Character
    Noirin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Good morning!

We have been receiving a ton of feedback on the new icons and we will be taking them into consideration moving forward as we make our UI revamps. Speaking of which, we will be continuing to add new elements such as clickable portions of the new UI, addressing the status icons, and other things, so we will we will definitely be looking into how each of them look. With that said, we imagine that addressing all of these things will take quite a bit of time.

We understand that it might be somewhat strange to only change the icons on the list first and originally it was preferred to change everything at once; however, since the amount of things to do for the new UI revamp is extremely lengthy, we will be adding and addressing portions in phases.

Look forward to all the awesome UI revamps that are coming, as we feel you will really enjoy them. We can’t wait to hear your feedback.
    A quick question about this. Being that xbox players were lucky enough to get the new UI icons, how much more of the UI update will they also be able to receive, if any other updates are coming their way?
    (0)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    For the most part I love the new icons the only major problem, which I'm sure has been said, is that for a lot of the enfeebling spells it's difficult to tell what element it is if you didn't already know. For people that have been playing the mage jobs for a while it's not that bad but if you were just starting a mage job you might have to ask and asking for help in any MMO is taboo.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I know you guys probably know this, but I'm gonna say it anyways. You can change the order of the spells in your list so that you know where everything is regardless of color. I still think they should make the spells easier to spot in a rush, but I think a few people might be forgetting this.
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I know you guys probably know this, but I'm gonna say it anyways. You can change the order of the spells in your list so that you know where everything is regardless of color. I still think they should make the spells easier to spot in a rush, but I think a few people might be forgetting this.
    I'm not having particular issues with it anymore. But I actually did this for BLU mage spells; except it wasn't by element. I arranged them all by the length of name. The longer the name, I put it towards the bottom.

That was just how I worked until I got used to it (and kept learning new spells and got tired of restarting it)
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    I'm not having particular issues with it anymore. But I actually did this for BLU mage spells; except it wasn't by element. I arranged them all by the length of name. The longer the name, I put it towards the bottom.

That was just how I worked until I got used to it (and kept learning new spells and got tired of restarting it)
    I use it for proc spells. Stuff that I would ordinarily never cast unless it was a proc, so I don't care about swapping full gear etc for it.
    (0)

Player
    I never remember Haste being red.
    It isnt. Look at the ones I posted, they arent the new ones nor are they the old ones. The old ones had icons relative to the element of the spell i.e Cures-white, haste-green, slow-yellow. The ones I posted in the second picture have icons which are exactly those of the ones on your status bar. So the icon of Slow matches the icon you see on the top of your screen when you're hit with Slow. Makes perfect sense doesn't it? It's psychologically easier to match a picture to a concept like slow or haste than is to match a color+text to a concept like slow or haste because searching for a picture is an easier search task for the brain than searching for two things i.e color+text. With the suggestion I'm making, you could scroll through your spell list extremely fast and when you catch a fast glimpse of the red circle with the orange clock in it you instantly think HASTE!, rather than sifting through a ton of spells that all share the same Green Box i.e sneak/invisible/deodorize/blink/silence etc..
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-04-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitheren View Post
    The other day I was looking for haste because I didn't want to use my haste macro and kept flying over it because Haste used to be red and now it's..green? ^^;
    Yes, I do agree with you but I was replying to this post mostly and it would be easier to recongnize (but I also like having a little diversity too). But the way the quoted post seems like the normal old haste icon was red when it was green.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Good morning!

We have been receiving a ton of feedback on the new icons and we will be taking them into consideration moving forward as we make our UI revamps. Speaking of which, we will be continuing to add new elements such as clickable portions of the new UI, addressing the status icons, and other things, so we will we will definitely be looking into how each of them look. With that said, we imagine that addressing all of these things will take quite a bit of time.

We understand that it might be somewhat strange to only change the icons on the list first and originally it was preferred to change everything at once; however, since the amount of things to do for the new UI revamp is extremely lengthy, we will be adding and addressing portions in phases.

Look forward to all the awesome UI revamps that are coming, as we feel you will really enjoy them. We can’t wait to hear your feedback.
    ----------------------
    Most of the frustration surrounding the new UI Icons is the fact that they're SOOOO small which I'm sure will be adjusted as time goes on, but I would still like to purpose a solution at least for the current icons:

*Toggle an option that displays an Enlarged info window as we scroll through abilities and spells:
    I worked inside the current window size we have now but when they incorporate the window sizing functionality, they could still technically take advantage of this magnified Icon/Information display for the folks that want the ability/spell list to be ultra small while still being able to access all the necessary info.
    (3)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I was joking with my linkshell over the new icions and basically I had someone else that was very out spoken about it too.

Are points where:
    The new icons are cute the change is neat in a way.
    Some of the icons are stupid as they are used to distinguish element
    ^ the second was used to joke about what elements spells are. Addle was purple so I asked "What element is addle now? Is it water and fire because it is purple? ( blue and red make purple)
    I guess drain and aspir is wind and dark.

Having something different for Nas would be nice though, always would like a distinguish of them.

I cam back from a year quit and was actually ticked in seeing this change because in some ways it is harmful to old players while that time it took to do that change could been used for better things. For example it is hard to code changes for relic sword and enlight but they find the time to change icons? >>>.> stop making ffxi, ffxiv please, it was never a good game. FFIV should be more like FFXI not the other way around... well old ffxi anyway, not this idea of lets clone wow.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4