Thread: BST nerf please

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikom View Post
    the problem isnt the BST job, problem is the person behide PC, Xbox or PS2, i have done dynamis on bst and usually try to be nice to others not grabbing more 1 mob at time (if there more ppl around), talk about links is diferent, specially if mobs link to master and not pet or if mobs agroo to master. howevever i have seen plds with Ochain and sub dnc pulling a bunch of mobs (taking a whole family of mobs) and taking to a corner so doing A edge, how we deal with those ochain plds, what should do ppl, come and ask nerf Ochian? not the asnwer.
    problem is the person behide of PC, Xbox or PS2, not the job, lets undertand this and stop the blame/complain about all bsts.
    Ok point taken I couldnt agree more with you that it is the person behind the job. The problem is however this is a BST complaint thread and in many instances the people that I've experience these problems with were BST, SMN, BLM, and occasionally PUP. Overall though I did suggest a level/attack spike for more than 3 mobs linked or attacked at once as a way to discourage this behavior for all jobs not just BST. I feel it can easily be done by having some mechanism check each mobs hate list and see if one name is on more than 3 mobs, if so add x amount attack, evasion, defense, level, and be done with it. Its as simple as that to me.
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Step one: find evil bst training all specific mobs.

Step two: sleepga all of said evil bsts trained mobs.

Step three: manawall. Manafont. Destroy bsts trained mobs.

Step four: wait for the evil nice bst to pull for you again.

Step five: sleepga next pull, ....log.

Step six: rinse repete.

Not a solution for everyone, but was fun for me. (Note this is not a good farming method, but is a good stress reliever)
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawesemo View Post
    Step one: find evil bst training all specific mobs.

Step two: sleepga all of said evil bsts trained mobs.

Step three: manawall. Manafont. Destroy bsts trained mobs.

Step four: wait for the evil nice bst to pull for you again.

Step five: sleepga next pull, ....log.

Step six: rinse repete.

Not a solution for everyone, but was fun for me. (Note this is not a good farming method, but is a good stress reliever)

Very nice, if you can't beat them join them.
    (0)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenn View Post
    Kinda unfair BST pets are mindlessly overpowered nowadays don't you agree? I mean you just be naked sit back and spam reward and solo grand wyrms w/o having to put effort into learning the job or actually spend time gearing it. Not saying make it to where BST use to be (useless at 75 just about) but you shouldn't be able to solo with a job 95% of the player base leeched up via FC partys and not put any time into learning or gearing it. Just a thought, its pretty disheartening seeing poorly geared or naked beastmasters being able to solo things like vrtra which is glitched as is since the undead vrtra summons will not attack the pets. DEVs should make it so BSTs have to work on learning the job and have to put time into gearing it.
    It'll be overpowered if they can solo NM's when Seekers of Adoulin come out. other than that it's a job useless killing super easy mobs for super old content,
    (1)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldrich View Post
    It'll be overpowered if they can solo NM's when Seekers of Adoulin come out. other than that it's a job useless killing super easy mobs for super old content,
    I think the biggest hate comes from bst being able to hold hate with multiple UNCLAIMED enemies. This allows them to horde mobs. Unless players can instantly pull hate the bst pet can reclaim them breaking their combat locks.

This could probably be reworked by making the enemy hate degrade faster for each new enemy the pet attacks. So if the pet has hate on 10 enemies they get less hate and lose more for each one they're engaged with. Basically making all the enemies share the hate degradation at the same time.

It was never about how unfairly they got treasure hunter it was about the conflict of GREED and the bad karma behind it.

The result was people looking for ways to NERF beastmaster in a vengeful manner so they complained about treasure hunter until SE gave them their way. People will always hate on good things if they feel left out or it gets in the way of their agendas.

The treasure hunter nerf is a prime example of this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 09-18-2012 at 03:49 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenn View Post
    Kinda unfair BST pets are mindlessly overpowered nowadays don't you agree? I mean you just be naked sit back and spam reward and solo grand wyrms w/o having to put effort into learning the job or actually spend time gearing it. Not saying make it to where BST use to be (useless at 75 just about) but you shouldn't be able to solo with a job 95% of the player base leeched up via FC partys and not put any time into learning or gearing it. Just a thought, its pretty disheartening seeing poorly geared or naked beastmasters being able to solo things like vrtra which is glitched as is since the undead vrtra summons will not attack the pets. DEVs should make it so BSTs have to work on learning the job and have to put time into gearing it.
    Back in the LVL 75 days a well geared PLD could super tank the Divine Might with just a single WHM healer.. Did that make the job over powered? Heck no people still talk LOL PLD for most of the content. A wel geared PLD can take a beating but other limits on the class screw it in a lot of situations. It's the same with beastmaster or any job for that fact. Just because you're PO about the BST doing things other jobs can't don't rag on them. There are things the other jobs can do that they can't.
    (0)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    O gawd, leave bst alone! Infact, make em more god-like than rdm, due to the ability to control nature itself all around Vanadiel. Beastmaster should be worshiped!
    (1)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Psxpert2011 View Post
    O gawd, leave bst alone! Infact, make em more god-like than rdm, due to the ability to control nature itself all around Vanadiel. Beastmaster should be worshiped!
    beastmasters should be destroyed like the mobs they control LMAO
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Bitter Mage is bitter~
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Very nice, if you can't beat them join them.
    Until you get reported and kicked out for bullying.
    (2)

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast