Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitheren
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

[dev1134] -Na spell colors!

I like the new spell icons but the colored -na spells always made it easier to me to select them in my magic list. They need their colors back.

Love the avatar ones though.
    (1)
    Kitheren of Valefor
    Married to Valkarie
    ~*Thank you everyone who helped me with my Mjollnir!*~

Character
    Makai
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 85
    I *Hate* the spell icon changes, I can barely see color which I have relied on in game for 10 years on several BLM spells This might not matter if I was colorblind but as the icons are tiny the detail is being lost). And what's with the putting a second # on the icon for it's tier? Can we remove that option as the spell list itself already Numbers the spells by tier. Whm spells are actually worse! They all look grey! the only ones that look decent are the summoner icons!

If not can we make it a toggle option for those that can't/won't/don't read? Or allow an option so we might use the less graphics intensive icons perhaps? Thanks!
    (3)
    Last edited by Makai; 07-24-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Makai View Post
    I *Hate* the spell icon changes, I can barely see color which I have relied on in game for 10 years on several BLM spells This might not matter if I was colorblind but as the icons are tiny the detail is being lost). And what's with the putting a second # on the icon for it's tier? Can we remove that option as the spell list itself already Numbers the spells by tier. Whm spells are actually worse! They all look grey! the only ones that look decent are the summoner icons!

If not can we make it a toggle option for those that can't/won't/don't read? Or allow an option so we might use the less graphics intensive icons perhaps? Thanks!

I agree. The contrast level of these stink and need increased badly. Not everyone has perfect vision and high contrast helps people with poor vision. White is not grey.. Unless these icons are higher contrast (less colors) or bigger icons you can't really see whats in them if you don't have perfect vision.

It's like this why get a 55inch HDTV that has 1280p if you're only going to run content for 480p? Well, maybe you need to see a bigger screen! High resolution shouldn't assume you need that much detail when an icon is the size of a pencil eraser at 5 feet!
    (4)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Kitheren
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They're definitely pretty but it's hard to appreciate the detail on a small screen. Even on my husband's 55 inch you can't see them very well from where the couch is even compared to my 29 inch that I'm almost right in front of. It was a waste of time to do, albeit pretty to look at. Close up. With glasses.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kitheren; 07-24-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Kitheren of Valefor
    Married to Valkarie
    ~*Thank you everyone who helped me with my Mjollnir!*~

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitheren View Post
    They're definitely pretty but it's hard to appreciate the detail on a small screen. Even on my husband's 55 inch you can't see them very well from where the couch is even compared to my 29 inch that I'm almost right in front of. It was a waste of time to do, albeit pretty to look at. Close up. With glasses.
    Don't forget the full size images are intended for the new UI macro bar. I'll image the images will be much bigger when that comes out.
    (0)

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Please introduce the ability to ignore this horrible change and use the old icons.
    (2)

Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback on the new magic icons. We have noted your concerns and we are looking into ways to make it easier to distinguish specific spells. Once we have determined the direction we would like to take, we'll be sure to provide you with an update.

In the mean time, we are more than glad to receive more feedback.
    (7)

Okipuit - Community Team

I know that many players wish there was an option to revert back to the old icons. You have to see their point of view, some have been playing with them for 8-10 years and like it that way.

Maybe give an option to toggle between new and old? Like you can with the chat log background. I know those are two completely different systems, and understand why it wouldn't be easy to do, but I think players would appreciate the effort if it was possible to do.
    (4)

Character
    Hawkhellfire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Please let us toggle between the old icons and the new ones. I HATE the new ones and it's just one more thing pulling me away from this game. Don't change something that people are accustomed to for 8-10 years without a way to go back to what we're used to.
    (0)

Player
    You're thinking of leaving because they changed how the status icons look? Wow, maybe you should just go now and save yourself the trouble.

Personally not sure what the big fuss is. The number of times I actually open the magic menu is . . . well . . . zero. I just type the spell out. Could care less what the icons look like because I never see them.
    (5)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast