thank you for fixing parry skill up rates

(5)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Yes, thank you! Parrying skills up now like most other combat skills. I have had capped evasion for a very long time making it even more difficult to skill up parrying... so much so that I leveled corsair to 99 simply because it has a high parry skill and lower evasion skill. I took my corsair out last night and easily made it to level 300, and am now gaining skill ups even on my thief (but more frequent with corsair).
    (2)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    good news yeah i got a few skillups yesterday doing random merits. too bad parry and guard are both super useless compared to evasion.
    (0)

Player
    This might actually make them more noticeably useful, if only for jobs with Tactical Guard/Parry.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    good news yeah i got a few skillups yesterday doing random merits. too bad parry and guard are both super useless compared to evasion.
    not really a capped parry can save your butt. I used to cap my parry on my dnc pretty often before this switch. It was a pain in the butt tho. Between eva and parry getting hit a decent bit. I just rerolled back on bahamut and my parry caps nearly every level. I noticed i get hit way less now since my parry gets capped alot.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rosina; 07-25-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    not really a capped parry can save your butt. I used to cap my parry on my dnc pretty often before this switch. It was a pain in the butt tho. Between eva and parry getting hit a decent bit. I just rerolled back on bahamut and my parry caps nearly every level. I noticed i get hit way less now since my parry gets capped alot.
    there is so much all job + eva gear and almost nothing for guard and parry ( whats more they are capped). I wear +130 evasion I believe on monk in eva set up and mnk is a job with B skill.
    (1)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    Even with parting being so low it still has come in quite handy at times guarding is mnk only I think and now that it actually skills up it might be useful to.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°×

I can't say much for Guarding, but I can say that having a rather high Parrying skill already before Abyssea (nearing the 400 now before this update) often made me think it was sort of worth it in the end. I did things solo a lot as a Red Mage, and while going toe-to-toe with things I could do just that, I did get the parrying-being-involved-message quite often!

So I do think it helped.

Nowadays, as the skill is higher than ever before, it is getting used even more often. Pair that with the Ninja ability that is Issekigan, it's just fun! For the Voidwatchers and Legioniers alike, there is no pun. After all, if a hit goes through your evasion, parrying being there to make the save counts for a lot for the some of us!

Why wouldn't anyone want a double-evasion check, so to speak?!

To me, even though I basically almost nearly almost 'capped' it before this change, I'm still glad it finally is here! Moreover, I will be even more thankful for it when I finally get to leveling up my Puppetmaster and Monk jobs (@ svengalis, yeah, PUP has the skill as well!). \ö/

So yeah, thank you~
    ありがとうー
    Et cetera.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 07-25-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Getting 44 parrying skill levels in an hour or so without using skillup food or items was rather amazing!
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Even with parting being so low it still has come in quite handy at times guarding is mnk only I think and now that it actually skills up it might be useful to.
    I know. I plan on capping parry and guard too (I was capped on both at level 75). My complaint is this: on a job like monk you have guard@ A+ skill I believe and evasion B+. If i want to improve my defense i chose either guard or evasion. but evasion is checked first, and caps very high (80%), while guard is checked after and caps @20%. Guard equipement is not common while evasion gear is very common on the ah for example. Evasion will always be the most efficient way to mitigate damage on mobs you can evade (less than 7-8 levels above you).
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast