Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1118
    Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Hey Camate could you please ask the devs to expand on the SCH new 2hr. As I'm reading now, it pretty much is an AoE enmity Douse. I mean it is a good ability and all but...DDs cap hate extremely fast. So all the hate from this ability will be given to the tank...who is already capped hate... so his hate won't change, just everyone else will be lowered.

Suggestions to make SCH new 2hr better:
    Suggestion 1: Directs all enmity from party members to target AND prevents party member actions from increasing hate for 30 seconds.

Suggestion 2: Directs all enmity from party members to target AND all generated enmity by the party for the next 30 seconds will be given to the target.

With this 2hr, it seemed that you were trying to revive your idea of sch being able to help control the hate flow if the battle.(animus spells and libra) That was an interesting concept, but if you are going to go that route again please don't do it half-heartedly like the animus spells. Please make more potent the animus spells(IE decay of CE and VE) and give sch more hate controlling abilities. The sch forums are filled with tons of ideas regarding this.

Edit 2; Just thought of a cool idea to make this be used strategically

-Give PLD an ability that increases the hate cap on a monster for everyone in attacking said monster by the amount of hate the PLD can generate in 30 seconds.
    How this would work:
    -Everyone has capped hate and hate is bouncing around.
    -PLD pops new ability, everyone stays at orginally cap hate, PLD increases his hate to a new cap.
    -PLD is capped at new cap, ability wears off, everyone else builds from old cap to new cap based on how much hate the pld was able to build in the 30 second window.

this would work well with sch new 2hr, because if used with this pld ability, pld hate cap will increase five fold, giving lots of leeway. Thus having everyone initially at capped hate has strategic value.

I know it seems overpowered, but if you are really going with the sch = hate control route again... SCH + PLD combo should = PLD never looses hate if played right(unless he dies)...as it should be. This should also be the case with PLD and THF, but I don't know enough about thf to go into further details. Perhaps the combo for never loosing hate should be PLD SCH THF, thf needs more strategic purpose.
    (3)
    Last edited by Pebe; 11-27-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Please + this post if you aggree.

Although the New Bst SP 2 ability is a really great ability, There is a small change which would be very good.

Currently, the special ability does NOT reset Call Beast Recast timer.
    What it does is prevent the recast timers from activating at all.
    This is just right for spamming the moves AFTER you use the special ability, but there is a scenario which will cause this special ability to be largely wasted.

I use Call Beast and right away use the special ability. I will still be able to use many ready moves, but I will NOT be able to change to another Called Beast. The call beast timer is Down, and it will not be back until long after the special ability has expired.

It would be best if using the SP2 for bst also reset the timers when you use it.
    This is actually just a bug and it will be corrected so that the timer is reset.

While I am here, I would also like to pass on some other information regarding the new special abilities:
    • Paladin
      Depending on the type of shield there will be different damage bonuses, and Aegis has been set to deal the most damage. While the damage comparison may be a bit different, it’d be easier understand this by thinking that it is similar to Shield Bash. However, this special ability is treated differently than Shield Bash, so bonuses granted from any Shield Bash enhancements will not be factored in.

• Thief
      A Japanese player who was testing out thief’s new special ability reported that they were unable to steal Meikyo Shisui and was curious if this was a bug or not.

Due to the fact that the Meikyo Shisui used by enemies is processed in a special way, it is not possible to steal this special ability. The reason for this is that when a monster uses Meikyo Shisui there is no enhancement status, it is only processed as the monster can do X amount of weapon skills after it is executed. Astral Flow also falls into the same category as this, and neither of these abilities can be stolen off of monsters.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Would it be possible to add a special function to the new THF SP that would make it gain Meikyo Shisui when used on a SAM mob shortly after the mob 2houred? I realize this isn't the same as stealing the ability, but more like copying it.

Naturally, I absolutely do want the THF ability to steal 2hours, but I was thinking that in the case where stealing the 2h is impossible, the thf could instead copy it, as a special feature of the new SP. Perhaps it could also work for some of the instant activation 2hours. If you used the SP steal feature within 5 seconds of an enemy using Benediction, the THF would instantly perform benediction as well.

That aside, I also have another question. In the case that the THF uses this ability on an enemy that does not have any SP abilities active, would it be possible to make it so that the THF steals more than just a single buff? I know I've asked this before, but I don't think there has been an answer to that. Considering 2hours are very powerful compared to a lot of other buffs, I think it would be fair to be able to steal several other buffs whenever no SP buff was active.

Naturally, there should be a limit to how many buffs you'd be able to steal. What about making the THF steal buffs with decreasing accuracy for each stolen buff when there is no 2hour to steal? The first steal attempt would be 100% success rate, the next would be 90%, then 80, 70, 60% etc. Whenever it failed, it would stop attempting to steal additional buffs.

Or you could just make it simpler and have the THF steal half of the enemy's active buffs in the case of no 2hour to steal, rounding up.
    (8)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Thief
    A Japanese player who was testing out thief’s new special ability reported that they were unable to steal Meikyo Shisui and was curious if this was a bug or not.

Due to the fact that the Meikyo Shisui used by enemies is processed in a special way, it is not possible to steal this special ability. The reason for this is that when a monster uses Meikyo Shisui there is no enhancement status, it is only processed as the monster can do X amount of weapon skills after it is executed. Astral Flow also falls into the same category as this, and neither of these abilities can be stolen off of monsters. [/list]
    LOL This ability has crap written all over it.
    (7)

Character
    Noirin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm sadly starting to agree here. Astral Flow seemed like one of the BIG 2hr's you'd bring a THF to steal, just in case things are taking a turn for the worst.

Meikyo, at least for me, isn't that big of an issue compared to it.
    (7)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah, between the fact that the new THF SP2 can't steal other SP2s, can't steal instant SP1s, and now we find out that it can't steal Astral Flow and Meikyo Shisui, that's really not leaving much. Even of the SP1s that can be stolen, Invincible and Perfect Dodge can be waited out and won't kill you anyway. The ability really seems to need a little extra something at this point.

Oh yeah, and RDM still sucks.
    (9)

Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12
    Meikyo would be pretty subpar on THF and AF is pretty easily avoided as is. Not that big a deal.
    (1)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    THF SP2 ability has had potential for some situational tactical uses, but at this point, between it being able to not steal anything and still activate recast timer, no control of what 'normal' buff you steal and not working on almost HALF of SP1 abilities in the game (Benediction, Mijn Gakure, Meikyo, Eagle Eye and so on) it looks not very thought out from developer side. You'll need to sit down and have an honest look at it.

Also, Red Mage still useless.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Player
    I don't normally say this, but you've got to cut the devs some slack on the Meikyo Shisui one. If you think about how mobs perform tp moves it would be very difficult to program the Meikyo Shisui as an actual "buff." It would seemingly require a complete recoding of mob's tp mechanisms because they don't "normally" use their tp moves as soon as they have 100 tp, unless their hp is below 25%. You'd have to create a check of some sort, if mob has Meikyo Shisui then use tp move if tp is over 100. However, I'm sure with SE's programming, this would require a reprogramming of every mob that uses Meikyo Shisui.

I'm sure Astral Flow works similarly, the mob doesn't actually gain a buff, the avatar is just programmed to use its respective 2-hour whenever the dust cloud goes off for X minutes.

That said, it would be nice if the THF SP2 inflicted the mob with an amnesia of some sort so the proceeding effects of the mob's SP1 fail. It's not like a THF would actually have any use for astral flow, but the ability to prevent a mob from using it would be very valuable.
    (7)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    I don't normally say this, but you've got to cut the devs some slack on the Meikyo Shisui one. If you think about how mobs perform tp moves it would be very difficult to program the Meikyo Shisui as an actual "buff." It would seemingly require a complete recoding of mob's tp mechanisms because they don't "normally" use their tp moves as soon as they have 100 tp, unless their hp is below 25%. You'd have to create a check of some sort, if mob has Meikyo Shisui then use tp move if tp is over 100. However, I'm sure with SE's programming, this would require a reprogramming of every mob that uses Meikyo Shisui.

I'm sure Astral Flow works similarly, the mob doesn't actually gain a buff, the avatar is just programmed to use its respective 2-hour whenever the dust cloud goes off for X minutes.

That said, it would be nice if the THF SP2 inflicted the mob with an amnesia of some sort so the proceeding effects of the mob's SP1 fail. It's not like a THF would actually have any use for astral flow, but the ability to prevent a mob from using it would be very valuable.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, stealing Astral Flow wasn't really ever my dream, just saying there is too much [FAIL] written on what Developers are intending to implement. Could add amnesia, as suggested, could disable monster's 2-hour before it activating (think Pawn's Penumbra from Provenance crutaes) or something else, so that when you use this new ability it doesn't heel like a waste of space half of the time. "Half of the time it works every time", haha
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast