Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1118
    Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    I don't normally say this, but you've got to cut the devs some slack on the Meikyo Shisui one. If you think about how mobs perform tp moves it would be very difficult to program the Meikyo Shisui as an actual "buff." It would seemingly require a complete recoding of mob's tp mechanisms because they don't "normally" use their tp moves as soon as they have 100 tp, unless their hp is below 25%. You'd have to create a check of some sort, if mob has Meikyo Shisui then use tp move if tp is over 100. However, I'm sure with SE's programming, this would require a reprogramming of every mob that uses Meikyo Shisui.
    Yes, but they knew all this when they decided on the effect for the THF SP2, and they went ahead with it anyway. And it's not as if they were slacking on WAR or something that's a very strong job already, THF is at the bottom of the barrel and needs all the help it can get.
    (5)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah, I'm thinking this would have to be a "Steal all Buffs" including certain SP moves that give some sort of enhancement status.

To just steal one enhancement efffect is pretty underwhelming. Especially since aurasteal can take two (and other REGULAR spells and abilities for BLU and DRK etc).

As the list of SP abilities this ability CAN'T steal seems to get longer as the days go by....come on, devs. Give us something worthwhile here.
    (5)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    Yes, but they knew all this when they decided on the effect for the THF SP2, and they went ahead with it anyway. And it's not as if they were slacking on WAR or something that's a very strong job already, THF is at the bottom of the barrel and needs all the help it can get.
    And then they decided that even though most SP1 abilities can't be stolen, that SP2 abilities would also be excluded from this.

Do they really just sit around and have "lol @ THF meetings" when they think up this garbage?

[Retarded monkey in charge of THF updates]: "We'll give them Aurasteal -1 ...BUT...once every seven years they can steal mighty strikes from some NM in Legion!"

[Everyone in meeting] "YES! GENIUS! BRAVO!"

[Guy in the back]: "This SP2 is too powerful for lolTHF. Make sure it steals less buffs than Aurasteal currently... and make sure it doesn't work on most SP1 abilites. ESPECIALLY SAM's 2 SP1. God have mercy on your pathetic souls if it works on SAM's SP1! Also, give it a bug or something that prevents it form working with a full inventory and never get around to fixing it."
    (5)
    Last edited by Nebo; 11-27-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    SE pretty much confirmed THF`s SP2 is as crap as I originally thought. Most of the 2hr`s can't be stolen since they're instant anyway, only DD one really is MS, the rest are just time savers, like invincible, perfect dodge etc. May as well have just given us mighty strikes as an SP2 at this point.
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    LOL no surprise here. As a SCH I'm definitely no stranger to "Here's a cool ability . . . except we're specifically excluding half of what it should work with."

THFs will be lucky to be able to steal Manafont by the time this is implemented.
    (5)

Player
    The inability to steal Meikyo Shisui isn't intentional and I half-expected it, but still, this development makes things look more and more bleak for the Thief SP. It's still possible to steal Paramount Gallu's Mighty Strikes so it's not like the most profound use for this new SP has changed, but the other situations it can be used in are ever-shrinking.

Would simply making it "Steal all buffs!"; or at least "Steal one buff and dispel all other buffs."; or "Steal one buff and inflict Amnesia briefly."; or "Dispel any and all SP's that have a buff effect on monsters, even if they can not be stolen, such as the new SP's." really hurt the Development Bros that badly in their tender Development-Parts?
    (6)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Due to the fact that the Meikyo Shisui used by enemies is processed in a special way, it is not possible to steal this special ability.
    Makes it sound intentional. Either way, they knew this before implementation and they still went with it.
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello!

This is actually just a bug and it will be corrected so that the timer is reset.

While I am here, I would also like to pass on some other information regarding the new special abilities:
    Hey Camate, I and many other bst are glad to hear it. Also, thanx for pretending this was a reply to me . I read the Japanese posts several hours before the translation was ready. There was also a nice polite reply to Zaraki's request to even out the recast a bit for the bst sp2. The reply was politely saying "We don't want animations to overlap each other cuz it would look funny." Which is a really silly reply. Some ready moves are great and you can recast the ready move every 4~5 seconds, but others, like Wild carrot have a full 10 second delay in how long it takes.

I really don't think it would be a problem if the animations overlapped. Most players are swapping so much gear that WS animations are hugely delayed anyway. Especially when you do another JA right after the animation. Also, any /dnc has samba/waltz/jib/step overlap each other all the time.
    (4)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12
    People are really gonna complain about fukkin Meikyo? Really Bro?
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Return1 View Post
    People are really gonna complain about fukkin Meikyo? Really Bro?
    If it was just Meikyo, probably not. But its just another thing to add to the list.

Doesn't work on SP2.

Doesn't work on most SP1.

Only steals one Enhancement effect when Aurasteal already steals 2.

Hearing more negatives isn't helping...and knowing SE, we haven't heard the last of them yet.
    (6)
    Last edited by Nebo; 11-27-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast