Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Enfeebling Magic and its update

[dev1093] Enfeebling Magic Resistance of Monsters

•A log message now appears when a monster resists an enfeebling spell which enables the player to determine whether a monster possesses complete resistance to a particular type of enfeebling magic.
    As long as the monster does not completely resist the effect, it is possible to inflict enfeebling magic upon them. The number of affectable monsters has drastically increased.

•A new system has been added in which using enfeebling magic multiple times will lower the target enemy's resistance. This system is known as "Immunobreak."
    • When an Immunobreak occurs after the enemy has resisted a particular enfeebling magic, the resistance of the enemy to that effect will decrease by a certain amount.
    • Immunobreaks can stack and continually lower an enemy's resistance.
    • The more times the enfeebling magic is resisted, the greater the likelihood that an Immunobreak will occur.
    • When the enfeebling effect is successfully applied, the resistance will reset.
    • If the effect is continuously applied, the enemy will slowly gain more resistance, and eventually Immunobreaks will no longer occur.
    • Note that some monsters have complete resistance to enfeebling effects.
    • (Immunobreaks will not occur on enemies which have complete resistance.)
    • Immunobreaks only apply to enfeebling effects (magic abilities based on Enfeebling Magic skill level).
    SE, thank you for taking notice in Enfeebling Magic having a problem. Thank you for at least attempting to do something that could potentially help RDM. But sorry to say, you failed RDM once again.

As with melee gear, you have fixed only part of a problem, when fixing gear you gave us some very nice TP gear and a spell for it which is great, but you completely left out alot of DEX gear leaving that far behind which is some for one of our greatest WSs.

This time you fixed our resists, but you didn't help give us a position. You gave every job the power to use enfeebling magic again and again till it lands, due to already low cast timers this is easy to do. RDM's fast cast can not be used to make the casting of these spells faster or easier because the cast time is a matter of 5 seconds for most of them, and now the ability to land them is trivial due to it becoming easier with the more they resist it.

Some time ago when we asked about what was happening about RDM and its merits, due to their need for adjustments, we were given this response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Greetings,

I understand your desire to see some updates to your favorite job, but I wanted to let you know that these latest rounds of adjustments were more focused on Group 2 merits and those that specifically had long re-use timers, and making adjustments to them beyond that. For our red mages, we're still planning the changes outlined in the [dev1093] Enfeebling Magic Resistance of Monsters and as soon as we have more to announce you can be sure we'll share it with you!
    But as predicted, these changes were not for RDM alone, it helps many jobs, and in fact, seemingly every job with enfeebling magic or the ability to use enfeebling magic through a subjob was assisted with this to the point they can now land spells given the time.

I understand, RDM is a hard job for you it seems because you want it to do everything, and are having a hard time with making it a strong job, that is wanted in events, without making it the overpowering god it once was. But right now, it seems it would make more sense to give the job larger boosts in power, and if needed slowly lose some to find a balance, rather than making small boosts like you are now, but giving so little that most don't do much of anything to change RDM and its current position.
    (9)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Didn't a dev post mention that they were going to implement this system first, see how it goes, balance it, then keep it in mind as they add new enfeebling spells for RDM later?

My point is it might be too quick to judge if this will eventually give RDM a place or not. It will depend what the new enfeebles are. To me those are what really matter. The problem is, it takes so long to add anything new that I probably won't care anymore by the time they do.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    Didn't a dev post mention that they were going to implement this system first, see how it goes, balance it, then keep it in mind as they add new enfeebling spells for RDM later?

My point is it might be too quick to judge if this will eventually give RDM a place or not. It will depend what the new enfeebles are. To me those are what really matter. The problem is, it takes so long to add anything new that I probably won't care anymore by the time they do.
    Thats part of the problem as well though. They are going very slow with RDM right now as to make sure they do not make it to strong but in the mean time they are keeping it so weak that by the time they make it good again, who knows how many people will actually care anymore. It would be somewhat better for them just to throw a few things at it then weed it out little by little making it more balanced instead of keeping it dead and weak while giving it small boosts that mainly leave it the same way.
    (4)

Player
    Patience man!
    (0)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Badieh View Post
    Patience man!
    Pattern recognition is more useful.
    (3)

Player
    Seeing as how GEO enfeebles aren't susceptible to resists at all I'd assume that this new system is implemented to be able to put an enfeeble on doubly. My guess is they're keeping it this way for the moment to make sure that when GEO is released there's no way that RDM+GEO could cripple an HNM beyond belief.

It's easier to give a little here and there on the way than to give a lot now and take most of it back later.
    (1)

Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    little here and there..... rdm have become nothing for enfeebling in the last years. (gravity2...lol)

pl ask for so many

example: poison2 -10tick or bio3 is low ,when you see the higher 1 from other jobs (blu spells 18-25 tic)
    and where is the merit change for rdm??
    (2)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I actually like where enfeebling is at right now. I can finally tell if I'm wasting my time on casting magic because it provides me with feedback.

I'm hoping they expand it's usefulness to most NMs and being able to land all of my spells. Gravity not being able to land on anything for the longest time was stupid. I'm not going to waste my time on kite/nuke. I just want it to have lowered evasion so I can beat it to death and walk away from some NMs when they start getting crazy.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    The change is good but the problem is its to wide, it helps many if not all jobs where RDM is the only one that really needs the help that way it can have a defined role. This helped Enfeebling as a whole which is great but it doesn't solve RDM's underline problem of having no place in most/all current endgame events, which this also failed to fix by helping everything not just (or mainly) RDM.
    (2)

Player
    This change is literally a joke.
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast