Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    How would YOU have made this shawl available?
    Make it easier to get Drill Calamary and Dwarf Pugils so that you haven't used 2/3 of your fish for the day before you even get to attempt Matsya..?
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Good morning fishers,

The Shaper’s Shawl was set to be a difficult to obtain reward on par with the rewards that could be obtained by defeating a powerful notorious monster and we do not have any plans of easing the difficulty. For that reason, there are no plans to obtain this item through any content other than "Inside the Belly".
    Powerful NM's require simply claiming and beating them, this requires getting fishing to 110, an ebisu rod, rare/ex bait in the bucket loads and a LOAD of luck... How is that even close?
    (21)

Character
    Bozek
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Fishers finally got something good and you ppl complaining? Stop and go farm damn gils and buy Matsya or skill up fishing! There was only gugs and liks and now they got Matsya ^^
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragni View Post
    Fishers finally got something good and you ppl complaining? Stop and go farm damn gils and buy Matsya or skill up fishing! There was only gugs and liks and now they got Matsya ^^
    The fish are 400k+, Fishing is the hardest skill to level (mine is 110 so I know), You also need an Ebisu rod so anyone that levelled fishing or spent millions of gil (instead of spending it on the items needed for 100~110) in order to level another craft 100~110 is an idiot, as is SE for doing this.

PS. fishers have had something good for ages, Fishing is probably the most profitable craft other than goldsmithing. I'd sooner they made other crafts profitable.
    (7)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 07-31-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragni View Post
    I'd hardly call it "something good".

I'd rather spend my time fishing Hakuryus.
    At least I'm guaranteed money, and it doesn't take nearly as much effort.
    (5)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Bozek
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Lol @ Kari
    (0)

Player
    Sometimes I wonder why these things weren't implemented as an intentional means of weeding out fishbotters.
    (1)

Player
    A 1~2% chance on getting this cape from a fish which is looking to cost upwards of 1M gil? Nice going.

You know what crafters really wanted? Improved skill up rates. Giving us that, like this, is nothing short of insulting. I'm sorry but you don't make 110 cost literally billions of gil (and give it very little payoffs at that) then give us some hope with an item like this, only to implement it in possibly the worst way imaginable.

I swear, I can't remember the last time I saw a crafting related update and actually felt happy for it. I guess the crafting stalls are the closest, but I'm still pretty peeved that a 15k GPs item was allowed to easily trump the 100k/150k items. Those retarded Torques certainly did nothing but piss me off, when did crafting become about farming chests in a zone for weeks, fishing and making worthless gear that only might become good through Synergy? Seriously, this is ridiculous.
    (10)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Good morning fishers,

The Shaper’s Shawl was set to be a difficult to obtain reward on par with the rewards that could be obtained by defeating a powerful notorious monster and we do not have any plans of easing the difficulty. For that reason, there are no plans to obtain this item through any content other than "Inside the Belly".
    To me, I think one of the BIG things about this cape was that it can't be deliverable to the same-account characters that I am worried about and wonder why you can't even deliver to the mules on that same account. I've always wondered after seeing a cape from a craft that isn't synthesis and has nothing to do with it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 07-31-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Good morning fishers,

I would agree if this if it were not for one thing "...obtain reward on par with the rewards that could be obtained by defeating a powerful notorious monster..." Tell me what "Powerful Notorious Monster" drops crafting related gear. This is not on par with Legion gear or Neo-Nyzul gear. This is crafting gear, those are battle gear. You should not be wearing this cape to battle therefore it is not "on par" with that gear and if you ask me there should be a difference between obtaining endgame gear and obtaining crafting gear and this whole million-sided-dice mentality that the dev's have developed recently is really starting to get old. I'm not saying that the best gear should be dropping for everyone, everytime 16 gather for an event but it should be dropping to someone every time. I love this game a lot, and I hate to see it on the slippery slope it's dancing on.
    (5)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast