Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Cure IV (conserve MP)

Dose somebody have a clue how to teach your automaton to use a lower tier cure instead of V or VI? Esp. when you only need to heal 600 or less hp?
    (0)

Player
    Soulsoother will cure based on the amount of HP needed to be cured. If the amount needed is under 200 you'll get a Cure IV. If the amount is under 600 I believe you'll get a Cure V and any other instance is a Cure VI. I could be wrong on that last hp amount, it's been a while since I played it. If the current highest tier available is on a recast timer it will use the next highest instead.

Other than that I believe you're out of luck. Toss on Mana Conserver and a Dark Maneuver to help the MP costs when you can is my only advice.
    (0)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    That's what I noticed. But it's still a waste.
    Since the recent cure-update a cure IV will heal for 600hp plus.
    (0)

Player
    Yeah, might want to get bugging the devs to do something about this. With the cure adjustments it should certainly be adjusted. I could see it being an easy fix too!
    (0)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Why bother?

Just want to know, because(for me at least) automaton MP is pretty much a non-issue. And has been such for years at this point.

And don't get me wrong, you want to push for the change, go for it imo. It won't harm anything. Just wondering why bother is all.
    (0)

Howdy puppetmasters!

At higher levels, automatons will only choose to use Cure V or VI once damage is taken and this decision is not based on the amount of damage taken. This has been the way automatons function since the adjustments that took place during the March version update.

If you would like your automaton to use a specific Cure based on the amount of damage you take, it’s possible to do so by utilizing a light maneuver while using the Damage Gauge attachment.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Howdy puppetmasters!

[...]

If you would like your automaton to use a specific Cure based on the amount of damage you take, it’s possible to do so by utilizing a light maneuver while using the Damage Gauge attachment.
    Your automaton will still use cure V or VI in case you utilize Damage Gauge and light maneuvers.
    Best example. Your fellow Tarutaru got a raise, stands up and has around 25/500 hp. Regardless what you do your automaton will fire a Cure V (while Cure IV would cure him more than enough).

I don't complain about how the automaton is making it's decisions but try to keep 2 partymembers alife with an automaton who'll start using lower tier Cure only when he/she's low on MP. (Still talking only about the WHM automaton)
    (3)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    you do know that how PUP works is still a gigantic mystery to SE right?
    (3)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I might be wrong since I haven't bothered to test this since the healing skill update, but I don't think it affected puppets at all similar to BLU healing spells. As Spiritreaver said, MP efficiency is a non issue for PUP. I suppose if you're missing key attachments you could have issues. And anyone who's leveled PUP recently likely is missing some considering many of them are upwards of 2 mil, at least on Siren.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Can't you just deactivate/activate to reset mp on your automaton? I suppose there are situations where that's not convenient to do, but most of the times it's doable.

Altough I agree it would have been better if Spiritreaver could have made a smarter use of cure spells, didn't want to whine back in the march update because I was so happy about the new stuff, but I always found it particularly stupid that it never uses cures under V unless it has not enough mp for it (in which case, it uses IV or III or whatever else)
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast