and left RDM with nothing except being sub par.

We all understand that 75 was too generous for RDM, but quite honestly that was because the Dev team left other mages starved for MP AND kite/nuke was too useful. It's hard to call the previous generation of enfeebles exploits. What do you think a Spell called Bind is supposed to do? Gravity isn't the traditional Demi from the FF series, that wasn't a player decision, we don't make those decisions. We understand that stacking Gravity + Bind with Sleep was not what was intended, but we weren't the ones that assigned RDMs their spell list.

Please take some responsibility for the state that Enfeebling magic is in and RDM by association. We don't have the ability to change this at all or we would have done it long ago. We need spells that actually help our friends. Otherwise Enfeebling will continue to be worthless.
    (8)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Anything that has to do with FFXIV should really go somewhere that doesn't have to do with current changes for FFXI's new SP abilities. We are trying to give feedback of actual relevance, please go clutter other forums with your personal beliefs about FFXIV or any game that isn't this one.

Enfeebling is a long standing issue that needs to be addressed one way or another, so please stop getting off topic.

On the Topic of MNK SP abilities:
    So what is this SP going to do for MNK except make me go MNK/DRK and pop 100 fists with Soul Eater up? I understand more HP, but how is that applicable on a 30 second timer that takes 30 minutes to come back? 30 seconds is the length of a zerg and nothing else. I would really rather see that increase last longer so that players might use other tactics other than focusing on extremely concentrated offense for extremely short periods of time.

FFXI is addicted to offense > defense. How does more HP help MNK tank? If it's only intended for them to be able to take the brunt of terrible mobs, then how is 30 seconds long enough unless we are once again, planning on a zerg?
    (1)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 11-18-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xikeroth View Post
    [..]
    Almost everything you said was bullshit based on your own speculation and random interpretation of certain facts. And you had some of them wrong as well, for example that Tanaka left FFXI's position to someone else. That never happened, he was in charge the entire time. And you still didn't address the fact that no one man makes all bad decisions in a company. A producer is not a dictator. Tanaka is a scapegoat, nothing else. People need someone to blame, and he was in a good position to be blamed. That's all there is to this ranting.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The new SP is terrible. It doesn't do anything, a RDM should be capable of doing what this ability does against pretty much any mob by having proper gear. If the dev team wants to add this kind of functionality to RDM I would heavily suggest they add it to Saboteur and keep, 'if an enfeeble can't land then it doesn't burn the ability.' This idea is not worthy of an SP since we all clearly see it as a side or down grade to Elemental Seal.

We are all aware that Enfeebling magic is terrible, so this kind of an addition to an already/still crippled school of magic does nothing but invite the disdain of RDMs because it adds insult to injury. 'Enfeebling magic doesn't really work anymore so lets give you an entire ability to prove it.' RDMs don't mind continuing to reapply enfeebles in a fight. It gives us something to do. What we don't appreciate is that our potency means absolutely nothing when mobs are adjusted to not be affected by things like paralyze, even when they do land. That's just unfair to us.

If you want examples of what I don't currently like about the individual enfeebles, I can easily go over it:
    1. Bio 3 and Dia 3 do not stack. It would be appreciated if we could use both of our debuffs that don't require accuracy nor potency to be effective to stack so we always have them to fall back onto. If you don't want to let us do normal debuffs we at least want to lower the mobs defense and attack by 15% a piece.
    2. Bind shouldn't even be in the game anymore. The Dev team has no interest in it being effective, so please delete it. We get it, it creates too many problems.
    3. Gravity doesn't need to slow target's movement speed. I don't care about it's benefits for kite nuke. All I require is that it lowers the mobs Evasion and that it can stick on almost all mobs, so long as I have the accuracy to land it. I need to lower mobs accuracy to be able to hit them as a RDM. Other jobs appreciate it as well. It's kind of a big deal that something that would help enfeebling be more viable is left in such bad disrepair, especially since the Devs took the time to give us Gravity II, which never worked to begin with.
    4. Blind is actually decent, EXCEPT, some mobs can't really miss because their level/accuracy is too high. If blind just gave a mob the debuff that it would miss X% of the time and it was based off of enfeebling magic skill, then you would create a spell that does what people want it to do and doesn't fail against NMs that have unrealistic stats for enfeebles to be effective against.
    5. Slow and Paralyze are very effective against the mobs that they work against. Against many NMs, they do very little. I don't mind if you want to adjust the max potency that a mobs is able to be debuffed, but there are several mobs that these spells don't seem to do anything to even if they do land.
    6. Silence and Addle actually make sense. Silence works on normal mobs and Addle works on Bosses. It makes sense and they both have potential uses.
    7. Poison III needs to be available to players. The only thing wrong with Poison is that it is too weak to contribute.
    8. Break is a bad because it doesn't do anything something else doesn't probably do better. Sleep lasts longer and accomplishes the same affect. If you are VS dark based mobs you can /WHM for Repose. There are multiple sleeps for chaining sleep effects. It breaks when you attack the mob. It does't add anything unique. Break needs to be changed into a 2nd stun. It would be enfeeble based. It gives you something that will be effective against Thunder based mobs. It should have a slightly longer duration than stun, but also a much longer recast.
    9. Impact should be re-coded so that it damage is based of elemental magic and the debuff potency/duration is based off of enfeebling magic.
    10. BLM debuffs should scale off of elemental magic for increased DoT and Enfeebling magic for stat down potency. Both of which should be adjusted to scale and be somewhat useful against current end game content.

In all seriousness:
    The previous SP was what we wanted. We wanted Double Potency and Double Duration of all of our enhancing magic. You can make it so that it doubles the potency/duration of Enhancing magic that RDMs receive for a set duration. That way you don't have to worry about /SCH shenanigans and RDMs trying to do more than you intend.

If we had something like Break so that we could Chain Spell Break, much like we Chain Spell Stun then we could easily use whatever sub job we wanted. I personally prefer RDM/NIN. Most of the RDMs that are left are melee RDMs because you gave away all of our serious caster rolls to other jobs. You could at least placate whats left of the RDM population. I'm not asking to be a kite nuke problem. I just want to be able to me a hybrid mage that can fight and enfeeble end game mobs. I want to be able to pull my weight in an alliance.
    (4)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 11-18-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lienn View Post
    Since i didn't see ppl talking about new MNK 2hrs, lemme put a point that was overlooked:

When you put double HP it will actually remove the sj restriction of souleater (5% of real HP with double HP = 10% real HP), causing the new "defensive special ability" to actually increase a lot MNK/DRK DPS due the current haste/doublt/triple/quadruple attack overflow. With a proper gear MNKs would beat 5k HP while this effect is up, reaching nearly the same amount of HP converted to damage a DRK with enhanced souleater can have.

Also, think that if it stacks with other HP bonus effects it will also stack with mantra, generating another 40% of real HP (20% of doubled HP), making this ability a bit too powerful for an ability that will be usable every 1hr-30 min.

If someone was going to receive this ability, it should be DRK, not MNK. ^^

MNK one should be related to kick attacks...would be nice for a change. Maybe a progressive critical damage increase for every kick that lands and making kick attacks having 100% critical hit dor the duration of the effect...it would be like a mighty strikes for footworker MNKs.
    Its amazing that you saw this and a room full of DEV's didn't, however as a drk im more concerned with the fact that our SPs are gimped, they do not effect ws's and they cannot be stacked. Both DRK SPs need to be able to be stacked AND both SP need to activate on WS as well.
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    just got off test server tinkering w/ new special ability and /drk
    I've a very good hp+ build on my galka mnk.

player hp caps at 9999
    outside abyssea I was able to get 7104 (using hp gear, mantra and full melee+2)
    slight improvements to gear would make it ~7400
    IN Abyssea w/ ebon hoof, razed ruins and sanguine scythe, I had hp of 9743

w/ soul eater, and the new special ability up, every punch does ~1000 in abyssea
    crit hits vs detector-types w/ arcane circle did 2.5k

outside abyssea the best you could hope for is around + 370 damage per hit
    not sure if 100 fists will stack... didn't test it, but embrava, marches etc should probably get you to cap w/out gear... I think.
    someone else can check that.
    This special ability works to save you from a BIG nuke or can be used in zerg situations w/ /drk.

Its very fun.
    The most challenging part is getting the Ja's to go well. 30 seconds is not alot of time. one might want to pop this on ADL AFTER PD wears off to survive the first terraslash or somesuch..
    (3)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Its very fun.
    The most challenging part is getting the Ja's to go well. 30 seconds is not alot of time. one might want to pop this on ADL AFTER PD wears off to survive the first terraslash or somesuch..
    Or to die solely to the additional effect attached to Tera Slash, and better understand that FFXI is designed to mirror the absurdity of the universe as a whole.

Thinking about that situation, I imagine the incoming Monk SP being highly compatible with the incoming White Mage SP. If both jobs are already present, cobbling the two abilities together into the ghetto-est version of Perfect Defense imaginable seems like a good use for them.

Well, if the Development Bros pick the version of the White Mage SP that is useful for 30 seconds rather than 60 seconds of flaccid disappointment.
    (2)

Player
    Stop making mobs that have "TP moves" as their regular attacks... This fixes at least 50% of the problems with RDM. If you could actually paralyze mobs like harpies, narakas, iron giants, then it would definitely be useful for something like legion. I realize you can paralyze them, but it only affects their spells, if they even cast anything.

Slow II would also be incredibly useful.
    (10)

Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast