Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    They're always saying, "Don't just say 'It's bad. Do something else' but be specific." That's what half our responses (both NA and JP) are.
    Yep, we told them exactly how to fix RDM's, just a small change to it, and instead... this.
    (10)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    8 pages of RDM players getting along and agreeing on something. We should have known it's was a bad omen.
    (9)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    After WAR got their MNK ability on a worse timer replaced with something actually good, I thought SE finally understood that players wouldn't be happy with lamer versions of other jobs' abilities for SP abilities. And then, they took a flaming poop in the fancy hat of every RDM out there with this insane brain-damaged utter garbage. What is wrong with them?!
    (5)

If you're going to stick with the "1 Spell Wonder" Ability that will still leave RDM Dead and worthless since no one brings it to events anyway and this job Ability won't help, at least do it this way:

Overwhelming Knowledge - Duration 30 Seconds.
    *Enfeebling Magic you cast has Increased Potency, and Lands without Fail. (Will Land on Mobs Immune to it with 1/2 Duration).
    **Potency Increase 2x.
    **Stacks with Saboteur.

Enfeebling Magic is not that broken. The whole fact that 99% of the Endgame mobs are flat out Super Resistant or Immune to Enfeebling is the reason RDM is dead, Allowing them to land accurately debuffs that aren't immune is pointless. HEY GUYS I USED MY 2HOUR! I PUT ON SLOW FOR 30s, ZERG QUICK.

No, Seriously, in all the civil manner i can muster, I ask you to go back to the drawing bored with this one. If you're going to give RDM an ability that grants 100% Enfeeble accuracy for 1 single spell, at least make it break immunity. Any RDM worth their darn can already land Enfeebles with any sort of decent Accuracy if the Enemy isn't immune, that was gear sets are for, Magic Accuracy, etc. This is, as other have pointed out, a Glorified Elemental Seal, on a timer 6x as long.

If i had to make a new Special 2hour for RDM though? The job is already pointlessly dead, Might as well have 1 JA Aimed at Magic (Chainspell) and another Aimed at their Melee Side. (Fixing the job should be focused away from the new 2hour, Might as well throw RDM Melee this bone).

Infinity Broken -
    Grants a Bonus to Melee Accuracy, Attack, and Enspell Damage for 45(~60?) seconds. Enspell: Increases Weaponskill Damages based on Element.
    *Accuracy Bonus - +25%
    *Attack Bonus - +25%
    *Enspell Damage - +40
    *Weaponskill Bonus - Based on Skillchain Properties(Matching Enspell Type). fTP+0.2 (All hits)

With RDM's naturally low offensive capabilities, This wouldn't really give it a solid spot in a Zerg, But given a good set, this could help RDMs everywhere for what RDM's are good for... Spot fillers when nothing else is looking . It also appeals to the RDM Melee Side, a Contrast to Chainspell, Which appeals to RDM Magic Side. the Job is a Melee Mage, Even though in FFXI It doesn't do well at either.

Long story short the job is already dead, If we're going to fix it, Might as well focus on the job at its core, and not this new 2hour, Give this new 2hour to the RDM Fanatics, I know we have them... Because look at what they're currently trying to do otherwise...

P.S: QUICK FARKING CHANGING THF TWO HOUR WE HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN TO PLAY WITH IT HRRRGHLHRBLRHLGHLE GIVE ME MY 2hour !!
    (11)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Yeah, on the cor percentages, bare minimum should be 20% (1 minute off a 5 minute recast). 5% would be 15 seconds off of a 5 minute recast, which is absolutely laughable for an SP-level ability. Maybe progress as 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, 40%, 50%.
    I'm back and forth about this. On one hand, you know you are going to get some kind of reduction. On the other hand, a 1 is terrible and you have to wait 30 minutes at bare minimum to try again.

If you have a JA that is 2 hours and you roll a 6, you are getting an hour off of that JA. If this new SP was based around the static value of an un-reduced SP ability and applied that as a static value, then I could see it being much more useful, because you would be resetting a lot of people's normal abilities a fair % of the time.

On a system where SPs are 1 hour normal and 30 minutes is merited, a 6 would = a full reset of every JA timer except for an unmerited SP.

1 = 3 minutes
    2 = 6 minutes
    3 = 12 minutes
    4 = 18 minutes
    5 = 24 minutes
    6 = 30 minutes

A 1 or 2 would help reset longer cool downs that are useful, such as Meditate/Soul Eater/Dancer Flourishes. A 3 would make almost everything else besides Call Wyvern or SP abilities accessible. Rolling more than a 3 accomplishes the same thing, but reduces SP abilities more and more, so that this particular SP is worth burning every time.

I assume that Wild Card will still reset 2nd SP abilities, like it was stated originally with the roll of only a 6. Essentially leaving that SP up to chance, and this SP up to planning( or cheating as I like to think of it).

Another miscellaneous question:
    Does this reduce the cool downs of secondary systems such as charges for Quick Draw/Stratagems/'BST Ready' abilities?

PS:
    RDM: I'm not even going to write a long response to this one.
    1 Spell? We have access to an entire list of magic and you limit us down to 1 spell. We aren't BLU, we have more than a handful of spells available. You're not allowing us to access our Strengths, as usual. If we aren't going to get more than 1 spell it should maximize the value of our enfeebles to NOT the maximum we are normally capable, but to what is capable in the game. Like a 100% slow.
    (1)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 11-16-2012 at 08:14 AM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Wow they made RDM's much worse then I thought it would be.

Seriously ... f*cking weak Elemental Seal on a 60 min timer.

Camate tell the developers that RDM can already do that, /BLM lets us do EXACTLY THAT every 10 minutes.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    Whats really sad... I half expect them to nerf Elemental Seal just so the RDM 2-hour they just gave us might have a use... That or raise its level to 50+ BLM.
    (8)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Since large problems were discovered through testing for the previous counter effect, we changed the effect while still keeping to the idea of a defensive ability, and made it so there is an HP increase effect to increase your endurance and deal with large damage.
    Yet another display of FFXI's outdated code. FFXI needs a system revamp to alleviate from these technical limitations and difficulties. It seems to plague the development-team a lot more often then we are led to believe.
    (5)

Player
    Ya know, about that MNK one... While it was a nice idea for defense, it also was nice for the small offense boost it gave too by the MNK punching the mob in the face for trying to hit them, will MNKs be seeing any type of damage boost to continue with this? Or will the removal of physical damage taken by MNK be turned into a pure HP boost?
    (1)

Player
    Huge improvement for Ninja. It'll be a really great ability if it actually affects both main-hand and off-hand.

The new new Corsair ability depends on the mechanics of it, just like the old new Corsair ability did.

The new new Monk ability should be useful for something.

The new new Red Mage ability sounds horrible beyond the reckoning of most folk. It is Elemental Seal, except it is worse than Elemental Seal, and the recast will be one hour? Am I missing something? I would be half as happy to use this ability as Sisyphus is to push his boulder.
    (5)

Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast