Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Foxfire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    My, that's lucky. I'm starting to force myself to do Dynamis every day someway, somehow. Even with my gimp thf~.
    (0)
    Opinions are opinions. Keep 'em that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivik View Post
    What a load of crap. I work full time, have three kids and managed to get couple Empys with my wife, friends, and a couple Alts in my spare time. Just because you're not willing to put in the effort does not make it an "unhealthy addiction". My OAT lance was much more time consuming than any Empy I have done.

Also, telling someone they are not being rewarded and then saying there is pleasure to be had doing magian weapons makes no sense at all. The reward is the pleasure of completing it.
    What? I said there were both people who got Empys who enioyed it, and people who do it because they have videogame addiction.
    (0)

Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My biggest problem I see on the horizon is that Guild Wars II is on it's way next month. While I am really loving being back in Vana'diel, the game has a lot of temptation for me, mainly as there is no monthly fee. I hope the effort I put in now won't be just for nothing as I desert this game again :S - In short, I hope GW2 sucks
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Empyrean lottery NMs sometimes come right down to luck too keep in mind. Some of them do have minimum respawn timers of an hour~ but some can pop back to back- I've seen it. I went 3/29 in game nights on Black Triple Stars, but I've also had a friend see the rare-but-possible 2 pops in a single in game night. He also logged off right there and when he logged back in, the next in game night it popped again.

One thing I forgot to mention that is fun about doing these trials is teaming up with people you didn't know previously. I made some nice in-game friends doing empyrean trials, and even though you might be complaining to each other about the NM not popping there is a sense of camaraderie you gain.

With the above said, Empyreans just aren't for everyone, they require a certain amount of persistence and dedication to obtain, and there are some very nice alternatives for the more casual player such as the magian weapons.

My recommendation is to try to make it through the Boggart, and when you get to Black Triple Stars you'll know if continuing is for you or not Good luck!
    (0)

Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

and so it begins...

and I have to say, the fact that it gives me a little update when the kill is done is a huge bonus from what FFXI used to do, in that it would just expect you to remember it - Logged in on my lunch break at work, 1 round of PH kills and it popped up, so joined up with 2 JP players, both happy to team up for this. It's not SO bad when it means you can group up for it.
    (0)
    Last edited by 0nionKn1ght; 07-27-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention that is fun about doing these trials is teaming up with people you didn't know previously. I made some nice in-game friends doing empyrean trials, and even though you might be complaining to each other about the NM not popping there is a sense of camaraderie you gain.
    This is very true.

Also - Modoru, yes it's lucky - or rather I'm lucky, I feel blessed for having such great friends, they are making this game all the more enjoyable for me.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Muhahaha! Logged in, same guy I was with earlier is there, 15 minute break at work just logged in by chance, and up popped the NM! 2/3!

All smiles now but Black Triple Stars is up next, however that thing can pop only at night, and the respawn is quite easy to track with /BST, however in 10 years playing, I have not once ever seen that NM >_< - Can't say I have ever looked for it though
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Black Triple Stars really puts the Notorious in Notorious Monster. He's gonna be a pain, trust me. That being said, while the Empyrean process can be annoying at times, and anything that goes through Abyssea-Tahrongi is going to be even more annoying than usual, it's about as truly balanced as high-end content gets in FFXI. You don't have to be rich, you don't really have to compete with anyone, and you can kinda do it on your own time (unless the NM you need has just died or just won't pop). Well, that's until you get your weapon to level 90. After that the whole thing flies off the rails, but you at least have a top-notch weapon at that point.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Lol, I started sword trial myself the other day, towards Almace. And that damn dhalmel nm drove me nuts the one time I've camped it. Wiki is just confusing the hell out of me, and it didn't help that people in the zone randomly killed dhalmels, totally f**king up my widescan list. 1/3 so far I'll get it done though!
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I had the same issue with Ishtar D:
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast