Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    You guys are really dragging this out. I've said what I've wanted to say, but you guys keep on repeating the same arguments.

Tell yourselves that there aren't a higher proportion of BSTs who are jackasses, and who knows, maybe you're right. There's no way to prove it. In my experience, this isn't true, and it shouldn't matter. All I'm saying is that I get a little kick out of seeing these sorts of announcements due to my experiences with people who play the job. I don't know why you guys are getting so riled up about this. I even explicitly said that I don't want the job to get nerfed. My personal feelings toward the job have absolutely no bearing on anything that the development crew does or what the rest of the playerbase thinks about the job.

All of you just need to shut up and let me have my own opinion. You really aren't helping your case by harassing me.
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
    Just reread that please. As I brought up earlier in this thread, those recent bandwagon BSTs you find so frustrating are in reality, not BSTs, they play some other job when they are not in dynamis. You know, the same ones who exclude BSTs from parties so they can get 3 more kills an hour, the same ones who don't invite BSTs to events and thought they were useless (and they were wrong the entire time), the same ones who ironically led me to BST to begin with because it was nearly impossible to find a party when I was a lvl 60 THF and it was "this specific party setup or GTFO lolDRG lolBST lolTHF etc". Those pricks are pricks because they are pricks, not because they magically turned into pricks when they found a use for the BST job.
    I specifically stated that the bandwagon BSTs are the ones I dislike.

I've only met a few people who main BST, but they have been some of the best/and nicest players I know.

That being said a nerf to TH shouldn't be such a great hit to main BST(since when is that a defining part of the job?), but it is to the bandwagon BSTs who level the job solely for dynamis and other things.

I never shouted "LET'S START A WAR ON BSTS". You guys act like I did. This whole time I've been saying that it's not all BSTs who are assholes.

(I'll admit I made a few inflammatory comments on purpose, but it's hard not to when you guys all collectively jump at any person who says anything resembling an insult to the job.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Eric; 08-04-2012 at 03:06 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    That being said a nerf to TH shouldn't be such a great hit to main BST(since when is that a defining part of the job?), but it is to the bandwagon BSTs who level the job solely for dynamis and other things.
    It isn't, if you haven't actually read the responses the issues are:

1) Poor wording
    2) lying/denial

Don't get me wrong there would have been a lot of complaining about TH nerf had the inference that Pet: TH+ gear would be coming not been made. When a game company who attempts to give information to the player base doesn't check their wording and then denies the inferences made by that poor wording it is far worse than any nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    (I'll admit I made a few inflammatory comments on purpose, but it's hard not to when you guys all collectively jump at any person who says anything resembling an insult to the job.)
    Maybe because those comments weren't accurate to begin with.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    When you say "BST take advantage of that right," who exactly do you mean? All BSTs?
    I refuse to put a non-generalization disclaimer on everything I say. Of course I don't mean all BST, anyone who assumes I do is retarded.

It's not just a coincidence though, that it applies to BST more than other jobs, because the game mechanics of BST promote that behavior. It's easier to be a dick on BST than on any other job. Take the two examples I mentioned. Dynamis provides BST with a great advantage, because they can solo with little risk, kill rather quickly and still get many procs from /DNC, as well as TH1 on their pet. So of course people will abuse that. Same with Abyssea NMs, they can kill them without any help, so people will sometimes go for it, disregarding the fact that it'll hold up other people from doing the same thing. It's asocial behavior, which, in itself, is not BST-specific, but BST can take advantage of that better than most jobs.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I refuse to put a non-generalization disclaimer on everything I say. Of course I don't mean all BST, anyone who assumes I do is retarded.
    But you are generalizing.

It's not just a coincidence though, that it applies to BST more than other jobs, because the game mechanics of BST promote that behavior. It's easier to be a dick on BST than on any other job. Take the two examples I mentioned. Dynamis provides BST with a great advantage, because they can solo with little risk, kill rather quickly and still get many procs from /DNC, as well as TH1 on their pet. So of course people will abuse that. Same with Abyssea NMs, they can kill them without any help, so people will sometimes go for it, disregarding the fact that it'll hold up other people from doing the same thing. It's asocial behavior, which, in itself, is not BST-specific, but BST can take advantage of that better than most jobs.
    People will abuse most anything. That doesn't mean those things should not exist or should be altered.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    These are the same things that let a competent player do really well while solo on Beastmaster, though. The baby definitely drops a really nightmarish I-use-full-Aurore-for-every-action-poop in the bathwater sometimes, but I don't think both need to be tossed out in one go.

If somebody is dumb or ineffectual enough to build up a huge back-log of already proc-ed monsters in Dynamis or spend a half-hour slaying the mighty Sobek, that's not going to be a person prepared enough for things to go badly to be hard to deal with. Just make things go badly for that person and the problem is usually solved.
    (2)

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    Or I just take things at face value instead of reading what I WANT to read into it.

But thanks for the personal attack, douchebag.

I *REALLY* hope that SE doesn't relent on giving pet:TH+ gear just to appease the immeasurable degree of QQ.
    There was no need to do mental gymnastics to read anything into it. You need to go back and read the original thread about the falcorr/yuly nerf. Everybody, including the bst haters, was under the full impression that the gear would be added later. In fact, there were a couple posters who thought it would be a great idea to nerf's bst's damage output by placing the pet: th+ on a low-damage ranked axe axe, a la the thief's knife. Seemed to have gotten handful of likes as well.

I also think you have a lot of nerve simpering about a personal attack. You came into the bst forums specifically to get a rise out of people by referring to the bst community as whole as "idiot fanboys." You come in to poke a hornet's nest and then you whine when you get stung? Pathetic. Don't dish it out if you can't take it
    (0)
    Last edited by Aldersyde; 08-04-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Hello everyone,

As this thread has become inflammatory, we are going to be locking it at this time. Thank you all for your feedback and discussion!

~GM Baudle
    (3)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13