The new icons look like an ugly mess to me. I realize they're meant to be larger for the new macro palette but I wish they had left them for that instead of putting them in the spell and abilities lists.

Before VW this wouldn't have posed a functional problem because I used macros for nearly every spell. For proc spells I didn't have macrod for VW, I got used to using the color group like a database index. So, it wasn't really necessary to read the whole spell name because I could get quickly to the right page by jumping to the color. Then if I wanted Thundaga II I just looked for the II with the widest text in the thunder color. Now on the way to the purple spells there is the annoying purple Warp, and the purple on the Thunder spells is not nearly as easy to distinguish as it used to be.

I changed to typing my proc spells now because the new icons are so annoying. I'm fine with typing spells if I have to, but the quick color search was faster for me. Generally I'd support purely visual changes, if they looked good and didn't pose any functional problems. To me the new icons don't fit either.