Page 67 of 112 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, they didn't list it as adjusted and the previous release was limited to 3 Flourishes (not Finishing Moves).

Edit: I just went to the test server and confirmed it. Grand Pas still wears off after three Flourishes.
    (5)
    Last edited by Byrth; 10-27-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Ok maybe I'm misreading but "separate timers" means they BOTH can be used right? Or does it just override the other 2hr when you use it?
    (0)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Well, they didn't list it as adjusted and the previous release was limited to 3 Flourishes (not Finishing Moves).

Edit: I just went to the test server and confirmed it. Grand Pas still wears off after three Flourishes.
    Oh? Then I agree that it should not be limited to the amount of flourishes the DNC has. I much prefer the unlimited finishing moves for the duration of the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidi View Post
    Ok maybe I'm misreading but "separate timers" means they BOTH can be used right? Or does it just override the other 2hr when you use it?
    I read it the same way as you Infidi, I do hope that these abilities won't overwrite one another.
    (0)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Oh hey :O! That WAR 2hour is the one i suggested.

Coincidence? Absolutely!

Will i take it as such? Not a chance.

Hell yah an Idea i suggested got implemented.
    (10)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

We are still organizing the information for how the effects of the new special abilities will change; however, I would like to go ahead and share the changes that were already implemented on the Test Server:

• Warrior
      The effect will be changed to the following:
      "While the effect is active, grants a 100% chance of activating Double Attack.” (Can be applied towards weapon skills as well)

• Black mage
      In addition to the original effect, it will now also grant a large increase to magic accuracy.

• Samurai
      In addition to the original effect, it will now also grant TP when evading attacks.

• Summoner
      In addition to the original effect, when using the ability MP will be completely restored.

• Blue mage
      In addition to the original effect, the recast timer for spells that can be used under Unbridled Learning will be removed.

*Currently the ability and status icon explanations have not changed, but the above changes to the effects have been reflected in the update.

Please test them all out and let us know your thoughts!
    Camate would you please ask the dev team if they are still considering being able to merit these recasts down to 30 minutes? And could you also ask if this will apply to the old SP abilities as well as the new ones?

For reference here's the original post:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post359060

Thanks in advance!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandheer View Post
    Oh? Then I agree that it should not be limited to the amount of flourishes the DNC has. I much prefer the unlimited finishing moves for the duration of the ability.

I read it the same way as you Infidi, I do hope that these abilities won't overwrite one another.
    Just tried the WAR ones. They don't overwrite each other ^^. Can be used at same time. Awwwwesome.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    • Warrior
      The effect will be changed to the following:
      "While the effect is active, grants a 100% chance of activating Double Attack.” (Can be applied towards weapon skills as well)

• Black mage
      In addition to the original effect, it will now also grant a large increase to magic accuracy.

• Samurai
      In addition to the original effect, it will now also grant TP when evading attacks.

• Summoner
      In addition to the original effect, when using the ability MP will be completely restored.

• Blue mage
      In addition to the original effect, the recast timer for spells that can be used under Unbridled Learning will be removed.
    Truly, good news for everyone, and not even the kind of "good news" that Professor Farnsworth might deliver.

The revised Warrior ability is as close to perfect as any alternative or compliment to Mighty Strikes will ever be, I think. Sometimes one is better, sometimes the other is better, using both at once will be beastly if the plan to keep recasts separate does not change; perfect.

The rest of the changes are not as drastic, but each change compliments the purpose of the ability changed and adds usefulness. In the case of the Blue Mage SP, the change brings it from "unusable" to "very situational" which I think is a relatively large change.

If some of the other new SP abilities at the bottom of the pile, such as Dancer and Beastmaster, were to receive changes or additions comparable to these, that would be super-awesome.
    (3)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    .... i gotta wonder why the heck is SAM's getting boosted even further wasn't Perfect Dodge/dodge elemental attacks/Attack boost enough why do they need another bonus with it....
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidi View Post
    Just tried the WAR ones. They don't overwrite each other ^^. Can be used at same time. Awwwwesome.
    This is exactly what I thought when I read it. Mighty Strikes, 100% DA, Resolution spammage GO!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Oh hey :O! That WAR 2hour is the one i suggested.

Coincidence? Absolutely!

Will i take it as such? Not a chance.

Hell yah an Idea i suggested got implemented.
    You win the prize! A Taco! :3

Dear SE,

Thank you so much for taking back Chocoburger, every BST seriously appreciates this.
    (3)

Page 67 of 112 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast