Page 24 of 112 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Saddest part isn't that the majority of these abilities should be standard JAs...

It's that they don't know that they should be standard JAs.
    (8)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    elemental seal effects accuracy only. (save mythic use) +30 i think it was. NOT a crit. no +dmg. just adds to our chances to NOT get resisted. (but a choice between 30 acc and 30 mab /em drools) ... I overreacted. this blm 2 hr is ... meh.. I don't see me using it over manafont... ever, if i have my manawall ready to go but, it's not as bad as some other jobs.

And with as much respect as I can muster, I appoligize Main blu's for attacking your ubber cool job. (I'm still gonna insist ya'll know what I'm talking about though.... -.- )
    (1)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Just gonna add some stuff:
    Harlequin head's mighty strikes does not influence sharpshot's ranged attacks in any way. This includes both regular ranged attacks, and its ranged ws (so in other words, no forced 4crit hit armor shatterers). It does, however, work on melee ws like expected (bone crusher went from ~500 to ~1200 with 50% crit damage, both ws done against the same mangey-tailed marvin, and had identical 11% TP returns; Thanks to Balloon for testing that one, and armor shatterer out).

Also, the random +6 damage that gets tacked on to EES is odd; I played with the other frames, since they can use EES atm, and stormwaker got the expected result (-6 /4 fit), but both valoredge and harlequin ended up being divisible by 4 without needing to subtract 6, but gave the expected results based on their stats aside from that.
    (1)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    At some point I had a little hope for these new..."2Hr" abilities, but when I saw:

these new 2-hour abilities will share the recast timers of the original 2-hour abilities, so players can choose which one to use based on the situation.
    I pretty much gave up. Many if not all of the originals are superior to these still, given the fact that the new ones are still undergoing tweaks and such. But let's be a bit more realistic here, there is no reason to choose the second 2Hrs over the first at the current state you have them in. Course with acception to SMN, RNG, PUP?, and a couple others... Why give PLDs another version of Reprisal/Palisade instead of a way to completely nullify, say Magic damage? Some PLD have Aegis, some have Ochain, and some have neither.

Although some also have an itching to deal some damage etc. if the occasion calls for it, but really just making a point that there needs to be a good enough reason to want to choose the second 2Hr over the first. That or remove the shared timer penalty...but I'd prefer a more useful 2Hr in all honest.
    (0)

Happy Monday and I hope that everyone had an enjoyable weekend!

There is still so much feedback coming in about the new 2-hour abilities and we are doing our best to pass all of it on to the Development Team! However, the team will actually be on summer vacation this week, so we expect responses to feedback to be delayed a bit. We are hoping to be able to give some dev. responses next week regarding the 2-hour abilities.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

There is still so much feedback coming in about the new 2-hour abilities and we are doing our best to pass all of it on to the Development Team! However, the team will actually be on summer vacation this week, so we expect responses to feedback to be delayed a bit. We are hoping to be able to give some dev. responses next week regarding the 2-hour abilities.
    WTF is summer vacation?
    <------- Jealous, wants summer vacation too.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Camate thank you for letting us know about the delay. Please do your best to make them aware of just how the player base feels about these abilities upon their return. I think it has been made clear in this thread that many are not happy with the abilities, and they are seen as very lack luster for the time, especially compared to other abilities added to 2-hours as of recent years.
    (9)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    A few things:
    WAR - Lasts 45 seconds and doesn't work on WS damage. This has to be changed if you ever want it to be competitive with Mighty Strikes. I'm not sure I can think of a single situation where this would be superior to using Mighty Strikes. If a difficult monster (like Paramount Botulus) takes 50% damage from physical attacks, this would double the melee damage of the player (but not affect WS damage). He's also a high level enemy, so critical hits are valuable against it and approximately double the damage of the player (and also affect WS damage). These are just made up, but considering the proportion of WAR's damage that comes from WSs, the monster would have to have something like 90% resistance to damage before the current 2-hour is worth using over Mighty Strikes.

RDM - As mentioned in the notes, Gain spells do not work with it. Barfire actually does, so I'm not sure what that note was about (perhaps Barstatus spells?) More importantly, though, this 2-hour does nothing to help RDM in the long term. I could recommend suggestions for it that would improve the 2-hour, but really the RDM job just needs to be fixed and then you need to design a suitable second 2-hour.

DNC - I was initially excited about this 2-hour, but then I realized how it actually works. This either needs a much longer duration (~5 minutes) or to reduce Flourish recasts while the 2-hour is up, similar to how Trance affects Waltzes. Giving all the Flourishes a 6 second recast would be nice, but 4 seconds would be much better even.

The way it is now, you're looking at 2 Reverse Flourishes and one Climactic Flourish during its duration that you don't need to get FMs for. Ideal usage would be something like:
    Climactic -> Evisceration -> No Foot Rise -> Reverse -> Rudra's (darkness) -> 2-hour -> Reverse -> Rudra's (double darkness) -> TP back up to 100 TP -> Climactic -> Rudra's -> Reverse -> Rudra's (darkness) -> 2-hour wears off.

You're basically using your 2-hour for two extra WSs and a skillchain, which dramatically reduces the usefulness of this 2-hour when you're doing things in a party. Also, the value of this 2-hour is much less for people that don't have a Twashtar.

Kind of a side note because I've almost abandoned the category entirely, but Flourishes I isn't very useful with this. Violent (oops, missed) -> 2-hour -> Violent takes too long and the spell or monster WS has already gotten off and killed you. JA delay strikes again.
    (11)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    WTF is summer vacation?
    <------- Jealous, wants summer vacation too.
    Heh, you know that Summerfest event going on in game right now? It's basically timed to Japanese Obon time. This is a TERRIBLE time of year to travel there, everyone is going home to see family. (Note I too, would like a week off in August, oh and a Golden Week in the spring, I would be a-ok with that as well!)
    (2)

Player
    WAR's 2hr is alot like Spirit Surge in that it's a shorter duration version of another job's ability.

Warrior's New 2hr has the same effect as Formless Strikes, except it's a 2 hour recast/45second duration vs 5min recast/3 minute duration.
    Similar to how
    Spirit Surge's 25% Haste boost is a 2hr recast/60 second duration compared to Last Resort+Desperate Blows which is a 5min recast/3min duration.
    DRG's new 2hr needs to reset Call Wyvern to 0 because even though the wyvern doesnt die directly anymore from large attacks, the DRG still does, which causes us to lose the pet when we die. Many times a DRG will run into a fight and die from some instant death move or crazy strong AoE attack or spell and then no wyvern for 20minutes. So despite the increase to wyvern durability and healing options with spirit link, none of that prevents the wyvern's master from dying easily. No other job in the entire game faces a penalty that harsh even after weakness wears off where they lose a huge aspect of their job for such a long time. Other jobs can die amidst a difficult battlefield like Legion and be raised up and within 5 minutes are back to full fighting potential. If a DRG had his wyvern called and dies in the middle of a legion fight and is raised, he's still severely hampered by the fact that he has to wait another 15-20minutes for his wyvern. Letting us restore Call Wyvern's recast by using the new 2hr with the wyvern out would help for these situations.
    (4)

Page 24 of 112 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast