Thread: Chatoyant staff

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Anyone else think this could be the new main weapon for SCH? I'd say the staff is 100% worthless for BLM, potentially great for SCH and something I'll never make because it's Synergy and I can't sign Synergy items so screw you SE.

Obviously it lags very far behind Trials weapons in pure damage, +15% against +35% iirc, but the new Iridescence effect apparently provides an additional 10% to weather effects, effectively bringing the staff up to a permanent +25% for SCH (it is way to hot for me to both with exact maths here so shup). That's still 10% behind Trials weapons, but without the need to change weapons we have a valid TP source through Occult Acumen (and Adloquium/Embrava) which can be put towards Shattersoul, which provides a -10 magic defense effect on your target (I have no idea if this is 100% effective or not, if it isn't then this whole thread is kinda pointless), which effectively plays out as a +10% magic damage for everyone involved.

Now, if you already have someone applying Shattersoul in events this staff is never going to be as good as Trials weapons, and applying weather and WSing frequently is going to cause you to take a hit in DoT, but if you're bringing an additional 10% magic damage for every BLM in the party by doing this then I think you'll have more than made up for that loss in DoT. Highly doubtful but you could also maybe throw in a use for Immanence here as well, Shattersoul > Thunder V should be a Lv1 skillchain iirc.

Honestly, someone tell me Shattersoul is trash and that this idea is stupid, I really don't want to log in after months just to play around with this concept, even though this is exactly the kind of thing I love on SCH.
    Am I blind? I saw no one address this. Now I am considering meriting the ws just because of this. I never thought about that.

The skillchain is also correct, the wiki lists the second property as Induration so the result is impaction.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 09-25-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3