Page 28 of 112 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast
    Character
    Noirin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    i Honestly love the idea of a new bst 2hr that calls extra mobs for a brief period.maybe they'd stay grouped with your current pet and only assist it, not being controllable by the player.they'd stick around for the duration of the 2hr then at it's end, use their best ready moves [if in combat] then leave. As the idea above me suggested.
    that, or i'd even be ok with like, consuming your pet to call a smaller version of a HNM to assist you for it's duration.
    anything that kills my pet just for buffs? not worth my pet.i do pay for these pets you know.
    (6)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

The Development Team has returned from their summer break and has started preparing their responses in regards to all the feedback we have been receiving on the new 2-hour abilities.

To start off, I like to first share some changes that are being planned.
    • Paladin
      We will be adding the same enmity increase effect as Invincible.
      The reflected damage can be increased via magic attack bonus and shield skill, but as we have seen cases where enemies were resisting it we have decided to increase the rate of accuracy and make adjustments so that it is more difficult to be resisted. We will also be correcting the bug where other effects such as reflected damage from spells would take precedence.

• Beastmaster
      We will be keeping the HP recovery and status ailment recovery as is, but we will be changing the reraise effect to a stoneskin effect. The strength of the stoneskin effect will vary depending on the pet. The idea is that Familiar will increase the pet’s offensive capabilities, while the new 2-hour ability will enhance the master’s defensive capability.

• Samurai
      In exchange for making the effect duration low, we will be making it so that elemental abilities are also evaded.

• Puppetmaster
      The same enmity properties for the player version of Invincible and Benediction will be added.
      (In cases where the head’s respective 2-hour ability will not work due to the combination of head and frame, such as a sharpshot head with a frame other than a sharpshot frame or a stormwaker head with a valoredge frame, we will be making it so Mighty Strikes is used.)

Finally, I have one request when submitting feedback. We have been seeing comments stating that “we don’t want this” and “totally remake it.” Your feedback is something we wish to utilize in our efforts to make the game better, so instead please try to be as specific as you can with how you’d like it aspects to change.
    Did you guys get that post I posted on some alternative BLU 2-hours 1 page prior to this last dev rep post? If not, I implore you to please go back and examine that post.

If you're looking for specific changes to these 2-hours, you don't have to look any further then your own forum:

From the BST fourm, by Lastranger of Fenrir:

a 2 hour effect that grants some % of PTD/MDT or just DT and with higher evasion the normal for short period, meant for those times pet dies when timer to call isnt up.
    As you can tell, this was a suggestion for a master buff. However, considering how imperative it is that a BST pet must live in order to play defensively, it may be desirable for this suggestion be applied to the pet not the master.

Some additional suggestions to pair up with Damage Taken -:

*Double the HP of you or your pet
    *Grant Regen (15-35~/tic depending on pet. Separate from the Regen of Reward) for you or your pet
    *Allow the absorption of damage from the attacks of opponnets. Absorption rate and what element/TP attacks are absorbed depend on monster correlation.

From the RDM forum, from Tyrantsyn of Quetzalcoat:

1: 2 hr duration: honestly 30 to 45 second of improved buff's just doesn't really cry epic 2 hour at all. Basically you rush to get out buffs as fast as possible before the duration end. Having it for such a short time just kind of seem's cheap and kill's the over all utility. Ideally this 2 hour would work better with a 5 to 10 minute duration. Where it could be reapply when necessary til the end of the fight or at least mid way threw the fight.

2: undispel~able: I'm referring the actually spell's and not the 2 hr ability it self. This has been suggested a few time's to add over all bonus to the 2 hour to make it more appealing.

3: Duration increase: I know originally this was just a mis translated but it was a very appealing idea bonus to the ability.

4: It would be idea if the ability double potency on anything it affected. This would bring a lot of demand for the ability in end game content.
    To further narrow this down, it was discussed that:

1*A duration of 3:00 would be sufficient to buff your party. (another suggestion was to keep the duration as it is but as a trade off, allow all spells accessible by RDM to be AoE under the effects of the 2-hour.)

2*The undispellable buffs, a la Embrava, was agreed upon.

3*The duration bonus was agreed upon, so long as it could be balanced with other duration increasing gear/abilities that RDM already receives.

4*One alternative suggestion was to keep the 50%+ potency bonus that the 2-hour already has except in the case where spells only effect yourself. Self target spells would gain 100%+ potency bonus.

So there are some suggestions from the job specific forums on this very website. It only took a few minutes to find a post regarding the 2-hour and a discussion about what would or wouldn't work. FFXIAH, FFXI BG forums and even FFXI Alla are other sites that usually have many users posting their thoughts and suggestions about things like this.

I would suggest FFXIAH especially because a user by the name of Kalilla of Siren posts all of your posts there. So, at a glance, all of you reps can go straight there and get a lot of insight on what people are thinking.

Would it help if we compiled 2-hour and any future ability/spell suggestions in one topic perhaps? Because it's all there if you do some searching around the major FFXI forums.

In any case, you're strongly hinting that you were not aware of possible alternatives that the community has been giving. So, I guess we need to be more clear about that.

So, everyone, if you haven't seen a good or reasonable suggestion for you preferred job/s yet, get those creative brains storming and come up with some things. If that job's community can come to a general consensus, we can add positive, constructive feedback instead of negative, non-constructive "bad idea, don't have a way to fix it, just re-do it" feedback. Which appears to be something the devs need.
    (6)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 08-14-2012 at 02:14 PM.

For the record, To the people complaining about SAM. Read it one more time. (I Know i almost went "What the F**K, They're getting Beefed up Perfect Dodge? WITH A WS BONUS?!?!!?!", But i was wrong

All damage caused by physical special abilities will be evaded. Additionally, weapon skill damage will increase as more special abilities are evaded.
    Its not going to block Physical and magical Attacks, Just Physical and Magical Special Abilities, Weaponskills. Who knows if this will apply to Iron Giant hints and etc, since they're technically WS... If it is, They just got what Perfect Dodge should have been since implementation... If they don't count... Its pretty much "F**k, Chainspell Stun is over and the mobs dead! Why didn't i use my 2hour? Oh Well, use this one!"

And Evade AoEs like a Boss... PS, This will probably make SAM a lot more fun for Arch Dynamis Lord, Considering ADL's biggest sh*t storm is his AoE rape TP moves... Being able to completely avoid them will make SAM ridiculous for ADL fights. You know, at least 1 of them.

Would be nice for some fights.
    (4)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    And Evade AoEs like a Boss... PS, This will probably make SAM a lot more fun for Arch Dynamis Lord, Considering ADL's biggest sh*t storm is his AoE rape TP moves... Being able to completely avoid them will make SAM ridiculous for ADL fights. You know, at least 1 of them.

Would be nice for some fights.
    ridiculous aye but whats to stop players from excluding other jobs in favor of Mass SAM SCH WHM BLM Only spams on it
    (0)

Character
    Jeryhn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Honestly Devs, RDM's new 2-Hour is kinda lame, mostly because all the good RDM buffs as self-cast only. Sure, for an RDM by itself that's great, but when an RDM can't get a party because it doesn't bring anything to the table for the party, that's a problem.

Here's a better idea: What if the new two-hour ability transferred all the RDM's current enhancing magic buffs and their remaining durations over to their party members? Make it stack with the duration effects that Composure and the empyrean armor grants. Imagine it with me for a second Devs:

Being able to grant your party of two-hand damage dealers a lasting duration of Gain-STR, Enspell2, Haste and Temper effects. That group of mages has no worries with Refresh2, Gain-INT, Klimaform and a Storm spell with incredibly long-lasting duration. You could even add Protect, Shell and Reraise effects to the mix for posterity. What RDM needs isn't the ability to further enhance ONLY ITSELF. What RDM needs to make itself relevant again it something to at least pretend it can compete with Embrava. Right here would be a good start.

And for the record, Enspells should also grant an Elemental Affinity buff to make them more useful than simply hitting something with a weapon... a direct damage compliment to a SCH's Storm/Klimaform accuracy deal.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jeryhn; 08-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Jeryhn • Medjai
    JOBS 99: MNK • WHM • BLM • RDM • PLD • DRK • BRD • SMN • BLU • SCH • GEO • RUN
    Missions Complete: San d'Oria 10, Bastok 10, Windurst 10, RoZ, CoP, ToAU, WotG, ACP, AMK, ASA
    Captain • Runic Key • Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮ • Abyssite of the Cosmos

Quote Originally Posted by Raucent View Post
    ridiculous aye but whats to stop players from excluding other jobs in favor of Mass SAM SCH WHM BLM Only spams on it
    Errr.... BLM? You haven't fought ADL have you :P?

But for multiple reasons.

1) Its a 2hour, Meaning 1-hit Wonder.
    2) Most LS's pop multiple ADL's in a single run, So a single run would be about... 10~minutes including TE's and prepping.
    3) Its really a Zerg fest as is, While this new SAM 2hour would make a Single fight probably cake, It won't replace any other DDs indefinitely, as it'd only be good for one fight.

Plus, SCH.. No as well. Really, Its all about BRD, COR, SMN, and mass DD as is (Token THF). This 2hour will be fun for a fight, But its not going to exclude any other jobs in the process. Which is as it should be.

(1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    These 2hrs definitely needs a boost and since they share the same timer SE needs to boost the original 2hrs as well. Drk 2 hrs just seem so lazy, I wish you guys was more creative with the job. Drk need a haste with this 2hr, 30 secs is too short when you have a high delay weapon, all it really takes is a few misses or parries before you lose most of your 2hr time.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Finally, I have one request when submitting feedback. We have been seeing comments stating that “we don’t want this” and “totally remake it.” Your feedback is something we wish to utilize in our efforts to make the game better, so instead please try to be as specific as you can with how you’d like it aspects to change.
    Camate thank you for the update on the happenings with the 2-hour abilities. I was sad to see nothing was said about RDM's ability however.

What to change!

1. I ask for something very simple that should be balanced, please make the effect of the 2-hour last 3~5 minutes, SCH's Tabula Rasa & BRD's Soul Voice are both much like our ability however last much longer right now.

2. Please return the duration increase, and make it 50~100% extra duration for spells cast during this time.

3. Increase the potency for all spells a 50~100% boost across the board.

4. Make Enhancing Magic cast during the effect, unable to be dispelled.

Why it is balanced!

With this, we still have many of our most potent spells such as Gain-Spells and Temper as self cast only, but have more time to buff party members. Balance is easily maintained as even with a Haste that gives 30% Haste, SCH & BRD can beat it. SCH has Embrava, which comes up to 30% Haste if I'm not mistaken, and lasts a max of 12.5 Minutes, which is roughly what the RDM 2-hour would make a RDM's Haste last, however Embrava can also stack with Haste, where as RDM's 2-hour Haste will not be able to stack with yet another haste. BRD also can Soul Voice Marches for a total of 40% Haste, which is yet again better than the double potency of a RDM's Haste, while they also have an ability as SCH does that allows for a double duration effect.

Many of RDM's best spells are self target only, meaning no one outside of the RDM would be getting these effects. Due to RDM being the only one to possibly get them, I think it would be fair for RDM to get an incredible boost in power for a good amount of time from spells like Gain and Temper, as they would be a great amount of DD power to put RDM on the front lines, or to use Gain-INT/MND for amazing nukes/enfeebles due to the higher accuracy. Phalanx would give even more damage mitigation allowing RDM to take more of a hit, another reason why it could be very useful, especially with how hard things hit now days, and if it were put with Phalanx II, you would get around -80 damage on party members with this ability, and with how hard things hit now days, that could be useful, not to mention the super strong effects Protect & Shell would gain.

Last is the un-dispellable Enhancing Magic, the reason for this is because like Embrava, the effect is wasted if a mob removed these. For instance if fighting a dragon they can wipe all buffs with a single TP attack. This alone, make the 2-hour lack balance, as said, a SCH may cast Embrava, something that is not the entirety of the 2-hours abilities, and it can not be dispelled, yet this 2-hour is able to be completely removed, and has no other benefits. Dragons are not the only mobs with this power, many can do it, and it ruins this 2-hour quite a bit if ever this were used on a RDM.

RDM 2-hour Merits?!

We have been told we are going to be able to merit 2-hour abilities, but we have little to no information on anything about it. However some of my suggestions relies on parts of this happening. I figure the Merit 2-hours will be a 3rd category in each jobs merit lists. I also think they will probably work alot like other categories, with 4+ different choices, and upto 10 merits placed into each job. So if this is the case I would like to give you my list of merits for 2-hours I would like to see.

Chainspell - Duration: With each merit, provides a 10% boost to duration. This should stack with the Augmented Duelist's Tabard +2 effect, so normally 1 merit would be +6 seconds of duration, and with this body, 1 merit becomes 8 extra seconds.

Chainspell - Accuracy: With each merit increases magic accuracy by 10 during the effect of Chainspell. This would allow better magic accuracy during Chainspell, so that less nukes, or enfeebles, are resisted during this time.

New 2-hour - Duration: Adds 10% duration to Enhancing Magic cast during the effect of the 2-hour ability for each merit. Earlier in this post I had the duration at +50~100%, that was for this. If this merit is put in, then it would be starting at 50%, and growing to 100% through merits.

New 2-hour - Potency: Adds 10% potency to Enhancing Magic cast during the effect of the 2-hour ability for each merit. Earlier in this post I had the potency at +50~100%, that was for this. If this merit is put in then it would be starting at 50% and growing to 100% through merits.

If this is not the plans for merits!

If merits are not like this we will need a 75~100% boost in duration/potency of spells during this effect, as I showed earlier, it is not unbalanced, many other jobs have effects much like this that are very potent and can even stack with the effect of the original spells, meaning theirs will still be more powerful even.

Please keep in mind, you are asking players to wait 2 whole hours to use these powers again, and 2 of these abilities we already have on other jobs are highly powerful, so much so that they are thought to be the only abilities worth waiting that 2 hours. I think it is fair for RDM to get these buffs, as it would make it a more potent job, and extend its power a little more in a party or solo setting with its various Enhancing Magics.

Thank you for reading!

Thank you for reading my post, and ideas. I hope they are given to the devs, and they can truly be looked over, and possibly implemented for RDM. RDM is my favorite job, but time and time again it feels like since the level cap was raised the job has lost its use, and this new 2-hour has some hope to get it back, but we do need the ability to be better than it is. Please look into this, and do it, so that RDM can have a place again, and so the job doesn't truly die.
    (6)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 08-16-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    make the 2hr timers separate from each other, 2hrs are a fun part of the game its the pinnacle of the job's might and the strongest ability possessed by the job. Its not fair or fun that you make these abilities lackluster and uninteresting, boost the power of the 2hrs, and separate their shared timers
    (0)

Character
    Cyranda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Invincible is pretty good, I played pup for years, I'm happy with the 6 new 2hrs. Plus the automaton is a pet you can't expect the 2hr to be exactly like the original jobs from which they came, that would be ridiculous.
    Why would that be ridiculous? 2-Hour abilities should provide an approximately equal benefit to all jobs. If PUP can only use its 2-Hour just as often as any other job, it should provide exactly the same level of benefit every two hours whether it affects the puppet, the master, both or the party. Why on Earth would it just affecting the puppet be grounds for making it not as good?
    (0)

Page 28 of 112 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast