Page 76 of 112 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindi View Post
    {Yes please} give thf some love.. real love and please please please DONT make this special ability make ANYTHING WITH TREASURE HUNTER. THF's dont need any Treasure hunter buffs, (unless you make us an ability where we force a 100% fulldrop np np)
    I'm starting to think that we're just getting WAR SP2 V2... 30 secs of 100% Triple Attack.
    (0)

Character
    Bryangelos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    for whm please go with the second option. 30 seconds with full resists!
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!

I’m back once again to share some more information about new special ability revamps for both those that have been implemented to the Test Server and those that will be implemented during this week’s Test Server update.
    • New special abilities already on the Test Server
      • Warrior
        Currently the effect for this ability makes the activation rate for double attack 100%; however, we will be adjusting this so that the 100% activation rate is added to your current double attack rate when the ability is executed and then decrease over time. It will still be possible to maintain a very high double attack rate when using equipment and other support effects. The effect duration time will remain as 30 seconds.

• White mage
        Currently looking into the two below possibilities:
        1. Keep the effect as it is currently, but change the effect duration from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.
        2. Change effect so that you receive a strong resistance against Terror, Amnesia, and Death (Doom included). No changes to the 30 second effect duration.
      • Black mage
        We will be limiting the effects of the new special ability to elemental magic and will be easing up on resists. For monsters that have strong resistances, a half-resist is guaranteed. If they resist yet again, it will result in a quarter resist. While the special ability is active, the resist determinant will be lowered and it will be possible to deal steady damage.
    • New special abilities that will be implemented during this week’s Test Server update

During this week’s Test Server update we will be implementing the below new special abilities. Please take a moment and try them out when you can!

<table width="580" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" align="center" class="ta01"><tr valign="middle" align="center" class="th01"><td width="15%" align="center" class="th01" bgcolor="#a8d0d7">Job</td><td width="25%" align="center" class="th01" bgcolor="#a8d0d7">Ability Name</td><td width="60%" align="center" class="th01" bgcolor="#a8d0d7">Effect</td></tr><tr valign="middle" align="center" class="td01"><tr valign="middle" align="center" class="td01"><td bgcolor="#c6e9ef">Bard</td><td bgcolor="#f5fafb">BRD SP2</td><td bgcolor="#f5fafb" align="left">While effect is active, the number of songs that can be cast on party members will be increased by 1.</td></tr><tr valign="middle" align="center" class="td01"><td bgcolor="#c6e9ef">Ranger</td><td bgcolor="#eaf2f3">RNG SP2</td><td bgcolor="#eaf2f3" align="left">While effect is active, ranged attack delay will be halved.<br>Additionally, Double Shot or Triple Shot activation is guaranteed.</td></tr><tr valign="middle" align="center" class="td01"><td bgcolor="#c6e9ef">Dragoon</td><td bgcolor="#f5fafb">DRG SP2</td><td bgcolor="#f5fafb" align="left">While effect is active, there will be no cool down timer for Jump.</td></tr></table>

*Names, help text, and animations for abilities on the Test Server are still in-development. Effects are also subject to change and adjustment.
    Still haven't answered about the RDM SP ability. In it's current state it's useless. Needs significantly longer duration of 3min and the potency / duration of spells need to be enhanced more.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    All things aside, it's encouraging that at least this time they're hearing that people didn't like a lot of the two hours and went back to the drawing board for pretty much every single one.

Actually looking forward to hearing about the other ones now given how good the fixed ones so far are.
    (2)

Player
    I just hope they fix some of the good ones rather than redesigning them. RDM for instance has potential but the duration & bonus are just to small to be useful.
    (4)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrua View Post
    Broken jumps doesn't sound so bad to me. It may allow non mythic DRGs to be included in zerg type situations instead of being overlooked entirely by the community as a wasted DD spot.
    In your dreams. DRG job sucks and it has been the case for years. I mathed the mythic and it's about on par with .. mnk, and 40% more damage than the relic, which means DRG damage output will always suck regardless.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    In your dreams. DRG job sucks and it has been the case for years. I mathed the mythic and it's about on par with .. mnk, and 40% more damage than the relic, which means DRG damage output will always suck regardless.
    Absolutely true; nothing Angon nor wyvern can do to "help" justifying DRG's position in a zerg. A counter-arguement could be that drg can solo(some, extremely small amount) of things that remotely matter and serve as an off-healer when /mage. But as the player base has learned utility means jack if you don't specialize enough to make a real impact in group events.

For the devs I repeat: Utility and soloability means NOTHING during group events if the job cannot contribute significantly in terms of damage dealt or support given. Proof of this is the following jobs that have fallen into disuse: RDM, BST, DRG, PLD(For most events outside Legion), PUP, DNC, and THF.

The only reason any of the jobs are used now in the list above is due to forced necessity(VW for all even then BST isn't used and Legion for PLD specifically) or that they are just barely acceptable(DRG for Neo Nyzul). For a game that is about balance this certainly isn't balanced. Another game company, Riot Games, has a game with 50+ unique characters yet maintain a good enough balance that most, if not all are still in use by both casual and hardcore players. Can we see this sort of balance for these jobs in the near future where players no longer just think "okay need X number of WARs, BRDs, CORs, SCHs, WHMs, BLMs." and start to say "Okay lets see what the ls members want to play and see if we can't make it work with that"?

For my take on DRG specifically: Unless the job receives a significant boost in it's attack power, or adjustment(positive) to it's WSes, Stardiver and Drakesbane the job will remain secondary at best as far as the damage dealing,its true value to the playerbase, in events that matter. It doesn't matter what a job can do in lower level content if it's impotent in end game events.
    (1)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The new SP abilities aren't really strategically relevant, or their relevance is kind of forced.

BRD - Okay, an extra 2 songs in Legion (we swap 2 BRDs). At the same time we lose Embrava, so we pick up 2 marches and lose Regain/Regen but monsters have 10% less HP. Whatever, fair enough. Still, if we didn't need Marches this ability would be pretty crappy.

DRG - Good. I look forward to seeing this but can't help but notice that DRG can now pair JA + WSs for the duration of their 2-hour, while Grand Pas (for DNC) only allows 3. Also, DRG JA+WSs both do substantially more damage than Reverse Flourish (0 damage) and Dagger WSs (< Polearm WSs). You should unlimit the DNC 2-hour. Considering it's duration, it wouldn't really be that strong anyway.

BLM - Not relevant because people don't use black magic as a damage source anymore. It's too time inefficient, and all of the recent events rely on quick kills.

WAR - Okay, the new version is more balanced but neither version really represents an earthshattering boost. I guess it'll be nice to have a marginally stronger Mighty Strikes now.

WHM - I don't know if this 2-hour (version 2) makes the group Charm immune, but I hope it does. The only time I'd consider using it is against the Corses in Hall of Muru, which we kill in <30 seconds. They seem to use the Charm TP moves faster than we can stun. I was one-shotted by an "Occasionally Attacks Trice" attack from a Ryunohige Dragoon last night in Muru. It would also be nice to use this against ADL post-split, but ideally we'd get both the duration and effects because ADL takes about a minute.

BLU - Blue mages say that the recast on Unbridled Learning spells (so they aren't spammable) kind of kill any utility this might have had.

RNG - I think this 2-hour may make it so RNG's DPS is finally comparable to a melee's. RNG's primary problem is that it cannot avoid pulling hate without a Relic weapon, and the TP phase (+Barrage) is the only time when relic weapon RNGs pull hate, so this is not super useful overall considering the 20/80 TP/WS split I see most rangers run these days, but it's at least novel.

SAM - I was unimpressed by this when I tried it on the test server. It appears to only evade TP moves, but that alone would be useful for Arch Dynamis Lord or similar monsters.

SMN - Very good! Now people can skill up faster and we can kill Arch-Ultima a little faster. Chain-Shock Squall may make SMN a pretty viable option for Arch Dynamis Lord even if you can't lean on PD as much.

DNC - I feel you're being overly cautious about this, considering how Dancers are used these days. What is the harm in unlimiting the number of Flourishes over the duration? People are going to kill Dynamis monsters too fast for 30 seconds? I'll admit it's better than what we had (lolTrance), but it's still not particularly good.

PUP - Multiple respectable PUPs have complained about the lack of strategic use for this ability, but it is not up for adjustments. Alrighty then.

SCH - This SP ability seems to open up a large potential for abuse, and likely solidifies SCH's position as the preferred magic DD if we ever need to rely on magic as a damage source again. I realize that you probably intended this to be paired with Enmity Douse in a magic DD party, but it's more likely to be something like 5x SCH + PUP abusing Ventriloquy to dump hate while they zerg things with magic.

Dark Knight - Another use for K-club! I'm not sure how effective this would really be in a zerg, though, because I'm fairly sure you can't stack TP draining from the new 2-hour and HP draining from Blood Weapon. It would be pretty novel to SE/BW K-club zerg things again while also totally locking their TP gain, though.

Monk - I hope you just accidentally left this off your list, because it needs to be re-worked into something useful.
    (4)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 69

><)))°€

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    WHM - I don't know if this 2-hour (version 2) makes the group Charm immune, but I hope it does. The only time I'd consider using it is against the Corses in Hall of Muru, which we kill in <30 seconds. They seem to use the Charm TP moves faster than we can stun. I was one-shotted by an "Occasionally Attacks Trice" attack from a Ryunohige Dragoon last night in Muru. It would also be nice to use this against ADL post-split, but ideally we'd get both the duration and effects because ADL takes about a minute.
    Well they speak of strong resistance, not immunity... and no charm mentioned so it doesn't look too good... As a side note, out of curiosity, do charmed characters really keep effects such as aftermath? (Was it perchance Triple Attack instead?)

I'd also say that 60 seconds and “strong resistance” against mentioned ailments would not be broken, especially if it's not even a complete resistance against them. ^^

Also, add charm onto the list. I don't think it really needs any more proof that it would be a good thing, but I guess the minds have been set!

ざんねん。。。ねー
    (0)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You keep all your buffs when charmed, but most forms of charm don't have you use WSs / Abilities. Still, think about how quickly a Ragnarok DRK and Ryunohige DRG can do 1200 damage to you with full buffs.

Specifically, they were 388, 481, and 345 damage hits : 1200+ damage, and this is with about 35-40% PDT on. The next guy he went after took over 500 damage per hit. Mages have <5 seconds to recognize the TP move, stop whatever they were doing and change target to the now-charmed melee, and sleep them. After that, people start dying.
    (4)

Page 76 of 112 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast