Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Necrobump! Couldnt find a more suiting thread for my question. Now im not stranger to DDs (Being a drk and thus skills are up.). I take war semi-seriously but not so seriously that im looking to go out of my way to pick up gear. Now i need to ask for Ukko's/Raging, Between a fiew pieces of my gear im undecided on.

Please point me in the direction i want to go with these for consistency/damage under "Average" circumstances.
    That repeated, i do have a NQ grim which ill work into the build instead then. but try to stick to those pieces up there.
    (0)

Player
    Fixed post to reflect pieces you were asking about and better options.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Noted, id like some second opinions too if possible but second question for you, bother with +crit rate/dex gear or just whore str/att and cross my fingers?
    (0)

Player
    There isn't much use for a dDEX set on war at the moment.

for +crit gear it depends on pieces, like one of the rancor pieces, claymore grip and emp+2 head and technically Moonshade Earring with TP bonus augments. I don't think there are others really worth using.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So i was on the right path mostly, was rocking all those but moonshade, and had twilight/dux/hecatomb(Dont have +2 feet yet) But basically cram in attack/str, got it. Still want some secondary opinions. Was considering the +4% crit damage on pants might be a nice investment though as with the crit gear i have and merits, Ukkos would have about 36% crit rate. Just looking for people who have more experience in this field as well, warrior i had to level for undisclosed reasons and i refuse to be a useless perle war. War is a well liked job by others (friends particularly) and not gearing/playing it well would be an insult to them.
    (0)

Player
    Byakko's aren't worth using, they're less damage than Emp+2 legs. Relic+2 legs are better than both on average.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Still want some secondary opinions.
    Gear choice is never really an opinion. Things will beat other things under certain circumstances. The only opinion part is which situations you find useful enough and cost-effective enough to gear for.

The slots you specifically mentioned are body, legs and feet.

Phorcys body always wins, but Grim is best to use until you get it, since it's the best cheap/easy to acquire option. That said, if you have Armada or Valk for your TP sets already, just use them instead and save the inventory.

For legs AF2+2 always win if you don't need ACC, and theyre super cheap. Double win. Use AF3+2 til you scrape together the 200k to buy 50 forgotten leg items since you should have those for your TP sets, and theyre actually pretty good. If you do need more ACC for your WS set, you should get Ogiers BTW.

For shoes, the only thing that can beat AF3+2 shoes are Huginn, and I promise you wont be seeing those soon/ever, so just forget I mentioned them. Anyway, just use AF3+2 since you should have them laying around from your TP sets. And if you dont have them, use AF3+1... and go work on +2s.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Much delayed. To be clear, yes, generally all gear is situational, and based upon the other gear around it, the event/monster being fought, and the job/weaponskill being used. However the "Second Opinion" i was looking for was that of someone seeing an alternate, potentially more effective/consistent/spike build and listing where/why i might want to use it. Ukko's Fury for example does have a high crit rate at even 100% tp, and call me skeptical but i do feel like the Ravager's Caliage+1 i currently have dont measure up to my Hecatomb leggings+1 when all the advice so far has been about packing str/attack. The plus 2 i do get because of the massive crit damage boost, thats also why i had considered a +4% crit damage Haidate, which is also the reason i considered the Twilight/osode bodies, for more crit rate, or dex as i would be gaining a rather large chunk of dex from the pants. However i do appreciate the feedback and have made adjustments in the flavor of the advice given. Just clarifying what "second opinion" i was looking for.
    (0)

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Look the last thing we need is another gimp war son of bitch running around, go level bst or something will you pal.
    (0)
    Htid!

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    Look the last thing we need is another gimp war son of bitch running around, go level bst or something will you pal.
    Random insult ftw...? On topic... wadda bout' dem' gorgets? Light says hola.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast