Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55
  1. #21
    Player Komori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    521
    Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If it makes you feel better, I have no empys myself yet because of the long list of NMs but recently I buckled down and camped all of the lottery spawns for my Almace and am on VNM (Capicornus and Tammuz).

    I'm doing an Almace first (:
    (1)

  2. #22
    Player Zerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    502
    Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    Not everyone's gifted with duo/trio buddies.
    Dual-boxing is so hard.
    (1)

  3. #23
    Player Modoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    There is only Zuul~
    Posts
    229
    Character
    Foxfire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    Dual-boxing is so hard.
    Yes, because everyone pays for two accounts and levels them both[or alternatively has an extra account at their disposal]. Troll harder.
    (5)
    Last edited by Modoru; 07-26-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Opinions are opinions. Keep 'em that way.

  4. #24
    Player Zerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    502
    Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    Yes, because everyone pays for two accounts and levels them both. Troll harder.
    Not trolling, just pointing out how many people have efficiently and quickly completed their empyrean weapons.

    You make the conscious choice to not have a dual-box to hit a cure/haste macro on.
    (1)

  5. #25
    Player Modoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    There is only Zuul~
    Posts
    229
    Character
    Foxfire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I figure it shouldn't have to be a choice "not to have" a dual-box, because, as much as I understand where the benefit lies in it for "me" [or the player following the empyrean] and not the "others" [anyone helping], it shouldn't be expected of me to be playing [and therefore, paying] two characters at a time for the sake of a weapon.

    PS. I'm not very coherent when I haven't slept, so I don't even know if I'm making sense.
    (2)
    Opinions are opinions. Keep 'em that way.

  6. #26
    Player Zerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    502
    Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    I figure it shouldn't have to be a choice "not to have" a dual-box, because, as much as I understand where the benefit lies in it for "me" [or the player following the empyrean] and not the "others" [anyone helping], it shouldn't be expected of me to be playing [and therefore, paying] two characters at a time for the sake of a weapon.

    PS. I'm not very coherent when I haven't slept, so I don't even know if I'm making sense.
    Then you are choosing to rely on that +1~2 people to make your weapon.
    You're just starting an argument for the sake of arguing under the mask of your level 1 character.
    Are you scared that what you say might be held to a credibility?
    (1)

  7. #27
    Player Valonquar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    46
    Character
    Valonquar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Just do a lil at a time. Unless you have an extraordinary amount of gil and time, trying to focus solely on it will drive you mad. I've been soloing the KIs for popping Glavoid, and then getting help from a friend for farming the shells. I usually end up with a Chloris pop too doing this and offer up the drops from that as a bonus for helping out. I'm about halfway through glavoid, but it's been a long time, full of other distractions, like leveling all the other jobs to 99, finishing off at least+1 empy gear for all of them, and Voidwatch.
    Getting an empy weapon can be as frustrating or easy as you make it.
    (0)

  8. #28
    Player Modoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    There is only Zuul~
    Posts
    229
    Character
    Foxfire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Actually this is my only character, I just set it to RDM 'cause it's a job I don't play. :c
    I'm not hiding anything, I swear~, you can look me up on ffxiah haha
    And no, I'm not trying to argue for the sake of it, I just don't believe that "choosing not to dual-box" is an excuse for those that have only one account. s: It's not that it's specifically *difficult* to dualbox, but a lot of people don't dedicate enough time to the game to validate bringing up a second character [easy as it may be nowadays], or have the resources of having people willing to dedicate time to building their empyrean.

    Therefore, I don't think "I have alts, a wife, and friends helping me make various emps" versus "I just started this solo for the first time" is a valid counterargument? is this making sense?
    (0)
    Opinions are opinions. Keep 'em that way.

  9. #29
    Player Zerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    502
    Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    Actually this is my only character, I just set it to RDM 'cause it's a job I don't play. :c
    I'm not hiding anything, I swear~, you can look me up on ffxiah haha
    And no, I'm not trying to argue for the sake of it, I just don't believe that "choosing not to dual-box" is an excuse for those that have only one account. s: It's not that it's specifically *difficult* to dualbox, but a lot of people don't dedicate enough time to the game to validate bringing up a second character [easy as it may be nowadays], or have the resources of having people willing to dedicate time to building their empyrean.

    Therefore, I don't think "I have alts, a wife, and friends helping me make various emps" versus "I just started this solo for the first time" is a valid counterargument? is this making sense?
    Now I understand you. Don't worry, you're making sense. On my second cup of coffee, myself. xD

    I guess I stated it a bit too aggressive, and I apologize, but empys only give out the amount of effort that's put into making them. Not saying a player is bad if they make an empy without a dual-box, just pointing out that it is very possible to solo one without much stress (sans the final voidwalker NMs).
    (0)

  10. #30
    Player Tamoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,061
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I don't dual box either - up until very recently I was relying on a pc that would have exploded if I tried. But more importantly, I have absolutely no wish to level and equip another character. I am blessed with some rather amazing friends though, who have helped me get 5 empyreans and one relic.

    The empyrean starting trials aren't that bad, honestly. Like some have already mentioned - keep yourself occupied between nm windows, and rng or bst sub makes things easier aswell.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

    This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast