Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Why wouldn't your dnc destroy everything but heavy DD? WHat else is there? mages?
    You know what, who cares. Would just mean dnc would be making a bit more currency in dyna. Not like anyone uses the job for anything else these days.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    You know what, who cares. Would just mean dnc would be making a bit more currency in dyna. Not like anyone uses the job for anything else these days.
    Pretty much.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Is there some reason that any of those jobs should deal better damage? they all appear to be hybrid jobs with (somewhat lame) other roles besides DD just like dancer.
    I'm not really sure how a rng or a blu wouldn't be outdamaging a dnc, unless they were terrible at their jobs, or how rng is anything other than a heavy dd to begin with.
    (1)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    I'm not really sure how a rng or a blu wouldn't be outdamaging a dnc, unless they were terrible at their jobs, or how rng is anything other than a heavy dd to begin with.
    They have treasure hunter now, which means they have to suck. Balance! /sarcasm

None of the role those jobs fill are threatened by dnc doing %3 more (guessing. has anyone ever actually done the math?) damage. They all have other stuff that they do, that (supposedly) get's them into the alliance, or allows them to get by without.

Mandau doesn't add treasure hunter effect, give additional levels of dual wield, allow dancer to do damage from a distance, cast spells or any other thing that steps on the toes of those other jobs.

It's really not much difference balance wise. But it does give dancers a new carrot and thf who already own one some extra mileage.
    (2)

Character
    Chamaan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Okay so, completely throwing aside the cop out of "Puppetmasters shouldn't have Spharai because counter because balance because apricots in spring." What's stopping them from adding new Relics? Yeah they wanted one for each weapon type, but there's not a relic for each weapon type. Bards get a relic that goes in the ranged slot. Why can't the jobs that don't have a relic right now?

-Make a relic chakram that has some awesome bonus like super potent Abs-TP and give it to Dancer.
    -Give Pup a relic animator (people have been asking for one since forever).
    -Scholar can have a relic book like our Empyrean ammo item.
    -Cors would sure love to have a super keen relic bullet that can't be fired/used in WS, so long as it does fantastic things to Quick Draw (especially since they still want to change QD).
    -For Blu... Ionno. Give them a fork, like Quina in FFIX.
    -Looking ahead, Geomancers are getting bells, and Rune Fencers can have like crests or something.

Look at that. Weapon types for relics that you can make job exclusive all you want. Or don't. I'm sure Blms, Smns, and Whms would love to have a relic that doesn't require TP to do things. Give them the book too.

I just want to point out that most of those are things people have been asking for in forums for a long time. These aren't new ideas. Can we get an answer why new ammo/ranged slot relics aren't already in development?
    (6)
    Last edited by Chamaan; 08-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    na na sch need a relic spell i mean they got a AF spell and whm got a hammer blm got a wand lol
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordoric View Post
    na na sch need a relic spell i mean they got a AF spell and whm got a hammer blm got a wand lol
    Admittedly I would have preferred if Meteor was a Relic spell for BLM, and it was effective alone, but more people still made it awesome, rather than now where its worthless alone. But thats just me.
    (0)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    i always viewd meteor as a rdm spell lol
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Player
    Honestly I knew Meteor was for BLM, but I did kinda expect something like Impact would be for RDM, enfeebling + damage ya know?
    (0)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16