Character
    Dethard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Will there be charmable mobs in new areas

Can the Dev's let us know if mobs in the new areas due for release next year will be charmable?

If there are no mobs in these areas that can be charmed then can I suggest that SE takes a serious look at BST and rework it so that all the abilities relating to charming mobs can have some other use.

As it stands at the moment majority of are skills are useless while using a jug pet and a lot of our equipment is geared towards CHR which does not benefit us in any way.
    (4)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Even if there are charmable mobs in new areas all the latest abilities Beastmaster has received relate to Jug Pets. Even our new gimpy 2 hour doesn't work with charmed mobs. Personally I'd be cautious in asking abilities to be reworked as lately SE have given us the TH nerf, the TH+ gear mix up, Run Wild, and then this new 2-Hour that kills off out pets. They have given us Spur witch is decent and Snarl which is amazing but you should remember none of these abilities work with charmed pets.

I do agree that it would be nice to have Charm, Gauge, and Tame worked into Jug Pets. Gauge having a Libra like effect or to tell us something about the Mob we wouldn't normally know would be brilliant. As for Charm and Tame Beastmasters are supposed to be able to commune with mobs, effects relating to that fact on Charm and Tame while we have a Jug Pet would be quite awesome and flavorful. But on the other hand if there indeed was Charmable mobs in the expansion next year I'd expect Run Wild, the new 2-Hour, Spur, and Snarl all to work with Charmed mobs.

All that said I do still hope they change the new Beastmaster 2-Hour that kills off our pet so one step at a time. >_>
    (1)
    Last edited by Vandheer; 08-05-2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: To specify what 2-hour I'm referring to.
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

I also really hope SE will make this new expansion in mind with charmable mobs... if its another abyssea-type setup with 100% uncharmable mobs I'm going to abandon my old school charm set once and for all.. but if that's the decision please do us the favor of renaming our job from Beastmaster to Jugmaster. <thank you>

lol
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    I also really hope SE will make this new expansion in mind with charmable mobs... if its another abyssea-type setup with 100% uncharmable mobs I'm going to abandon my old school charm set once and for all.. but if that's the decision please do us the favor of renaming our job from Beastmaster to Jugmaster. <thank you>

lol
    Wow, I ditched my set long ago.

To be completely honest I feel very nostalgic for charm myself, though I have to say, if they were to add it back to the game, I'd want to see one single fix to it. Adjust charm level cap on /bst. There's something really depressing about <insert random DD here> being able to charm mobs on equal ground with us and still put out their max DD potential in addition. It is for this reason that I don't mind our current jug bst format. I don't know, maybe it's just me?
    (2)

My charm set stopped Existing around the time Abyssea came out - No room for it.

Though I'd gear it up again easily if i needed too.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I still have my charm gear. Most of it doubles as Primal Rend gear or something else.
    I mean, Twilight has massive chr and dex on it (both mods for primal) and when I augmented my armada I got really good chr and dex on those also. The only pieaces that don't have multiple functions are accessories like belt and earrings... so I don't have 2x chr rings.. and I actually still have 2x melody earring +1.

I suspect that in adoulin charming will probably be possible but impractical, like zones which received new higher level mobs in a few camps as the level cap increases happened. Some of those mobs are useful. I really hope that its like zones used to be and there were alot of practical choices of charmable mobs and you try to find optimal selections.

If its like abyssea, "mobs that should be completely charm-able but inexplicably cannot be charmed" It will be very disappointing.

The most annoying part about charm to me is the discontinuity. Beastmen and mob beastmaster can charm players and categories that we cannot charm at all: undead, wyvern, bugard, etc.
    (5)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--