Character
    Vatic
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 92

[dev1058] SMN Two-hour abilities

Hi there,

I know that the full title for the dev post is "[dev1058] Merit Point two-hour abilities". But I have been doing some thinking about the future 2 hour adjustments.

So.. here is my idea, my though has been since level 70, 2 hour can be outclassed by other BP's.

What if we changed how the 2 hour works?

First put Alexander and Odin on 2 hour recasts with an MP cost of about 25% of your mana pool. This way they are no longer tied to the 2 hour.

Keep the idea that you get avatar for free and open access to avatar 2 hours. But.. in addition the avatars are boosted. Say, there is a straght % boost to all stats.

I dont know by how much, cause you need to try and keep balance.

But the boost is for core stats, def, att, acc, mgc att and mgc acc.

It would allow you to be able summon a slightly boosted avatars for a short period every 2 hours?

The future merits for the 2 hours could be to boost different aspects. For example, put merits in either physical, att and acc, magic att and magic acc.

Thoughts? Comments? what % would be enough but not game breaking?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vat View Post
    Hi there,

I know that the full title for the dev post is "[dev1058] Merit Point two-hour abilities". But I have been doing some thinking about the future 2 hour adjustments.

So.. here is my idea, my though has been since level 70, 2 hour can be outclassed by other BP's.

What if we changed how the 2 hour works?

First put Alexander and Odin on 2 hour recasts with an MP cost of about 25% of your mana pool. This way they are no longer tied to the 2 hour.
    I'll just stop you there to point out that if they were simply on a 2 hour recast, they would become affected by haste and fastcast, allowing them to be cast much sooner than every 2 hours. So I don't see this ever happening.

Keep the idea that you get avatar for free and open access to avatar 2 hours. But.. in addition the avatars are boosted. Say, there is a straght % boost to all stats.

I dont know by how much, cause you need to try and keep balance.

But the boost is for core stats, def, att, acc, mgc att and mgc acc.

It would allow you to be able summon a slightly boosted avatars for a short period every 2 hours?
    I'd quite like to see this as our new 2 hour to be honest. When used it greatly boosts the stats of the avatar that you currently have out, and they stay boosted until the avatar is released, or dies, up to a max of 30 mins (kind of like Familiar). This is why I say 'greatly boosts the stats' because I'm thinking doubles the HP and cures it to full; giving us half a chance for the avatar to make it even close to the 30 mins ^^. I don't see that this would be over powered as if the avatar DOES die, it's all over.

The future merits for the 2 hours could be to boost different aspects. For example, put merits in either physical, att and acc, magic att and magic acc.

Thoughts? Comments? what % would be enough but not game breaking?
    Physical acc/att aren't much use for Astral Flow, I think everyone would simply go for M Att, unless M Acc affects Odin or Diabolos success rate.
    (0)

Player
    I like the idea of boosting an avatars stats while under Astral Flow.
    (2)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Personally, I'd just like them to scale the original Astral Flow abilities to our current level (99) I mean they can scale everything else. including armor using level sync, Why can't they scale our avatars astral flow 2 hour abilities to our current level? Would give us some more options to use them after level 50 and might change the only use 2 hours for Perfect Defense mentality.
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    SMN new two-hour looks to allow re-use of pacts instantly while active.
    (1)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yup. Smn magic and blood pact recast timers reduced to 0. I'm guessing it will last 30 seconds. Could be interesting!
    (1)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is gonna be sweet. I'm gonna crank out so much damage during that time; assuming I have full mp.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Unless it only last 10 seconds LOL, or 30 seconds LOL, it should last at least a good 1.5 mnts or 3 mnts - just like astral flow is. Good on paper, probably implemented atrociously bad just because SE has a grudge over pet jobs, ALL pet jobs 2 hours look downright trash, except SMN - at least on paper.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Personally, I'd just like them to scale the original Astral Flow abilities to our current level (99) [..]
    How does it not scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Unless it only last 10 seconds LOL, or 30 seconds LOL [..]
    30 seconds would be amazing already.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    How does it not scale?
    The original Astral Flow abilities (Diamond Dust, Searing light etc.) were originally scaled to the first level cap in the game, which was level 50. They haven't been touched since.
    (2)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast