Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Player
    BST's is absolutely worthless. There is no time I would ever kill a 5 minute recast pet just to get reraise. The only time a BST would need reraise is if he DIDN'T have a pet because the pet is always the center of the enemy's attention.

Take it back and give us what you gave to PUP, or to DRG, hell I'd take what you gave to SMN if the pet tp requirement was also removed for the duration of the ability. Don't give us two worthless two hours.

It doesn't even make sense from a storyline perspective. We don't share any sort of spiritual bond with these pets like a DRG does, so absorbing them seems strange. We just fed them so they followed us home.
    (16)
    Last edited by Louispv; 08-01-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Some of those are hylarious w
    I kinda like WAR, BLM (supposing the enmity down will be consistant), SMN and PUP. Oh also SAM and RNG, and I guess COR uhm... I dunno, chance of resetting with wild card, or 100% chance of getting 3 buffs for 7 mins? Could have an use.
    The BRD one looks eh... uhm... I dunno, I wish it could have been a normal song, with inferior potency of course, that becomes that strong when used under Soul Voice.
    Hope the debuff lasts at least 10 minutes >_> And hope it sticks 100% on anything. Would be preposterous to see mobs resist lol

RDM's could have potential I think. With the AF3+2 bonus set and that one you could haste people for 15 mins and then afk! YAI! (lol)
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    So what? Now RDM is an enhancer, you're making my head hurt. (Since we are.... AoE, Yes, please! Or at least 5 minute natural haste)

PS. Useless buff unless you can keep the potency on recasting the spell before it wears off, or it has a LONG duration.

Only benefit would be if it was some crazy boost like Haste going from 15% to 30% on a 15 minute plus timer. Even then it's just a lesser Embrava.
    (2)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 08-01-2012 at 04:57 AM.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If we have to "buy" these like with Merit WS and if we'll be limit to 3-5 of them, I guess it will be an easy choice to pick them up lol
    (8)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    SE: we won't make your spells AoE > here have a new 2 hour to enhance your mostly self target enhancing spells

Idungetit
    (9)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    BST's is absolutely worthless. There is no time I would ever kill a 5 minute recast pet just to get reraise. The only time a BST would need reraise is if he DIDN'T have a pet because the pet is always the center of the enemy's attention.

But if you can use this with a charmed pet and not A jug one, that could turn any potential mob into a win in a pinch. I'm not a BST but you can still call out a Jug pet after the fact couldn't you?
    (3)

Player
    rdm's should have the ability to target others with it's self target buffs at minimum during this. Otherwise it's complete shit, congrats rdm we gave you something a SCH can do every minute...
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    dont know what you guys talking about alot of these 2 hours look hot!. pup smn blu bst rng etc. but iam so looking at that pup. that 2 hours i called for a long time. each pet with own 2 hour. much better then the old one><
    So you're the one to blame for why our new 2hour is WORSE THAN FUCKING OVERDRIVE? Thanks.

Harlequin head: Might Strikes:
    Harlequin is utterly useless after level 10, and it's auto-designated WS is magical damage that can't crit anyway (and it didn't even get a new post 75 cap WS like valoredge and sharpshot), so giving IT mighty strikes is @#%^ing stupid. Even if you can give VE mighty strikes with Harle's head, mix-matching heads for anything but the mage pet is terribad, because it @#%^s with skill levels, AI, WS availability, and attachment set ups. Valoredge is the only puppet that could make proper use of might strikes, because it's WS aren't all terrible. Harle's got 40 less delay, but hits for a lot less, too.

Valoredge Head: Invincible:
    Valoredge is the one puppet that DIDN'T NEED INVINCIBLE, since it's the only puppet that can actually take a goddamn hit, since it's built as sturdy as a pld, but with as much HP as a galka MNK (and is a @#%^ing WARRIOR frame, in spite of it's shield bash, or it would be able to heal itself with cures, instead of the same way a war can, cannibal blade (sanguine blade)). Between it's innate DT- and Stout Servent, the fact that it's a warrior, and not a pld (seriously, shield bash does not make it a pld. It couldn't even use it's shield for anything else until 2011. there's NOTHING pld-esque about valoredge except shieldbash, but there's a dozen different things about that scream warrior), and that harlequin is a mage, and not a warrior, what sort of backwards logic lead them to giving mighty strikes to harlequin?

Sharpshot Head: Eagle Eye Shot
    Eagle Eye Shot on Sharpshot is going to be just as useless as it is on rng, because I doubt it'll be stronger than Armor Shatterer.

Stormwaker Head: Chainspell
    Chainspell is gonna be hit or miss, depending on whether it affects the universal recasts (ie: enhancing, elemental, enfeebling, and healing global recasts) or just casting time, the latter of which is what I'm expecting.

Soulsoother Head: Benediction (Will only affect master and pet)
    Benediction that only applies to the master and the pet is not benediction, but it's the only one that'll get any real use. Soulsoother is our pet that can affect party members, so why would it's 2 hour, and the only useful ability in this bunch, not do that?

Spiritreaver Head: Manafont
    Manafont is absolutely pointless because of the global elemental recast and the fact that we have limitless MP. All this does is let Spiritreaver cast more than 2 nukes before it starts spamming aspir if we let it sit out.

Seriously, do they expect us to switch heads to take advantage of the melee 2hours? If you slap valoredge head on sharpshot, it kills sharpshot's ranged attack speed, lowers its ranged skill, fucks with its attachment slots, and is generally just a terrible idea. Sticking it on the mage frame makes it utterly useless for anything but long-delay cure IV.

SE, you finally had a chance to give us a real 2hour, as opposed to underwhelm (overdrive), and you give us this? Absolutely not. Take this stuff back to the drawing board and start over. Overwhelm is stronger than this, and it's utterly worthless.

This does nothing to fix the fact that all of the puppets except valoredge have terrible survivability. It does nothing to help pup in 2hour heavy zerg situations, where using our puppet still holds us back. All it is some stupid, cutsey shit that they think will appease us and let us recognize that our pets are actually jobs? Hell no.

Honestly, they got bst and pup's 2hours backwards. Pup should have gotten its own rendition of spirit surge (not the useless one bst got, though), since pup is like drg, where the master makes up a larger portion of the damage, while bst should have gotten something like this ghetto astral flow thing, giving different pets specific abilities.

Most of the other abilities are actually useful, though some only situationally, but pup got garbage, to go with the other garbage 2 hour we already had and have been asking to be replaced for years.
    (11)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Looking forward to triple-busting and wasting a 2hr!
    (6)

Character
    Crocker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    BST - Absorbs the pet and recovers both HP and removes status ailments. Also, the player will receive a Reraise effect.

Great another Ability that is like Run Wild. As a BST we hate losing pets for stupid reasons like zoning, connection loss, Run Wild, Voidwatch (Unless that was fixed like the dynamis issue) and now the new 2hr.

If I need Reraise there are items for that and BST gets access to the Twilight Reraise 3 gear.
    Almost all BST sub DNC now so we have access to an Erase!

So here's something that could be fun for a new 2 hour - Calls forth a boss type Familiar - Mini fafnir, mini behemoth, Chloris, ect... Duration 30 mins Monster you get is random. Can not have a normal jug pet out. DOES NOT REQUIRE JUGS!
    (15)
    Last edited by Crocker; 08-01-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast