Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

The Development Team has returned from their summer break and has started preparing their responses in regards to all the feedback we have been receiving on the new 2-hour abilities.

To start off, I like to first share some changes that are being planned.
    • Paladin
      We will be adding the same enmity increase effect as Invincible.
    Unless you tell us that you are revamping the enmity system first, this is virtually useless (please say you are fixing the enmity system).

[*]Samurai
    In exchange for making the effect duration low, we will be making it so that elemental abilities are also evaded.[/list]
    I know some people will be mad, but I like this.

Finally, I have one request when submitting feedback. We have been seeing comments stating that “we don’t want this” and “totally remake it.” Your feedback is something we wish to utilize in our efforts to make the game better, so instead please try to be as specific as you can with how you’d like it aspects to change.
    Some of these look so bad on paper that the only useful advice is to 86 them and start over.

For example, this is just trick attack on a ridiculous timer: Thief - Major damage is dealt to the enemy and all enmity will be transferred to the player standing in front of them.

We shouldn't have to tell you why putting a 1 minute ability on a 2 hour timer is bad, but here you go... This ability can't be used solo. This ability has no purpose in a group setting other than a minor damage spike, because enmity is completely broken. Unless this does huge damage, just the delay from using it will likely negate any added damage.

The only way you could make this good is to either:
    A) make it do like 30,000 damage
    B) fix the enmity system
    C) A & B
    D) start over

I'll get to the other ones when I get bored.
    (21)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 08-14-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    [*]Beastmaster
    We will be keeping the HP recovery and status ailment recovery as is, but we will be changing the reraise effect to a stoneskin effect. The strength of the stoneskin effect will vary depending on the pet. The idea is that Familiar will increase the pet’s offensive capabilities, while the new 2-hour ability will enhance the master’s defensive capability.
    I'm sorry, but whoever is developing this 2 hour ability does not know how people play BST.
    Sacrificing your pet is the WORST thing you can do to be "Defensive".
    There is no way being cured and given stoneskin will be worth it. The reraise, which was already a terrible effect, is actually better than stoneskin.
    Sadly I cannot suggest a better 2 hour, but if you want a defensive 2 hour, the pet cannot be sacrificed without giving the master objectively broken bonuses.

Also, I have a thread about the Dancer 2 hour here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-Hour-Feedback
    It has some ideas, but overall can help understand why this 2 hour will also rarely be used, and is not worth a 2 hour cooldown.
    I hope the DEV team will consider the fact that 2 hour abilities need to be STRONG, or even close-to-broken [like some of them ARE] to be worth using, because they are things you cannot use very often in most cases. Most of these 2 hours are underwhelming, especially since they share the same cooldown as the old 2 hours, which, most are better.
    (18)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Greetings!

The Development Team has returned from their summer break and has started preparing their responses in regards to all the feedback we have been receiving on the new 2-hour abilities.

• Paladin
      We will be adding the same enmity increase effect as Invincible.
      The reflected damage can be increased via magic attack bonus and shield skill, but as we have seen cases where enemies were resisting it we have decided to increase the rate of accuracy and make adjustments so that it is more difficult to be resisted. We will also be correcting the bug where other effects such as reflected damage from spells would take precedence.

• Beastmaster
      We will be keeping the HP recovery and status ailment recovery as is, but we will be changing the reraise effect to a stoneskin effect. The strength of the stoneskin effect will vary depending on the pet. The idea is that Familiar will increase the pet’s offensive capabilities, while the new 2-hour ability will enhance the master’s defensive capability.

• Samurai
      In exchange for making the effect duration low, we will be making it so that elemental abilities are also evaded.

• Puppetmaster
      The same enmity properties for the player version of Invincible and Benediction will be added.
      (In cases where the head’s respective 2-hour ability will not work due to the combination of head and frame, such as a sharpshot head with a frame other than a sharpshot frame or a stormwaker head with a valoredge frame, we will be making it so Mighty Strikes is used.)

Finally, I have one request when submitting feedback. We have been seeing comments stating that “we don’t want this” and “totally remake it.” Your feedback is something we wish to utilize in our efforts to make the game better, so instead please try to be as specific as you can with how you’d like it aspects to change.
    We beastmasters, and yes I think I speak for all of us, want an ability that does not sacrifice our pet. The benefits from this 2hr are lackluster enough, but adding the loss of a pet to this ability just makes it all out undesirable. Truth be told I can't think of another 2hr that comes at a cost, (the closest thing is the mp cost for Astral Flow) and that is how it should be. These are supposed to be powerful abilities that are designed to turn the tides of battle, but this feels like a trade, not a boon. All the other 2hrs come without cost. Why is this one treated so differently?
    (10)

Character
    Shokox
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Greetings!

[*]Beastmaster

Not sure if want 100%. If the vision is to enhance the master's defensive capability, please add a few more effects, such as a semi potent Regen and Defense Boost (or Phalanx effect). The Reraise status remaining would also be a nice touch as well.

In a perfect world, BST would be just fine receiving something very similar to DRG's Spirit Surge as well.
    (1)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoko View Post
    Not sure if want 100%. If the vision is to enhance the master's defensive capability, please add a few more effects, such as a semi potent Regen and Defense Boost (or Phalanx effect). The Reraise status remaining would also be a nice touch as well.

In a perfect world, BST would be just fine receiving something very similar to DRG's Spirit Surge as well.
    Even with all of those things, and NOT sacrificing the pet, this 2 hour would still be horrid.
    (9)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Chillo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    [*]Beastmaster

If the idea is to make a defensive BST 2-hour then why would we get rid of our pet? Why not completely get rid of the whole sacrifice our pet thing in exchange for a Divine Seal + Afflatus Solace type Reward. Have the two-hour use up a Pet Food, have it double the amount healed along with a potent Stoneskin for the pet. The strength of Stoneskin and Healing depending on the Pet Food you use. I just don't see any BST ever using this new 2-hour. If we're sacrificing our Pet for HP the Stoneskin won't really be needed because what BST isn't going to just Call Beast + Snarl right after?
    (8)

Player
    What the hell at sam lol? So they basically get a better version of invincible? One that increases their WS damage with every attack evaded, both magic and physical? Uh . . . ?

Also duration of RNG 2-hour needs to be increased, or it needs to enhance true shot or something. The only time I ever see myself using it is during a zerg, and as crappy as EES is, the new 2-hour will not outparse a 7k EES during a zerg.
    (5)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Greetings!

• Beastmaster

--------------------------------
    I don't even play BST myself, but I could think of a dozen other 2hr concepts that would make a BST possibly use the new ability and be happy about it.
    • New BST 2hour - Pet Calls for Help:
      Give BST the same HP recovery and status ailment recovery stuff, reraise/stoneskin er whatever, but allow them to keep their pet while adding 2 more additional pets when their pet "Calls for Help!" The 2 additional pets will appear instantly once the pet calls for them and begin to attack the targeted enemy until finally using their most powerful TP move before disappearing at the end of the ability duration. The pet remains afterwards to continue battling the targeted enemy.

(19)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    aye it seems a tad ridiculous SE is giving SAM in essence Invincible +1 and an attack boost all in one
    other jobs 2 hrs are lackluster at best.

The new 2hr's need to at least be on par with current ones to even be considered usable
    DRK atm still seems like it will be SEBW Zerg vs En-ABS-TP for maybe 4 swings with scythe/GS
    RDM unless the enhancing buff is Tremendous what benefit is there to it compared to chain-stun or cure bomb
    BST.... i don't know what the thought is on the idea, the pet is realistically their best offense AND their defense
    THF ... A 2hr that is utterly useless solo, enough said. if they want to give THF a DD ability I'd say leave the dmg spike but the enmity can Either go to the person in front of them or the THF themselves, which would at least make it have a solo use
    BRD MNK WHM seems like they are at least useful
    SAM seems a bit much evade physical and elemental tp moves AND an attack boost for every move evaded... (did you forget about Ironclads or other TP style attack only mobs?)
    COR ... 2 hr ability for a 3rd phantom roll ... or a chance at restoring every ones 2 hr i'd probably choose the latter
    DNC I don't use often enough to make a call
    WAR in essence Formless Strikes
    DRG several times it has been mentioned there are now several options to keep the wyvern up but what good is that if the DRG is dead
    SCH with current battle strategies players will probably 99% of the time choose Embrava
    PLD as mentioned enmity system needs an Overhaul
    BLM basically seems like they are being given a 2hr cooldown of enmity douse -_-
    SMN seems very potent
    NIN seems OK
    RNG I don't use often enough but almost anything seems like it would beat EES
    BLU could be useful (may want to add more spells to unbridled for more options)
    PUP a lot of the options seem very potent for the frame but I rarely use PUP so not the best to offer an opinion
    (2)
    Last edited by Raucent; 08-14-2012 at 11:39 AM.

10. 08-14-2012 11:42 AM

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I think at this point the best, most specific feedback I can think of is...

Postpone the release of these abilities, and yes, completely rework the majority of them. There's just so much dissatisfaction with these 2 hour abilities and the dev's offering the excuse that "Well *we* think these abilities are useful in certain situations, and we'll update them/boost the power of them with merits at a later date" would be a complete cop-out on their part, as well as showing that no, they don't actually care about real creative feedback from players other than "This has a bug - fix it!" And I get that the dev's need to have their own plans and not bend to every whim of the playerbase, but when literally every BST, RDM, THF, DNC, and more are saying "NO! This will not work!" then it's time to scrap your work and go back to the drawing board.

Take some time, really listen to what the playerbases are suggesting, and add in some truly epic new 2 hours worthy of the 10th year anniversary, and learn from your past. What good is rushing out content to meet a deadline going to do you if nobody likes what you rushed out in the first place?
    (12)

Page 27 of 112 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast