Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Wow, so not only is SE incompetent, not only do all of their recent updates seem to reflect a development base completely out of touch with how their own game is actually played......now to top it all off, they are liars?

That's.......special. Wow.

I thought promoting the NA mog bonanza and not telling anyone until months later that it would never happen (thanks for the mule fleecing) was bad, but wow.

Edit: Seriously, consumer confidence at an all-time low. Getting really difficult to justify continuing to give this company money.
    (15)
    Last edited by Phogg; 08-02-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings BSTs,
    There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    This implies otherwise:
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    As an adjustment to the balance of Treasure Hunter at level 99, the below pets will have their Treasure Hunter effect changed to Treasure Hunter I.

-Dipper Yuly
    -Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.

Here is the premise regarding the hierarchy of the Treasure Hunter effect (from strongest to weakest).
    1. Thief
    2. Ranger
    3. Support job thief
    4. Other jobs
    ※As ranger received the new “Bounty Shot” as a support ability, it is now slightly more beneficial than a support job Treasure Hunter when effectively used.

Edit: and if you'll argue that in that same post this was said:

MNK / WHM / BLM / RDM / PLD / BRD / RNG / SMN / BLU / PUP / SCH can all get TH 3 when using an augmented Tarutaru Sash from Abyssea - La Theine and subbing THF...
    Come on Square Enix, Please try to make this "big game" "fun" again.
    (7)

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Greetings BSTs,

We received positive and negative feedback about the adjustment of Treasure Hunter for Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr, and we would like to let you know that this was to keep the overall balance amongst other jobs and their Treasure Hunter effects. After thorough review, we are starting to see the results we intended to meet, so there are no plans to make any further Treasure Hunter adjustments to these pets.

We definitely understand the intense discussions these changes have brought about, especially regarding obtaining currency through Dynamis and Beastmaster's qualities, but please understand that the these adjustments were necessary after reviewing the drop results.

There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.
    remove Goblyn, Quadav, Yagudo and Orc, Add more "proc'able" monsters. I'm sure people would stop arguing.
    (0)

wow, just wow
    (6)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Must say, I'm not liking the new guy in charge already.
    Must say, I can not see a reason since it is his first day on the job and he has nothing to do with this...
    (2)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    To those bitching about the "promise":

Take off your idiot fanboy goggles. There WASN'T a promise.

The post says

"※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger."

It does not say

"These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but equipment will be release that has "Pet: Treasure Hunter +" which enhances the effect".

Fail.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post

The post says

"※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger."

It does not say

"These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but equipment will be release that has "Pet: Treasure Hunter +" which enhances the effect".

Fail.
    If they weren't going to introduce Pet: TH gear, then why even bring up the possibility?
    (17)
    DNC99 ~ BST99 ~ NIN99 ~ SCH99 ~ BLM98 ~ BLU96 ~ SMN91 ~ RDM90
    FFXI Player (most of the time) since March 2006 [Fairy -> Sylph Server]
    Completed All Main Storyline Scenarios ~ Leathercraft 100+5 Main/Cooking 101+2 Mule

Character
    Valkrist
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisstreb View Post
    If they weren't going to introduce Pet: TH gear, then why even bring up the possibility?
    This is the reason why game producers generally don't talk to the public about what they have planned. Too many take what's said as what -will- happen instead of what is being debated on. Nothing that's said is set in stone and it shouldn't be taken at face value since everything's in flux. Anything that someone of an importance says always ends up being overblown and taken out of proportion, which ultimately leads to speculation, rumors and misinformation.

Quoting Camate's earlier post only says that Camate was told to say so-and-so's current plans for the game. Until something's been put into the release notes, everything said by GMs and developers are just plans, not things already being produced.

Okipuit's post is not saying that there isn't a chance of treasure hunter gear for BST in the future. It's saying that they're making no promises, and that nothing said in the past can be taken as a guarantee that something's happening.

Don't be blaming the new producer already for this. This is a plan that was under effect ever since Tanaka's producer's days. Him being in office for not even a day doesn't make him automatically the root of all problem.
    (4)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I kind of have mixed feelings about this. While it's frightening to see just how far gone SE are it is offset by the fact that BST gets shafted, at least a little bit.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post

The post says

It does not say

Fail.

There are no items that increase TH for pets which can be equipped by BST. Why would SE, directly below and within the context of information related to nerfing the level of TH specifically for BST pets, say anything about gear that could increase that level of TH for pets if they did not plan to add such an item?

That's not "idiot fanboy goggles", that's reasonable conjecture to assume they would release such an item. Otherwise, why bring it up at all?

Then again, this is the same PR team that hyped specifically the NA mog bonanza and then waited literally months before informing people the event would not happen. So it's not new. But that doesn't make it any less BS or frustrating.

Unless of course you can explain to me what might drive an SE rep to discuss a non-existent item within this context. Can you? Really the only conclusion is they continuously mislead their clients through incompetence. They knew this was an issue with BSTs and they added that information regarding TH+ items in an attempt to defray that contempt. And now, months and months later, we get told otherwise. Again.

The PR department for this company is an utter failure at every level.
    (9)
    Last edited by Phogg; 08-02-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast