Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidi View Post
    Random insult ftw...? On topic... wadda bout' dem' gorgets? Light says hola.
    Uptempo is known across the FFXI community as being a massive WAR gimp. He's probably just afraid that yet another player will eclipse him in both skill and gear.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Uptempo is known across the FFXI community as being a massive WAR gimp. He's probably just afraid that yet another player will eclipse him in both skill and gear.
    Maybe he'll migrate to my server and get me the rest of my plates.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    For neck i was rocking rancor personally for the crit rate boost, dunno if worth it for ukko's but hasnt treated me wrong for any other crit ws. Also cant be bothered at moment to get rancor back/nef collar, and i kinda like atheling back for ws spikes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Crimson_Slasher; 10-04-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Proper silly little mug you like.

Look people were offering him advice and he seemed like he didn't want to take it, so as i said he should go level bst and leave war alone.
    (0)
    Last edited by uptempo; 10-04-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    Htid!

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Hey,wish, is there a big noticable damage increase from 95-99 ukko?
    (0)

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's not a huge noticeable increase going from the 95-99 however but the question is if you can afford the 95 stage why wouldn't you finish it the last stage is super cheap these days when i finished mine i paid 1 mil per dross for the last stage.
    (2)
    Htid!

Theres a large difference between 90 and 99, which is what we should be talking about. As Upt said, if you can do 95, you can do 99. I think 60 Riftdross is in the neighborhood of like 15 mil now lol, something like 1/10th the cost of the 95 upgrade.

131 Damage > 156 damage 5 STR.

If we assume you have like 270 Damage for Ukkos, and maybe 15 fSTR for TP. It's like an 18%~ increase for TP [(156+16)/(131+15)=1.178~] and a 7%~ increase for WS [(270+16fSTR+2WSC)/270=1.066~]

Normally WS is 60% of total damage and TP 40% for Ukon, so if we determine where 40% of the difference between 7 and 18 is that should give us a basic idea of how much better 99 Ukon is than 90 [(18-7)*.4=4.4 7+4.4=11.4] I.E. its around 11%, but you can't say for sure unless you talk more specifically about what you're fighting and what other gear you have on.

EDIT: And yes, an 11% damage increase is noticeable IMO, more so when around other people using 90 Ukons.
    (2)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 10-06-2012 at 05:44 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    And yes, an 11% damage increase is noticeable IMO, more so when around other people using 90 Ukons.
    Going to expound this a little since it might be useful information for the new-ish guy if he's still around.

I'd go even further and say that, in FFXI, any increase of 10% or more is huge. This is a game in which items add stuff in increments of 1% sometimes, and often upgrading a single piece of equipment only affect overall performance by 1-2%. 10% doesn't look like a big number, but be assured, it's huge in the world of FFXI.
    (2)

Character
    Nezkeys
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    At 29 there is a set that starts with "kampf". I have found this to be a very good set up until 40-50 ish
    (0)

If you really want to get gear for that level, the centurion set has more DD stats, while kampf/eisen is a more tank oriented gear set. Mixing and matching both will give you the best DD stats at that level, though. But again, I wouldn't care too much about that. Just focus on the highest dmg greataxe you can find and pick up whatever armor you can afford after that.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3