Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The DRK one could be hit or miss depending on duration if its just an ABS-TP for lets say 30 secs like Blood weapon it'll seem very meh but if it lasts as long as say Mighty Strikes it will be a great addition.

SAM if i am reading it correctly seems like an Invincible+ an attack boost
    (2)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    What an insult to my Ochain! How about some damage or enmity control instead? Don't we already have Reprisal? This is just adding a duplicate of that spell in job-ability form. Even for non-relic paladins, having more shield block is going to do nothing when the mob is facing the thf or the mnk or the [insert fast melee job here]... please understand my good intentions with this feedback

Please don't let pld become more and more useless ...
    What I would have liked:

Provocation

Targets rage is totally locked on the PLD for the duration of this ability (at least 30 seconds), keep the increased chance to block and damage reflection and it would at least be useful.
    (3)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavik View Post

SMN The recast time of both summoning magic and Blood Pacts will become 0 while under the effect of the ability.

^-- Overpowered a tad.
    Then take Chainspell away from RDM while you're at it, that's all this is, A SMN version of Chainspell.
    (0)
    Last edited by Teraniku; 08-03-2012 at 01:46 AM.

It really is just SMN's chainspell, It'll still cost a fkton of MP to blow the BP's off, and there's still the 3-4 Seconde Charge time each Avatar has on BP's.

It'll be a nice ability for sure, but overpowered? F**k no, Unless you wanna get into Victory Smite, Ukko's Fury, Mighty Strikes + Upheaval, Etc etc etc, because those are significantly more broken than this new SMN 2hour, and they can (Bar MS/Up) be used on command by any player with a iota of dedication.
    (5)

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    I enjoy that everything on this list will be good or bad based on implementation and situation of use, but people are taking it as bad news.
    There is no implementation and situation of use that could possibly save most of this trash. A few, sure, depending on damage dealt, duration of the 2hr, but overall this is garbage.

Especially if a couple of them turn out to be decent while the rest get shafted.
    (0)

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As a long time DRG, I see the new two hour as the wyvern evolution I recall seeing rather frequently, just without giving us a full on Wyrm. This also all depends on the buffs it's supposed to get. It could be great, but as of right now, it seems like Spirit Link +1. I do see some potential here, as I am resistant to use Spirit Surge because it means I lose the Jump TP bonus on spirit and soul jumps.

SAM's 2hr seems amazing, one of the best laid out so far, rivaled only by the SMN one. In a zerg, (Provenence Watcher comes to mind) you're going to have more tp accumulation that really Meikyo would just be a drop in the bucket. But this 2hr grants immunity to all physical tp moves from the mob, so in a sense SAM gets a mini invincible. Top that off with any mob spamming TP during the duration of this new 2hr directly impacts your WS damage. SAM again gets a lot of love from the devs -- not that I'm complaning.

NIN for me is where the question of a shared timer becomes key. Because I love Mijin. The ability to erase weakness is invaluable. I always like to have it strategically available for just in case shit hits the fan. But if the 2hr timers are linked, I would question as to why I would blow that recast on something I already have every 5 minutes, and my utsu macro has already made my recast 23~24 seconds with haste. Assuming it stacks, 12 second utsusemi: ni would be great, but you already have 5 shadows that offer a lot of protection from single attacks. AoE attacks render this point moot regardless. Unless the intent here is for NINs to spam the elemental wheel again, but why? 100% Ninja tool expertise? okay... in two hours solo in dynamis I only manage to use an average of 30-40 shihei with Augmented Koga +2 and 1 point in NTE. If the concern was tool conservation, they shoulda left 100% NTE on Yonin. I don't really see a point to a defensive 2hr for NIN. We already have two A- defensive skills, which personally provide me with a lot of attack negation overall, an amazing parry stance, and access to LOADS of evasion gear. Couple that with 4/5 Shadows, this new 2hr is incredibly redundant. Same with PLD, any serious PLD already has an Ochain or at least plans on making one. I mean most of these seem to be a reshuffling of 2hr assignments (DRG gets Famliar, BST gets Spirit Surge, SMN gets Meikyo/Chainspell, THF gets EES, SAM gets Invincible, PUP gets 6 more choices in 2hrs). Why couldn't we just get a form of Mighty Strikes to give us some use in a zerg or something, like while shadows are up.

Some of the other ones are a bit interesting; DRK in particular. Revival of the KC zerg? Imagine if this takes the amount of TP on a 1:1 damage. The mob could potentially be neutered in terms of TP spamming. If these new 2hrs do not share timers you could start with BW and end with the new 2hr and could fit within a Souleater time frame.

SCH would be benefit from separate timers as well, because as stated by everyone here, who would chose anything over Embrava? On fights where PLDs are needed he could potentially never lose hate. One thing that saddens me though is I see no place for a RDM in a large party situation.
    (1)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    For what it's worth, I see absolutely no problems with Chain-Summon.

I actually have more (logistic) problems with Blood Pacts not working with Chainspell for technically not being considered Magic, but SE seems to have done their darndest to adapt themselves around that over the years (Summoning Magic skillups, Blood Boon, and everything in-between) rather than change it, perhaps culminating in this new 2-hour.

(Yeah, yeah, "Who would want RDM to Chainspell gimped Blood Pacts?" If we can do something equally stupid like Chainspell Bard Songs, I see no reason whatsoever why not.)
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    BST's sounds so barbaric. ABSORB our pet?! Uwah... better hope the Vana'diel PETA doesn't hear about this...
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    So trick attack on a 2 hour timer? what did I ever do to you?
    I'm just happy it isn't TH-related.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Let's see, just going through my jobs:

BLM - Meh. This would have to be completely hate free for at least 60 seconds to be useful at all. We already have Enmity Douse to correct overnuking issues, and we can do that every 10 mins.

RDM - Don't get me started. As people here have said, if you're going to make RDM an enhancer now, then you need to give us more targeted spells. En-, better Phalanx, Temper, better Haste, Gain spells, etc.

BST - Utter crap. Reraise and an Erase by consuming a pet when 99% of BST's sub WHM or DNC? Are you kidding me?

RNG - The distance modifier is already negated for accuracy under Sharpshot, so this only affects damage? If you can't correct your distance for optimal damage within 2 seconds you shouldn't be playing RNG. And unless the effect lasts for 10 mins or more, the doesn't consume ammo effect is a joke, especially to those that merited Recycle.

BLU - If the duration is decent and spells are fixed this may actually be somewhat useful.

Final Grade: D

Most of these I wouldn't use as a 5 minute ability much less a 2hr. I really expected more out of this. And if these are merited, I'd max out Scavenge recast before spending merits on most of these.
    (0)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast