Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The icons were dots before. Sure they had colors but how helpful was that really? If you used the menu at all for magic it largely required reading the spell name not relying on a dot.

Admittedly I liked the vibrancy of the dots on the old menu rather than the current muted colors, but that's an aesthetic issue rather than a practical one.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    You're thinking of leaving because they changed how the status icons look? Wow, maybe you should just go now and save yourself the trouble.

Personally not sure what the big fuss is. The number of times I actually open the magic menu is . . . well . . . zero. I just type the spell out. Could care less what the icons look like because I never see them.
    The game can be played different ways, some players use the menus and some don't.
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    as long as the buff and debuff icons at the top of my screen get HD'd and please for the love of god differenciated (like how all the bard songs look the exact same? or any defence buff or offensive buff looks the same... variation please and colors) at some point i dont care if they HD and change these icons (and i think if it did bother me i think i could get used to them really its not that bad). the old ones told u absolutley nothing other than element and if it was white or black magic with its magic type specific icon.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I didn't even notice them.
    (0)

Character
    Altrage
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    I'd like to see passive traits with the numerical tiers subtexted in icon like the abilities are now. That is all.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitheren View Post
    I like the new spell icons but the colored -na spells always made it easier to me to select them in my magic list. They need their colors back.

Love the avatar ones though.
    100% exactly how i feel. if i could like this again, i would.
    (0)

i actually love the new icons, but i hate that i cant tell what type of magic it is and what element it is at a glance like before. i wouldnt mind if they didn't change at all, but if they stay the way they are, the spell descriptions need to be altered to include this information. just the possibility that i may have to go to the ffxi wiki to find out what gear i'm gonna need for a spell really bums me out. that said, some icons aren't just difficult to tell what the element for that spell is; it's just plain wrong. paralyze's icon is GREEN, and i know for a fact it is ice-based, not wind-based.
    (2)

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm one who play this game for 8 years, I must say i'm nothing about new icon. It's just not much familar on first time see. but it's not really effect much on playing. Since moslty of time i just use macro. and read the name of magic or ja. I think to make it's look different for each is nice for notice in long term play. btw i'm not objection any for option to switch old and new type of icon.
    (0)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    I know that many players wish there was an option to revert back to the old icons. You have to see their point of view, some have been playing with them for 8-10 years and like it that way.

Maybe give an option to toggle between new and old? Like you can with the chat log background. I know those are two completely different systems, and understand why it wouldn't be easy to do, but I think players would appreciate the effort if it was possible to do.
    This is another instance in which they could make use of the "FINAL FANTASY XI Config.exe" settings.

"Textures > (In-Game Icons)" could be added letting you choose between normal and old styles.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Honestly the new icons in themselves are quite nice. More individualized then just basic color. I do actually like them. HOWEVER, that is also the problem i have with them. I'm used to a very specific look and order. Those color help me remember specifically where a spell is without looking through the actual names. I don't have that advantage any more.

So it'll take time for me to get readjusted. And i think once ppl do, the issues will subside some.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast