Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikumaru View Post
    Dear Dev team and Matsui-san ,

As a veteran player who started at the PS2 release over 8 years ago , i have seen many changes made to the game i love so dearly . Some have been very welcome , others maybe not so much . Up until the release of the Abyssea Battle Add-on Trilogy , The 2 hour ability not only defined the job class it was for , but was the Last Resort or hidden Ace-up-the-sleeve that would or could turn the tide of battle . These Abilities are supposed to be over powered , hence the exceptionally long cool down . In the Official Strategy Guides this point was firmly stated and as the game progressed from Rise of the Zilart to Chains of Promithia thru the Treasures of Aht Urghan , crucial use of these extreme abilities was the difference between success and failure . Chainspell Stunning Suzaku's Chainspell , or Countering Sieryu's Hundred Fists with Invincible are prime examples of how the game used to require sacrifice and strategy to prevail .
    Reading each new "update" about how the Dev team is seeking "balance" , especially lately more than ever , seems more like a new Absolute Virtue is being sought . If you feel you must weaken a job's most powerful ability then you must in turn weaken the foes they are used against . Balance . Perhaps tho , as a suggestion , instead of looking for the new impossible to kill monster or Kill the entire alliance Ability the Dev team could take some different ques from the FFXI of old and include content that requires actual team work and strategy and doesnt rely on "Staggering" , Temporary items , Atma/Atmacite , or certain 2 hour abilities to defeat it . It happened in the past , no reason it cant happen now . Jailer of Love , Kirin , Proto-Omega , Proto-Ultima , the list goes on . These monsters yielded some of the most sought after items and they were hard won with team work and strategy .
    Keep 2 hours Over Powered , while preserving the soul of FFXI . Keep up the great work on a wonderful game .

<3 Mikumaru
    CAN YOU HEAR IT SQUARE ENIX?
    (1)

Player
    Ya know, I'm somewhat afraid since we haven't heard anything about this in more than a month, and it was getting frequent updates back then it seemed.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I have a feeling that they're probably reworking a bunch of them because their initial ideas were so half assed.
    (0)

Player
    So maybe BSTs wont have to chow down on their pets afterall? :O
    (1)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Maybe they'll come up with more clever ways to get rid of our pets that don't involve us chewing on them. I'm a fan of zombies myself, and support recreational cannibalism in video games, but I'm not a huge fan of gnawing on Nazuna for a buff that I shouldn't even need in the first place.
    (1)

Player
    Hmm~... you just made me think of something they could give as a new 2-hour for BST, they could make it so when you use it, it gives your pet a Reraise effect, it would be a bit weird but nice, just make it like Aern's reraise, once the pet dies they come back to life moments later with Max HP. Dunno, just an idea, at least better than what we have now.
    (1)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't think they'd go for that because it would basically be a free pet every 2 hours and we would therefore use less biscuits/jugs, which is bad because RMT chefs would be making less or we would be forced to farm less. We can't have either one, because both equal more fun for players.
    (1)

Player
    Nah remember, 2-hours are being reduced to 30 minutes, then again, all the more reason to day no. ;;
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well in that case definitely not, in fact I think I can see their logic with this as the ability being on a 30 minute timer would increase the frequency of pet jug usage. No matter that the ability itself is ghoulish, the point is to make us use jugs faster. They might have more success in that department by making the ability not trash, but they seem to just hate fun anymore. I don't think they'll go with the severed chocobo head stuffed in a sandwich roll and covered in delicious sauces for the ability icon either, because then we would at least get to enjoy some small aspect of this latest troll attempt from them.
    (1)

So my lack of paying attention aside, Has the THF Two Hour been introduced to test server yet so i can complain about how terrible and useless it is?
    (0)

Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast