Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    I actually love the bst rng and pup ones plus sch one will give ne a lot of fun if someone really ticks me off I will put the finger of god on them with my mighty mass mpk ability.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    BST - Absorbs the pet and recovers both HP and removes status ailments. Also, the player will receive a Reraise effect.

Great another Ability that is like Run Wild. As a BST we hate losing pets for stupid reasons like zoning, connection loss, Run Wild, Voidwatch (Unless that was fixed like the dynamis issue) and now the new 2hr.

If I need Reraise there are items for that and BST get access to the Twilight Reraise 3 gear.
    Almost all BST sub DNC now so we have access to an Erase!

So here's something that could be fun for a new 2 hour - Calls forth a boss type Familiar - Mini fafnir, mini behemoth, Chloris, ect... Duration 30 mins Monster you get is random. Can not have a normal jug pet out.
    Could be worse, could be.

Absorbs the pet and recovers both HP and removes status ailments. Also, the player will receive a Reraise effect. Resets "Call Beast" to maximum recast.
    (0)

Honestly, the only good thing about the rng 2hour is that it's not Eagle Eye Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Could be worse, could be.

Absorbs the pet and recovers both HP and removes status ailments. Also, the player will receive a Reraise effect. Resets "Call Beast" to maximum recast.
    Oh god, don't give them ideas.
    (8)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    just thinking of sch using it on the wrong person and now everyone's hate is on the whm or something.

afew of these seem pretty pointless, smn is hot though
    (4)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    We are assuming these are all short duration, if some of the weaker ones last 15 mins they could be really good. Imagine rdm with a more potent haste and refresh. It's not embrava but might earn them a spot in any lowman group.
    (2)

Player
    Why is RDMs "enhancing" and not "enfeebling"? A 2Hr that lets you Bind anything, Gravity anything, Paralyze, Blind, Slow, etc. for enhanced potency and duration would actually be kind of useful. Completely unresisted enfeebles with double duration and double effect. Something like Break working like it does on us (doesn't wear off when hit) and so on would be useful. HQ Saboteur instead of HQ Composure please.

RDM has always been more of an enfeebler, if anything SCH is more of an enhancer. Give us this 2Hr so I can enjoy the delicious irony of having a 2Hr that would double the potency of Embrava, but never will since their recasts are linked. Well I assume they're linked at least, and their effects wear off if you use the other 2Hr to avoid exploiting COR to stack two 2Hrs.

As for what SCH actually got, make it so the target gets a temporary increase to their enmity cap so they effectively become the tank for its duration, this honestly sounds more like a PLD 2Hr than SCH one if you just remove the redirecting aspect. As it is, it's just AoE Enmity Douse. Put party enmity on a BLM, have them wipe it. Put party enmity on a tank, they don't need it. Put party enmity on WHM, laugh. At least if it boosted the enmity cap temporarily it would have an original and practical application. If this wasn't party wide, it would actually have been a useful normal ability to put alongside Libra. Doesn't really seem 2Hr worthy (along with most of these), but I guess Embrava so whatever.
    (2)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I wouldn't call crap on the RDM ability yet. Depending on effect and duration bonus, there could be a lot of potential here.

Increase's to phalanx past cap
    Increase Stone skin past cap
    Possible higher Haste??? /awesome
    Larger damage from Enspell's that didn't equal to crap damage during accession when /sch
    Possible higher Protect and Shell value's
    More shadow's from blink /meh, in less they were major increase 10 to 20?
    Any increase to temper and gain spell's would only effect RDM so that's kind of a win and a lost depending on how you look at it.
    Increases to other's not so much of a win tho could have potential bar/aquaveil/spikes.

I kind of happy about it. But I'll hold of judgement til testing.
    (4)

I'm trying really hard to come up with any scenario at all in which that BST ability would ever be useful, and I'm failing to see any.

Hmm, I'm paralyzed and my timers keep getting rest, suppose I'll use ye ol' Derpsorb!

Phogg is paralyzed.

/fume

Honestly though, no idea how that ability could ever be deemed useful, where are you going to want to snuff your pet for some HP and reraise? Hell, the RR items we have relied on religiously in this job are cheaper than many of our jugpets anyway. Just no value I can see in this concept. I wouldn't even use it as a 10 minute ability, let alone a 2-hour....

Maybe make it reset our JA's, or at least our Pet related JA's, or something that might possibly make it useful. I COULD see a combo of "oh noes" moment >> Run Wild >> Derpsorb >> CB >> Run wild, but barring something like that its just pointless.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    I wouldn't call crap on the RDM ability yet. Depending on effect and duration bonus, there could be a lot of potential here.

Increase's to phalanx past cap
    Increase Stone skin past cap
    Possible higher Haste??? /awesome
    Larger damage from Enspell's that didn't equal to crap damage during accession when /sch
    Possible higher Protect and Shell value's
    More shadow's from blink /meh, in less they were major increase 10 to 20?
    Any increase to temper and gain spell's would only effect RDM so that's kind of a win and a lost depending on how you look at it.
    Increases to other's not so much of a win tho could have potential bar/aquaveil/spikes.

I kind of happy about it. But I'll hold of judgement til testing.
    Hell, for all we know, it could make those self-only buffs (or maybe even just enhancing in general) AoE while active, and if it doesn't currently, you guys could scream until they give in. Pretty sure that would give rdm a permanent slot in zergs, if only because being able to give the melees in their party boosted stoneskin, boosted phalanx, boosted enspells (at least when haste samba isn't available or isn't necessary), and boosted temper (especially boosted temper) would make for some pretty handy zerg buffs.
    (3)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    An awful lot of these are going to come down to duration.
    (3)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast